Official T E N E T Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 80 mins in and paused to come here and say that even though I love movies that make you think and are hard to follow, I’m still finding a lot of this film to be confusing. Mad clunky exposition too.

But as usual, Nolan makes beautiful cinema. This is a joy to look at. I’m just finding a lot of the dialogue to be clunky and hard to follow.
After I was done I watched a couple of the action scenes and realized what I missed the first time around. U gotta watch it multiple times

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Both Nolans are kinda high/super into metaphysical shyt and this was, much like later seasons of Westworld, just them going full on with it. Probably Nolan at his most Nolan, at least not since Memento. Given the reception we might not see him like this again lol.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Fell asleep a few times watching it yesterday but so far I’m at the halfway point of the movie. Not as bad as I expected. Don’t completely understand everything going on so far but I typically get a little lost with any movie/show dealing with some aspect of time travel.

I’m 80 mins in and paused to come here and say that even though I love movies that make you think and are hard to follow, I’m still finding a lot of this film to be confusing. Mad clunky exposition too.

But as usual, Nolan makes beautiful cinema. This is a joy to look at. I’m just finding a lot of the dialogue to be clunky and hard to follow.

I got this on Redbox and tried to watch it but turned it off halfway through I'll try again when it's free on cable but as of now this shyt was trash

Post on message boards halfway through a movie brehs!

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I would seriously recommend watching spoiler videos of this in between watching like 30 min chunks of the movie

At first I didn't like it at all. Now I really love it. It's a puzzle. No way watching it cold one time would suffice. You could actually know all the spoilers from the jump and STILL have to concentrate like a mf during the movie

Not for everyone. This is almost like an activity

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’m cool with Nolan not using blood or showing gunshot impacts on bodies in his movies, but when he doesn’t even use blanks or cgi muzzle flares, and just inserts audio of a gunshot going off? When the gun clearly isn’t being fired?
:dahell:

It really breaks the immersion. Oh and often when bullets hit objects there’s often no impact shown. A dude in Tenet just fired a machine gun burst into an engine block of a car, and the car stopped on the highway, but there were zero bullet homes in the hood of the car. :skip:

How can one director he so good at directing action, but in film after film, rarely ever show a gun actually being fired? :mindblown:

Edit: It’s jarring in his regular movies, but in a film where bullets fly in reverse it’s especially confusing. It makes it harder to tell if I’m watching ‘inverted ammunition’ or not.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I just finished watching it. This was by far his worst movie. I'm disappointed in terms of the story. The special effects & visuals were amazing though.

He better come correct next film because I'm starting to think he peaked with Interstellar:patrice:

:mjtf:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

Interstellar was my favorite movie from him. Inception is a close second. Dark Knight/Prestige are interchangeable at 3 & 4. Batman Begins & Memento are interchangeable at 5 & 6. TDKR at 7. Dunkirk & Tenet were both sort of disappointing to me and follow after that :yeshrug:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Interstellar was my favorite movie from him. Inception is a close second. Dark Knight/Prestige are interchangeable at 3 & 4. Batman Begins & Memento are interchangeable at 5 & 6. TDKR at 7. Dunkirk & Tenet were both sort of disappointing to me and follow after that :yeshrug:
He ain't made a better movie than Memento.

Interstellar is :francis:

End up in a black hole book shelf bruhs.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I haven't seen Dunkirk or prestige. Heard Dunkirk was boring, prestige was one of those movies where you saw the trailer forever and when the movie finally comes out, you talk yourself out of seein it. Then I hear that stupid twist on how it ended.

So insomniac, batman begins, and interstellar are all better. Its on the same level as inception

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I haven't seen Dunkirk or prestige. Heard Dunkirk was boring, prestige was one of those movies where you saw the trailer forever and when the movie finally comes out, you talk yourself out of seein it. Then I hear that stupid twist on how it ended.

So insomniac, batman begins, and interstellar are all better. Its on the same level as inception
Uhhhh........prestige is on the best movies of the last 20 years.....