Official The Batman Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But that’s the thing. I don’t have to like every run. There are runs of Spider-Man I don’t like. Either because they’re too far away from what I like about Peter, too plodding, or just don’t work with my sensibilities. The beauty of it is I know when that writer is done someone else will get a crack at it.

There are people who don’t like nick spencers latest run on amazing because he leaned into horror. I love horror so that worked for me. But I get why it doesn’t for others. Just like there are people who didn’t like what Tom king did with Batman. Cool they can wait it out and come back for a new writer.

Loving the idea and freedom of that model doesn’t mean you’ll like every single run. So your argument isn’t the one I’m making at all.

I don’t like sams take on Spider-Man. Other people do. That’s great. They have a thing they like or love and I can have something I like or love.
got you.

as long as its because you dont like their version and not that you dont like they made their own version im rockin with you :salute: im all for different versions and portrayals. most of the time in here nikkas is like this isnt (insert character) and im like wow let these guys have some got damn creative license for crying out loud

on a semi related subject im still waiting for somebody to do batman beyond

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
got you.

as long as its because you dont like their version and not that you dont like they made their own version im rockin with you :salute: im all for different versions and portrayals. most of the time in here nikkas is like this isnt (insert character) and im like wow let these guys have some got damn creative license for crying out loud

Yeah never that. Im never mad at directors or writers doing their thing. Even if I don’t like it I still give them props for doing what they want to do and interpreting the character as they see it. I know if someone ever gave me the keys to Spider-Man, I’d do something different than anyone else has. Cats would love it or hate it but it would be mine.

Bruce timm and paul dini pitched a Batman beyond movie back in the early 2000s. Idk what happened but they didn’t go for it. Which is probably for the best at the time cause I don’t think the tech was there yet. Now it would be easy.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
got you.

Yeah never that. Im never mad at directors or writers doing their thing. Even if I don’t like it I still give them props for doing what they want to do and interpreting the character as they see it. I know if someone ever gave me the keys to Spider-Man, I’d do something different than anyone else has. Cats would love it or hate it but it would be mine.

Bruce timm and paul dini pitched a Batman beyond movie back in the early 2000s. Idk what happened but they didn’t go for it. Which is probably for the best at the time cause I don’t think the tech was there yet. Now it would be easy.
Batman Beyond became Batman Begins

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Basically yeah. They had Batman beyond then they had Darren’s Batman year one then Batman begins.
Truthfully it might’ve been too early for Terry with technology and comic films were in a transition during that time.
Today especially wit Into the spiderverse Batman Beyond is just waiting for a reintroduction to the world. Just fast forward 40 years and go. Question is animated better or is it more ambitious to try a live action Blade Runner type of film?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Truthfully it might’ve been too early for Terry with technology and comic films were in a transition during that time.
Today especially wit Into the spiderverse Batman Beyond is just waiting for a reintroduction to the world. Just fast forward 40 years and go. Question is animated better or is it more ambitious to try a live action Blade Runner type of film?

I’d like to see it in live action. Them bringing Keaton back into the food makes that a possibility

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd like it as a big budget HBO Max series instead. Way more room for some dope stories that can connect back and forth with some of the films.
Shrug. I still think they Snyder cut made people believe in mirages. If they do anything with hbo max it’ll be a movie like the batgirl movie

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Frenchie, whose name i refuse to look up is a beautiful woman, don't get me wrong, and Katie Holmes has looked cute often... but I just don't like Anne Hathaway in anything, and Maggie is droopy dog. she can't be the girl at the center of a love triangle between Bruce Wayne and the hot shot Gotham DA.
I thought Katie looked ok in Begins and Hathaway is ok looking. Maggie was a horrible choice as far as looks! :scust: It was hard to suspend belief that a billionaire and a hot shot DA was lusting after her. :gucci:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
iu

The first trailer was dope, but, the 2nd one felt too familiar as they tryna tell us this is so different.

I give them credit for not showing too much based on what the breh in the only thread said the movie is about.

I have live action Batman fatigue. I can't believe they bout to be a Dark Knight remake (The Catwoman parts gave me that vibe).