Official T E N E T Thread

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Well I can definitely see why they wanted this in theaters. Looks like an expensive ass movie. This is my "type" of movie and I loved the action scenes but it left a lot up for interpretation. I don't see how anyone can fully grasp everything on the first viewing. I understood the inverse time concept. But I guess it would have been better to have a better description. The scene with the lady towards the beginning tried but it was still a lil shaky. Overall and after the second viewing I'd give it a 8. I love this genre so I might be a lil biased. It's not quite a gamechanger but it was entertaining

These are my thoughts as well, entertaining movie. Just watched the 4K Blu-ray, the audio is phenomenal, just wished Nolan would embrace the spacial surround formats. 5.1 is dated, Atmos would serve this movie right. Visuals were usual Nolan flare. Seen this twice in the theater and now twice at home, I have definitely picked on a few things I missed.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Found this on Reddit

sljeqyb80wl51.jpg

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Just watched this movie at home and I think that was the saving grace, cause it meant me and the wife could keep pausing and figuring out WTF was going on!? I like action films that have some complexity to the plot and not just guns and explosions, but this would've been a struggle for me in the theatre without being able to pause !
:mindblown:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Just saw this movie...
The only things that I am sure of is that the main character and Batman did a very good job.

The Protagonists sarcasm and general "wtf", "idgaf" way of being cracked me the hell up.
Even when he fights the dudes in the kitchen he had a "I am tired of this shyt" attitude, he reminded me of a mix between S. Jackson and Denzel.

Patinson did a great work and it gives me hopes for Batman. I can now see him as Bruce Wayne.

As for the movie man. I don't fcuking now. I'll rewatch it and see if it's pretentious but understandable or stupid pretentious.

If it wasn't for the confusion, I'd apreciate the camera work and action sequences more.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Saw the film two days ago and I had to turn my brain off to enjoy it. It was a good action flick with excellent visuals and good action scenes. Intelligent, strong, and well spoken black protagonist. And an excellent soundtrack which is a staple in Nolan films. That’s probably my favorite thin about it. Oh and the Indian MILF. And I hate time-travel movies. Didn’t understand Donnie Darko til this day. The science in this movie was bleh.

It’s one of those films you’d have to watch twice or maybe three times to finally get it. YouTube vids of people breaking it down helped too.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Man fukk outta here y’all :stopitslime:

The Film Room told me that GOATlan can do no wrong :skip:

Now his movie is a piece of shyt that’s too damn complicated to grasp and tried really hard to over complicate things?? :what:

But praises Intersteller which had a Uber trash ending and an even worst protagonist?? Fell into a fukking black hole and end up in Bulk Universe?? Foh :camby:

I don’t like time travel movies but everything made sense once I stepped back and realized what was going on, along with watching the breakdowns. Audio was trash admittedly. He should’ve did what he did with Bane. Accents were horrible. Soundtrack was exquisite.

nah can’t trash a serious sci-fi action flick with a serious, intelligent, quick-thinking black male protagonist. Something Carpenter and Cameron has NEVER done and they are considered the GOATS on this board :camby:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:gladbron:

I done struggled to watch this movie almost as much as I tried to watch and finish Captain Marvel. I'm on my 5th try and tapped out 2 hours in.

See my sig? See the title under my avatar? I'm a Whovian, dawg. Lifelong. All media. 4,500 stories deep. I done seen the absolute BEST and the absolute WORST of time travel.

And this.... ain't it.:francis:

:heh: hell, even before that. The shyt where they basically bungee jumped off that building and walked into a busy crowd... and NOBODY looked up?

I shoulda known THEN... but nah, I tried to stick with it.

5 tries later, I may finish it in like 5 or 6 months.

I finished Captain Marvel. I... I don't know if I can finish this.

And ask @TheGodling , that's saying a HELL OF a lot.

:salute: glad y'all enjoying-ed it.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PROTAGONIST: "But can we change things? If we do it differently?"

NEIL: "What’s happened’s happened. Which is an expression of faith in the mechanics of the world, not an excuse to do nothing."

PROTAGONIST: "Fate?"

NEIL: "Call it what you want."

PROTAGONIST: "What do you call it?"

NEIL: "Reality."

And this is basically the cusp of the entire film. I get that people dislike this movie because of their own personal feelings they have from it and that's fine. I do not think this is the type of movie that should be pleasing for a general audience. Most people want to be entertained and turn their brains off and see cool shyt on screen and NOT try to work themselves until frustration trying to understand what the fucck's going on. So, I get it and I have no problems with anyone shytting on this film for their reasons. But for me, and the reason why I am a die hard Nolan fan through and through, is that I love movies like this. I love movies that has philosophical and metaphoric meanings. I love movies that I may be ignorant on the subject matter, I can go and look up what it is and bring me a bigger appreciation in how it was interpreted onto film. It makes me grow intelligently into certain fields of study that I've never before would of thought about. In this, I learned about the temporal pincer, entropy, a deeper understanding of fatalism vs free will and with that the Grandfather paradox.

