Official The Batman Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isn't this based on the Hush comic?

Melissa McCarthy as Penguin? :comeon: That's not even a gender thing, they just couldn't think of another heavy set actor.
The writer was like: who is fat in Hollywood currently?
I'm shocked they didn't say the massive chick from This Is Us.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Diminishing returns since, breh what movie came out are you basing that on?
Justice League?

If trash like the Dark Knight Rises can get a billion... A true version of Batman on the screen will make bank.
Hoping this Reeves guy delivers I can't say I am a fan of the Apes, the series is as good as forgotten to me.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:beli:

Everything Reeves has said and the reports that have come out about the movie said it will be exactly this.

It's supposed to be the first movie that shows why Batman is called the World's Greatest Detective.

Was this before or after the numerous re-writes/script changes? With villains like Penguin I doubt we get anything serious. Especially if fukking Jonah Hill or Melissa McCarthy( :mjlol: )is in it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this before or after the numerous re-writes/script changes?

From January

https://io9.gizmodo.com/matt-reeves-wants-his-standalone-batman-movie-to-be-abo-1832195719

It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Diminishing returns since, breh what movie came out are you basing that on?
Justice League?

If trash like the Dark Knight Rises can get a billion... A true version of Batman on the screen will make bank.
Hoping this Reeves guy delivers I can't say I am a fan of the Apes, the series is as good as forgotten to me.
BvS and Justice League. You would think Bats and Supes sharing the screen plus a Wonder Woman cameo would guarantee a billion. It didn't.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
BvS and Justice League. You would think Bats and Supes sharing the screen plus a Wonder Woman cameo would guarantee a billion. It didn't.
That's because word got out thst they were crappy movies, you make a good Batman film and it'll do mad numbers.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The Penguin?? So Killer Croc would be the muscle? Please make it so.