Official T E N E T Thread

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
This movie was cool, but its definitely a love or hate it thing. no middle ground.

At times this just reminded me of a very honed and trimmed down Hideo Kojima script. With talk of inverted and normal soldiers and the way things play out with set pieces and returning to those moments from other directions. Very Kojima esque and I appreciate that kind of fukkery. Nolan, if he's anything, is very unique in what he gets away with with big budget films. no one else can make a movie like this, not at this scale and in its practical nature. that was another thing. Made me appreciate his entire crew for the amount of work that must've gone into making these shots happen in a mostly practical space and the continuity in the shots must have been maddening to keep track of. Just amazing technical work.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Finally saw this, once you get past the first part of him fake dying and the inversion stuff (I still don’t get it but I just accept shyt gets wonky when it’s active xyz ) then the movie is pretty decent. Idk about rewatching to analyze but if I’m bored then sure I’ll pop it in.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
After a 5th watching I'm still picking up on stuff. JDW never had a name in the movie, just known as The Protagonist. Also how he was on 2 occasions able to get close to Priya, 1st when he went to see her to find out more about the algorithm pieces and history, also at the end when Kat made the phone call. I recall Priya always traveled with heavy armed security at all times.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought the movie was well done but to be fair I’d probably be pissed if I hadn’t know I need to watch closely before the first viewing and was forced to watch again to figure it out.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
just saw this, one of the absolute worst pieces of trash i've ever sat through. turned it off near the end and watched an explanation of it on youtube and even the explanation with pics was too convoluted. and if i have to watch an explanation vid to understand what your movie is about, then your movie is garbage. the sound was fukked up also and i couldn't understand what these fakkits was sayin half the time. none of the characters were compelling or made me give a fukk about what they were doing. there was no noteworthy music and the action was lackluster. jesus christ what a dumpster fire of a movie. and people was complaining about wonder woman, which at least is actually a movie with a discernible beginning, middle, end, a plot, an attempt at a message, etc. damn this shyt was whack. so glad i didn't watch this pretentious nonsense in the theater. nolan needs to stop trying to be deep and just make regular movies.