Official T E N E T Thread

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just saw this, one of the absolute worst pieces of trash i've ever sat through. turned it off near the end and watched an explanation of it on youtube and even the explanation with pics was too convoluted. and if i have to watch an explanation vid to understand what your movie is about, then your movie is garbage. the sound was fukked up also and i couldn't understand what these fakkits was sayin half the time. none of the characters were compelling or made me give a fukk about what they were doing. there was no noteworthy music and the action was lackluster. jesus christ what a dumpster fire of a movie. and people was complaining about wonder woman, which at least is actually a movie with a discernible beginning, middle, end, a plot, an attempt at a message, etc. damn this shyt was whack. so glad i didn't watch this pretentious nonsense in the theater. nolan needs to stop trying to be deep and just make regular movies.
:russ::russ:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
man this shyt was like gettin high and eatin a sandwich made out of cardboard or some shyt.
I didn't dislike it as much as you, but this movie only gets to good or great once the following are added: subtitles, multiple viewings, and explanation videos. If it needs all of that...How great is it really...?

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
This movie was cool, but its definitely a love or hate it thing. no middle ground.

At times this just reminded me of a very honed and trimmed down Hideo Kojima script. With talk of inverted and normal soldiers and the way things play out with set pieces and returning to those moments from other directions. Very Kojima esque and I appreciate that kind of fukkery. Nolan, if he's anything, is very unique in what he gets away with with big budget films. no one else can make a movie like this, not at this scale and in its practical nature. that was another thing. Made me appreciate his entire crew for the amount of work that must've gone into making these shots happen in a mostly practical space and the continuity in the shots must have been maddening to keep track of. Just amazing technical work.
Lol Kojima is actually a good comparison..

As a kid I just enjoyed the games and had no clue what was really going on...

I wonder if those games make sense to me now:jbhmm:

Tenet I actually understood but I do need to see it again

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't dislike it as much as you, but this movie only gets to good or great once the following are added: subtitles, multiple viewings, and explanation videos. If it needs all of that...How great is it really...?

It's not everyday the average person would know what entropy, inversion, pincer movements and grandfather paradoxes.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Just started this.... we all know what we get with Nolan. He makes movies for you to look shyt up on the internet after the movie is over.

I have to say... the intro track is the hardest shyt I’ve heard in a movie in years.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Nolan is good at directing action but not combat, specifically. He knows the shots and cuts, the speed of the camera, and the angles. But I’ve never seen a good punch or a good gunfight in a Nolan film. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is trying to make it harder on himself. Hallway scene in inception is top notch Nolan combat and that was special for reasons outside of the combat.
I’m cool with Nolan not using blood or showing gunshot impacts on bodies in his movies, but when he doesn’t even use blanks or cgi muzzle flares, and just inserts audio of a gunshot going off? When the gun clearly isn’t being fired?
:dahell:

It really breaks the immersion. Oh and often when bullets hit objects there’s often no impact shown. A dude in Tenet just fired a machine gun burst into an engine block of a car, and the car stopped on the highway, but there were zero bullet homes in the hood of the car. :skip:

How can one director he so good at directing action, but in film after film, rarely ever show a gun actually being fired? :mindblown:

Edit: It’s jarring in his regular movies, but in a film where bullets fly in reverse it’s especially confusing. It makes it harder to tell if I’m watching ‘inverted ammunition’ or not.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It's not everyday the average person would know what entropy, inversion, pincer movements and grandfather paradoxes.
Just started this.... we all know what we get with Nolan. He makes movies for you to look shyt up on the internet after the movie is over.

I have to say... the intro track is the hardest shyt I’ve heard in a movie in years.
I think it makes for a better REWATCHABLE movie. I watched it, made my own theories, came here to discuss some, watched some videos, noticed some things.....

Now I can watch it again and I bet it plays like a totally different movie. Now if I was Dark Knight again, it's gonna be the same ass movie, to me, that I watched a decade ago.. Nothing new

I think he likes going beyond that. Movies are bigger than 120 mins and you know everything and that's the end of the movie. Motherfukkers STILL talking about Inception/Interstellar/The Prestige and what was real and what isn't. Tenet wasn't a hit or even critically acclaimed or halfway understood.... And we in here on page damn near 40, with 50 replies, still discussing it and finding new shyt and discovering new angles

Give me this over cookie cutter shyt ANYDAY

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
A few things. Excited for Pattinson's Batman. John David Washington would make a good Black Panther. This movie is the closest we'll get to seeing a Batman| Black Panther team up joint. Also, this is pretty much the blueprint for a black james bond flick.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just had the time to finally sit down and watch this for the first time. That was a damn good movie brehs. I dont understand how people found it confusing. Yeah i didnt understand at the beginning but shyt started making sense as i watched. Best movie of 2020. This is the black spy lead we've been asking for

Last edited: