Official The Batman Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yup. Same. I’m much more with this idea than the other stuff. The reason I love comics is because I get different writers and artists telling their version of these stories. I like the idea of there being “runs” on movies just like comics. They don’t need to be interconnected at all.

There's room for both but anyone who believes movies or comics etc. need to be done one way is wrong. We got people saying they've never seen The Batman look the way the film is shot here... there's always room for creators to do something different :ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yup. Same. I’m much more with this idea than the other stuff. The reason I love comics is because I get different writers and artists telling their version of these stories. I like the idea of there being “runs” on movies just like comics. They don’t need to be interconnected at all.
one of the biggest tenets of the film room is the exact opposite. yall love shytting on movies because "thats not peter parker", etc. yall never let these directors give their own take

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
one of the biggest tenets of the film room is the exact opposite. yall love shytting on movies because "thats not peter parker", etc. yall never let these directors give their own take
But that’s the thing. I don’t have to like every run. There are runs of Spider-Man I don’t like. Either because they’re too far away from what I like about Peter, too plodding, or just don’t work with my sensibilities. The beauty of it is I know when that writer is done someone else will get a crack at it.

There are people who don’t like nick spencers latest run on amazing because he leaned into horror. I love horror so that worked for me. But I get why it doesn’t for others. Just like there are people who didn’t like what Tom king did with Batman. Cool they can wait it out and come back for a new writer.

Loving the idea and freedom of that model doesn’t mean you’ll like every single run. So your argument isn’t the one I’m making at all.

I don’t like sams take on Spider-Man. Other people do. That’s great. They have a thing they like or love and I can have something I like or love.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
this is complete non-sequitur, but i was just thinkin about how much sexual energy Zoe Kravitz oozes. i love that chick. then i thought about how hot i thought Michelle Pffiefer was back in the day... then i thought about how much of a fukkin doofus Anne Hathaway is. can't stand that chick.

the android Chris Nolan made a Batman trilogy and his 3 "sexy" women were Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. And what's her face Frenchie. what a boring dude.
yeah Christopher Nolan has picked some awful love interests in most of his movies

Last edited:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps