Official The Batman Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if you factor that out, Joaquin's joker doesn't strike me as a criminal mastermind that can go toe to toe with batman
We really only saw like 25 minutes of the Joker, after he said fukk it and embraced the fukkery.

No telling what he could do if he's off his meds for a long time and got people backing him up.

Killing Joke Joker went from a engineer to a failed comic to

d47d30befcce8a83373038ded3fd6747.jpg

At the end of the movie he kills a nurse for no reason at all and runs around the hallway like he's getting chased playing tag.

:manny:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Joaquín version of the Joker would not be a factor against an able body, dude looked morbidly sick. Hopefully they introduce the character played by a younger actor.

I'm not in the least impressed by Joaquin rendition, thankfully it was a one and done deal.
Joaquin's Joker is the one who inspired Batman's Joker. They're not the same. One of the anarchists at the end of the movie is the actual Joker. He is also the inspiration behind the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

This also goes back to how it is written. Keaton was written as the perfect Bruce Wayne, so was Ledger as Joker to those respective stories. Some actors are really good but bad for roles like Christian Bale imho.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think the director for Suicide Squad just didn't know what he was doing with him.
He needs another shot at the Joker. Maybe not this trilogy, but in the other DC films.
IIRC, DC locked him out the editing room. Hired a company that does movie trailers to edit the movie. Why the Joker's role was reduced/significantly changed and why they had music blasting over every scene for like the first 30 minutes.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Watched Blade Runner 2049 again. Leto is a really good actor.

I'm starting to think the director for Suicide Squad just didn't know what he was doing with him.
He needs another shot at the Joker. Maybe not this trilogy, but in the other DC films.

Im wondering how that would work now since he’s in Morbius. Plus, it would be hard for him to be the Joker again due to Joaquin’s performance. I think it would be best for him to distance himself from that character and form his own lane with Morbius.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched Blade Runner 2049 again. Leto is a really good actor.

Counterpoint: he did what he wanted to do. He made his choices and David Ayer went with him on those choices

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
IIRC, DC locked him out the editing room. Hired a company that does movie trailers to edit the movie. Why the Joker's role was reduced/significantly changed and why they had music blasting over every scene for like the first 30 minutes.
Yup. The team that cut the trailer cut the final movie