Official Syrian Refugee backlash thread

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
If there are those in need of help, and one has the power to lend a hand, but chooses not to, how can one call themselves an honourable human being? Is there a risk of terrorists blending in? Yes. So screen them at the border. But don't turn them away. To refuse those in dire need is a cowardly act.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I understand that, but what of the homeless population in America? when the refugees come over, they get a better hand out than those on government assistance. now if we want to debate the idea of morality then let's first realize we have alot of people here in America who could use the same concern and care being afforded to a person from another nation.

I say that with no animosity towards the refugees, but in a game of "honorability" the 'honorable' thing to do would be correct your citizens issues first then help outside. but :manny: what do I know, I'm just a coli troll

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I understand that, but what of the homeless population in America? when the refugees come over, they get a better hand out than those on government assistance. now if we want to debate the idea of morality then let's first realize we have alot of people here in America who could use the same concern and care being afforded to a person from another nation.

I say that with no animosity towards the refugees, but in a game of "honorability" the 'honorable' thing to do would be correct your citizens issues first then help outside. but :manny: what do I know, I'm just a coli troll
I understand your point about fixing internal issues. But the very fact that your homeless population is big as it is is already an indicator of how the government handles their business. And that shouldn't mean you should turn away those in need. Step up the homeless aid efforts and help the refugees. Although of course, logistically, politically and financially that's a different matter.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I think as a country we have to admit the situation of the homeless, education, health insurance and other social ills are by design.

:manny:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I understand your point about fixing internal issues. But the very fact that your homeless population is big as it is is already an indicator of how the government handles their business. And that shouldn't mean you should turn away those in need. Step up the homeless aid efforts and help the refugees. Although of course, logistically, politically and financially that's a different matter.

:jbhmm:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I think as a country we have to admit the situation of the homeless, education, health insurance and other social ills are by design.

:manny:

I bought up that point to contest Joey's stance on honorability.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
If there are those in need of help, and one has the power to lend a hand, but chooses not to, how can one call themselves an honourable human being? Is there a risk of terrorists blending in? Yes. So screen them at the border. But don't turn them away. To refuse those in dire need is a cowardly act.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Easy, all you have to do is de-humanize them. Which is has been done countless times over history and what they are doing right now : instead of calling them refugees, they call them "illegal" migrants, and now "terrorists". It's working too.

This is the same bs argument that comes up over and over again, even though most people don't care one bit about homeless people UNLESS they can use them as a cover and "justification" for their xenophobic views. Whole european extreme-right is repeating this like a mantra, while they've never done anything for homeless people :camby:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Easy, all you have to do is de-humanize them. Which is has been done countless times over history and what they are doing right now : instead of calling them refugees, they call them "illegal" migrants, and now "terrorists". It's working too.

This is the same bs argument that comes up over and over again, even though most people don't care one bit about homeless people UNLESS they can use them as a cover and "justification" for their xenophobic views. Whole european extreme-right is repeating this like a mantra, while they've never done anything for homeless people :camby:
some trill shyt :ohhh: lead the society to hate on them and the rest will do itself :wow::scust::wow:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
some trill shyt :ohhh: lead the society to hate on them and the rest will do itself :wow::scust::wow:

Oldest trick in teh book breh. If you read up on any mass killing or genocide for example, it always starts by de-humanizing the "other", as in Nazi Germany or Rwanda, as well as slavery. Thus generalisations.

It's harder to hate Mohammed ben Whatever, writer, father of two, 42, soccer fan and amateur musician than "Illegal muslim immigrant num 4322, possibly terrorist".

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Don't be willfully ignorant. The killers in the Paris attacks were French or Belgian nationals. They were not Syrian refugees.

Why did one of them "just happen" to carry a fake Syrian passport in his front pocket on his way to the attacks? Are you that clueless that you can't see yourself being used? You really think he's going off to the attacks with his suicide vest, "Oh, damn, gotta make sure not to forget my fake passport!"

They WANT you to hate the refugees. They WANT a wall of seperation between the West and the Muslim world.

In America, the process for becoming a refugee is HARD and takes FOREVER. It has by far the most stringent security checks of any immigration process. It would be the absolute stupidest way for a terrorist to come here.

If we do have terrorists that want to get into America, they're going to use tourist visas or student visas or cross the border illegally. They're not going to use the refugee program.

This is helpful if you really don't understand how stringent the refugee security checks are.

If you had all your friends, family, neighbors, local and national government backing you, and were a KGB-level liar, you might have a shot to get in.
Bruh I don't give a fukk bout none of that...these people were born in France, meaning they parents or grandparents were immigrants...and that's even worst...they don't attack now but they will later...after 50 plus years in their respective countries, they still hate it enough to carry out cold blooded murder...so we admit these Muslims now, they sons will kill us later...we see the proof...it's not "islamophobia", we see everywhere Muslims are, death and destruction follows...and then again, the politicians are not the ones dying so they don't give a fukk...watch when a car bomb blow up congress, watch how fast they pass laws cause they ass under attack...but for now they'll keep repeating the same cliché that "Islam is a religion of peace"...NOT ONE PERSON believe that bullshyt anymore besides the people who's saying it...and fukk you c00n ass black Muslims for supporting these killers...I hope y'all die in one of their suicide bombings...

alybaba

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The easiest way for ISIS to conduct attacks in the US is to send French and Belgian nationals posing as tourists who can enter the US without a visa for up to 6 months at a time, not Syrian refugees who are primarily families and wait 2-3 years to get in.