The entire film of Tenet is paradoxical and even though it's not the first time and really Nolan's 2nd time he done this, but it is one of the rare times where you can watch this film both forwards AND backwards. Plus, all the symbolic Easter eggs peppered throughout the entire film, from the red and blues shown in each scene, to certain pieces of the score going forward and backwards, of course the 10 minutes forward & backwards in the 3rd act which equals to the palindrome word "tenet". Even when Neil did the countdown cluing us that we are in the EXACT midway time of the entire movie. It is those many things which I love about this movie. I am a sucker to rewatch to try to find a lot of these hidden gems and find more deeper meanings to certain parts of the movie.

But again, for those who dislike it. It is cool, because this isn't a film I expect people in general TO like. It's for diehards like myself who love movies like this. The one thing I do not like with Nolan which is contradictory to the movie itself, is his relentlessness these days to not give people what THEY WANT and do things that only he likes. Then have the nerve to put WB in a corner to force them to put his movie into theaters during a pandemic because his ego wouldn't accept it to be push back any longer or place on the small screen. And it's how he now direct. He isn't thinking like he done with Inception in trying to assist people into understanding what's going on, he no longer gives a fucck these days, and Tenet is a prime example of that. And it don't bother me personally, because of what I already explained. However, if you intent to do a summer big movie, you GOT to please the viewers over pleasing yourself and that's my one criticism.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
PROTAGONIST: "But can we change things? If we do it differently?"

NEIL: "What’s happened’s happened. Which is an expression of faith in the mechanics of the world, not an excuse to do nothing."

PROTAGONIST: "Fate?"

NEIL: "Call it what you want."

PROTAGONIST: "What do you call it?"

NEIL: "Reality."

And this is basically the cusp of the entire film. I get that people dislike this movie because of their own personal feelings they have from it and that's fine. I do not think this is the type of movie that should be pleasing for a general audience. Most people want to be entertained and turn their brains off and see cool shyt on screen and NOT try to work themselves until frustration trying to understand what the fucck's going on. So, I get it and I have no problems with anyone shytting on this film for their reasons. But for me, and the reason why I am a die hard Nolan fan through and through, is that I love movies like this. I love movies that has philosophical and metaphoric meanings. I love movies that I may be ignorant on the subject matter, I can go and look up what it is and bring me a bigger appreciation in how it was interpreted onto film. It makes me grow intelligently into certain fields of study that I've never before would of thought about. In this, I learned about the temporal pincer, entropy, a deeper understanding of fatalism vs free will and with that the Grandfather paradox.

The entire film of Tenet is paradoxical and even though it's not the first time and really Nolan's 2nd time he done this, but it is one of the rare times where you can watch this film both forwards AND backwards. Plus, all the symbolic Easter eggs peppered throughout the entire film, from the red and blues shown in each scene, to certain pieces of the score going forward and backwards, of course the 10 minutes forward & backwards in the 3rd act which equals to the palindrome word "tenet". Even when Neil did the countdown cluing us that we are in the EXACT midway time of the entire movie. It is those many things which I love about this movie. I am a sucker to rewatch to try to find a lot of these hidden gems and find more deeper meanings to certain parts of the movie.

But again, for those who dislike it. It is cool, because this isn't a film I expect people in general TO like. It's for diehards like myself who love movies like this. The one thing I do not like with Nolan which is contradictory to the movie itself, is his relentlessness these days to not give people what THEY WANT and do things that only he likes. Then have the nerve to put WB in a corner to force them to put his movie into theaters during a pandemic because his ego wouldn't accept it to be push back any longer or place on the small screen. And it's how he now direct. He isn't thinking like he done with Inception in trying to assist people into understanding what's going on, he no longer gives a fucck these days, and Tenet is a prime example of that. And it don't bother me personally, because of what I already explained. However, if you intent to do a summer big movie, you GOT to please the viewers over pleasing yourself and that's my one criticism.

"What I find is people who just watch the movies to be entertained and have a good time, they get the movies and they understand the movies far better than people who fight the movies, who feel they’re in some kind of chess match with the movie while they’re watching it,” Nolan explained. “And the reality is, the reason people get frustrated like that is because it’s not a level playing field. I’ve had 20 years to think about these ideas. So it’s not a level playing field in that sense. It’s not meant to be a chess match between filmmaker and audience. It’s entertainment. It’s a ride you go on and, if done right, there will be aspects to it that will reward a second viewing. When you’re dealing with time and when you’re dealing with these sorts of complexities, you have to be making a film that the second time you watch it would be a different film.”- Chris nolan

:troll: :troll: