Official T E N E T Thread

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
There's something about it that made it watchable and enjoyable for me. Cinematography and the scenery looked beautiful.

Loved Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattinson. Young Denzel needs some work but in the second half his performance was more tolerable. His fight sequences were A1 tho.

I think i have a basic understanding of the plot but i couldn't explain it to anybody. That's how convoluted it is. :pachaha:

7/10

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I rather go back out and shovel snow for 2.5 hours than watch the horse shyt I just sat through.

Fukk this fukking try-hard movie, and fukk Christopher Nolan for everything from the cheesy ass dialogue, casting John David Washington, casting that tall ass skinny white chick (who he loved getting creepy camera shots of on the low), and of course the horrendous audio.

Surprisingly, Robert Pattinson was the most likable part of this movie...until he fukked it up for himself at the end with his stupid ass explanation of what happened/was happening while he walked away with a blackhawk running in the background.

John David Washington is best suited for comedies and characters like what he played in Ballers. I thought it was satire whenever he spoke. Wasn’t convincing whatsoever, and he was too damn short for that white woman.

Not sure if it’s just me, but I wonder if Marvel has taken over the “we have to save the world from this mad man” storyline. Just feels so cheesy and old school now unless it’s probably done perfectly with the writing...or at least with some kinda fukkin explanation.

I swear I would’ve yelled “oh fukk you, Christopher Nolan” at the end had I seen this in the theater.

:trash: :camby:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I actually watched this again last night being bored af. My daughters were watching it with me too from about the scene where Washington first goes inverted. I must say that I did enjoy the movie more the 2nd time around, the action scenes and some of the visuals hit harder. The movie still makes no goddamn sense. I was trying to just enjoy it without thinking too hard but Nolan forces you to try and digest the incoherent plot.

The audio is still horrendous. The mixture of thick accents, low dialogue audio and ridiculously loud score was just overkill.

Now for the funniest part. My 7 and 9 yr old are watching the movie and didn't say much during and at the end when Neil is leaving to get on the chopper my 9yr old says, "this was the weirdest movie dad" and then my 7 year old chimes in, "well, if we could hear what they are saying would help a lot" :dead:

My kids lately been on one. :russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I actually watched this again last night being bored af. My daughters were watching it with me too from about the scene where Washington first goes inverted. I must say that I did enjoy the movie more the 2nd time around, the action scenes and some of the visuals hit harder. The movie still makes no goddamn sense. I was trying to just enjoy it without thinking too hard but Nolan forces you to try and digest the incoherent plot.

The audio is still horrendous. The mixture of thick accents, low dialogue audio and ridiculously loud score was just overkill.

Now for the funniest part. My 7 and 9 yr old are watching the movie and didn't say much during and at the end when Neil is leaving to get on the chopper my 9yr old says, "this was the weirdest movie dad" and then my 7 year old chimes in, "well, if we could hear what they are saying would help a lot" :dead:

My kids lately been on one. :russ:
Salute to your daughters for having more of a clue than the insisting Nolan dikk riders in this thread. :ehh:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
This movie is pure nonsense. I tapped out after 1.5 hours. The fact there was still another hour to go is laughable. One of the most pretentious pieces of fiction I've seen. The premise was interesting, the cinematography was compelling and that is it. Of course I understand resident Film critiques will come and tell me I lack the necessary nuance.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This movie is pure nonsense. I tapped out after 1.5 hours. The fact there was still another hour to go is laughable. One of the most pretentious pieces of fiction I've seen. The premise was interesting, the cinematography was compelling and that is it. Of course I understand resident Film critiques will come and tell me I lack the necessary nuance.

even the premise didn’t make sense once you actually saw it for what it was or tried to understand it.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Just warched

I loved this shyt:mindblown:

The acting wasn't top notch tho

I'm never taking yall opinions on anything :dead:

I thought the audio would be better than once it was on Prime.. going to have to set my soundbar to voice mode

The audio crazy as fukk
One min the dialog too low
Then the gunfire and explosions and music blasting

I was constantly turning the volume up and down

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
just saw this, one of the absolute worst pieces of trash i've ever sat through. turned it off near the end and watched an explanation of it on youtube and even the explanation with pics was too convoluted. and if i have to watch an explanation vid to understand what your movie is about, then your movie is garbage. the sound was fukked up also and i couldn't understand what these fakkits was sayin half the time. none of the characters were compelling or made me give a fukk about what they were doing. there was no noteworthy music and the action was lackluster. jesus christ what a dumpster fire of a movie. and people was complaining about wonder woman, which at least is actually a movie with a discernible beginning, middle, end, a plot, an attempt at a message, etc. damn this shyt was whack. so glad i didn't watch this pretentious nonsense in the theater. nolan needs to stop trying to be deep and just make regular movies.
Imagine liking wonder woman :dead: