Official The Batman Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It won’t be. No way a Batman movie is rated R. Batman is too big a property and has too much crossover appeal for WB to cut off half their market
But that's the thing. It doesn't cut off the market. I think they starting to figure out Rated R movies don't stop nobody from seeing shyt. It damn sure didn't in the late 80s and 90s.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Joker was a different type of movie for me. Although the movie was good, it didn’t fit the Comic book type shyt for me.
I feel u. But it's still DC. And this the type of vibe they gettin on. This Batman shyt looks to follow that blueprint. The director had the some of the same influences for this Batman movie as the director for Joker did for his movie.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Son The Joker grossed over a billion dollars. It's very possible especially if they going for the Se7en vibe. And the influenced the director said he had to make this movie were all rated R crime and drama films.

maybe an uncut version, but no fukkin way are they making Batman rated R for theaters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But that's the thing. It doesn't cut off the market. I think they starting to figure out Rated R movies don't stop nobody from seeing shyt. It damn sure didn't in the late 80s and 90s.
Different times my man. For one, parents are a lot less lenient than they were then as are theaters. Two, movies cost a whole lot more money to make now. Deadpool can be R rated cause it’s a relatively cheap movie. So your profit margins don’t have to be as big. Batman cost a whole lot more than Deadpool, even when it’s low down and dirty. And there are a lot of marketing partners and licensing that goes into a Batman project. They’ve already shown they can push the PG13 boundary with the dark knight and still make a billion, so why rock the boat?

joker can go R rated because it only cost about 50-60 mil to make. Less of a gamble. When your movie cost 100 million plus, and you have a lot more stakeholders involved, that ties your hands a bit.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So this isn't a detective batman?

The film noir tone looks stupendous.
It's 100% detective Batman.

DC has good direction. But only with the second iteration of its universe with joker and the batman.
Joaquin's Joker isn't in this Batman's universe.

He's wearing eyeliner... And looks like he's never been to the gym

Batman supposed to be a trained ninja..
Michael Keaton looked like a trained ninja?