Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Most of the villains will be guys Batman just talks to to see if they know what's going on. They won't be full on villains, his rogue gallery will already be established in this film.

I don't think that's him.

Was it ever confirmed that this was set in the 90s. Dude probably went home and went back to a straight and narrow life as Barack Obama.

Bruce Wayne saw his billionaire parents murdered during a mugging when he was 10 years old and decided to dedicate his life as a vigilante dressing as a bat, spending most of his time in an underground lair and beating up bad guys at night.

He's out of his fukking mind.

If it turned out that Jeff Bezos was doing this shyt he'd be ousted from his company, arrested and evaluated for insanity.

90s setting was just a rumor

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Not true...... No movie was more campy and kiddie than Shazaam and people want more of that.

Same for Deadpool regarding the campiness.

But Shazaam is the movie that pretty much ended all the "kiddie" and "jokes/humor" stuff from any other company.... FOREVER:usure:
I know you'll find articles and stuff... tweets....

But I don't know a grown person in history, who has ever said a damn thing about Shazaam. I'm not even sure I know anyone who watched it. And I've watched it. It was some bullshyt.

I'm grown. I been looking for REAL comic translations since X-Men. Why is Wolvie killing with no damn blood.. Why aren't they fukking up people like the comics? Best movies are the grounded type ones. Nolans. Captain Americas. Even Dr. Strange being mythical, but they kept it G. IW. Joker. Wolverine. Blade. I'm from that era baby

This is what real fans been waiting for like I said. Nobody was begging for more campy shyt. People loved Deadpool cause that was his comic role but they kept it hard R. We looking for R or close as possible from now on!! The comics they based on certainly were

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Nah this ain’t it. I’m not buying him as Batman...they overdid it with the muscles on the suit and I read that he didn’t even put on muscle for the roll...afflek was fine

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know you'll find articles and stuff... tweets....

But I don't know a grown person in history, who has ever said a damn thing about Shazaam. I'm not even sure I know anyone who watched it. And I've watched it. It was some bullshyt.

I'm grown. I been looking for REAL comic translations since X-Men. Why is Wolvie killing with no damn blood.. Why aren't they fukking up people like the comics? Best movies are the grounded type ones. Nolans. Captain Americas. Even Dr. Strange being mythical, but they kept it G. IW. Joker. Wolverine. Blade. I'm from that era baby

This is what real fans been waiting for like I said. Nobody was begging for more campy shyt. People loved Deadpool cause that was his comic role but they kept it hard R. We looking for R or close as possible from now on!! The comics they based on certainly were

You do know grown people who watched and loved it though.... by your proximity to the coli.:usure:

Many in here and will kill you if they see this post. For your sake I'd suggest you edit this ASAP.:russ:

Also, I dont disagree.... but I do think its case by case and just depends on the character and story. I dont wanna see a rated G Punisher but I also dont need a rated R or NC-17 Spiderman.

Also, I like more of the mystical or fantasy type shyt. Every other movie that comes up is already grounded. We get hundreds of John Wicks and "every day man" grounded type movies all the time.

Mind you as I'm talking to you I'm watching Doom Patrol

giphy.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I have been arguing with people for ages on how that's supposed to be the case. Bruce Wayne is a man defined by trauma and obsessed with (physically) fighting crime. What part of that suggests he's in a correct mental state?

Bruce Wayne saw his billionaire parents murdered during a mugging when he was 10 years old and decided to dedicate his life as a vigilante dressing as a bat, spending most of his time in an underground lair and beating up bad guys at night.

He's out of his fukking mind.

If it turned out that Jeff Bezos was doing this shyt he'd be ousted from his company, arrested and evaluated for insanity.

I think what y’all are missing tho with @NZA’s observation is this may be the first time we’ve seen bruce wayne look disheveled as a result of him not being able to keep his composure...he’s always been able to keep the playboy billionaire persona together to “distract” those around him from his “mental affliction”...if they purposely have bruce wayne looking like this tho to represent a breakdown in which he can no longer separate the two personalities then that’d be dope...on the other hand if that’s just simply how dude looks then ya I can see how it threw dude off

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Exactly :mjlol:

This dude said they confirmed it and I’m like “who tf are they?”

Then in the article they literally say it’s NOT confirmed...

Like dude is arguing for “sources”

I clearly said that their reliable reliable source confirmed it but not the studio.

Either youre a dumb dude or old ass man...Im leaning towards old ass man.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think what y’all are missing tho with @NZA’s observation is this may be the first time we’ve seen bruce wayne look disheveled as a result of him not being able to keep his composure...he’s always been able to keep the playboy billionaire persona together to “distract” those around him from his “mental affliction”...if they purposely have bruce wayne looking like this tho to represent a breakdown in which he can no longer separate the two personalities then that’d be dope tho
I gotta disagree. Keaton always looked out of it as Bruce. Besides his eyes, he just looked like he was ready to swing on someone

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think what y’all are missing tho with @NZA’s observation is this may be the first time we’ve seen bruce wayne look disheveled as a result of him not being able to keep his composure...he’s always been able to keep the playboy billionaire persona together to “distract” those around him from his “mental affliction”
Disagree on that. Michael Keaton played up the mental issues of Bruce Wayne too. It wasn't as overt but it was clear something was off about the man. This is taking it a step further but too many people have come to think as the Bruce Wayne persona being this slick suave playboy and forget the man underneath is broken.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disagree on that. Michael Keaton played up the mental issues of Bruce Wayne too. It wasn't as overt but it was clear something was off about the man. This is taking it a step further but too many people have come to think as the Bruce Wayne persona being this slick suave playboy and forget the man underneath is broken.

then we’ll have to agree to disagree...on the surface michael keaton’s bruce wayne did not look as “broken” and disheveled as this bruce wayne does in the trailer...he damn near looks like the joker toward the end when he removes his cowl...if they’re purposely going for that to show you how fukked up he really is then great...it makes sense...if dude face just simply looks sickly like that then I get why dude brought up how crazy he looks as bruce wayne