Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Daps
mn I read one article that said that what makes this show so great is that they're rich af but handle all their situations clumsily like regular people do. and I feel like that take was right :russ:
I think it's the exact opposite.

It caricaturizes the self-serving, narcissistic, morally-absent and out-of-touch-with-reality machinations of the rich, and doesn't chase it down by humanizing them.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Born on the North Bank, King of the East Side
Fifty years strong, now he’s rollin’ in a sick ride
Handmade suits, raking in loot
Five-star general, y’all, best salute
Yo, bytches be catty, but the king’s my daddy
Rock all the haters while we go roll a ’rati
Squiggle on the decks, Kenny on the rhyme
And Logan big ballin’ on Hamptons time
L to the OG
Dude be the OG
A-N he playin’
Playin’ like a pro, see

L to the OG
Dude be the OG
A-N he playin’
Playin’ like a pro

A1 ratings, 80K wine
Never gonna stop, baby, fukk father time
Bro, don’t get it twisted, I’ve been through hell
But since I stan Dad, I’m alive and well
Shaper of views, creator of news
Father of many, paid all his dues
So don’t try to run, your mouth at the king
Just pucker up, bytch, and go kiss the ring
L to the OG
Dude be the OG
A-N he playin’
When I say L, you say OG
L to the …

[No response from crowd]

L to the …

Crowd: [Sort of into it] OG!

L to the …

When I say L, you say OG
L to the …

[No response from crowd]

L to the …

Crowd: [Sort of into it] OG!

L to the …
Screen_Shot_2019_09_30_at_11.45.15_AM.png

Daps
The nepotism on this show is quietly hilarious to me, as well. None of his kids have earned the right to succeed Logan as CEO yet they seem to be the only ones in consideration. It's funny to me how all the non-family can see how clearly incompetent these people are and not only do they say/do nothing, they have to placate these spoiled brats. And Royco is a publicly traded company, it's probably 100x worse with a privately held company.

Any chance Logan throws a wrench in the system by season's end and introduces a non-family contender?

Revisiting this cuz this is still hilarious to me. ...the episode after I laughed at the blatant nepotism, Logan does move forward with forming a search for a CEO outside of the family. Only for the head of that searching effort to pretty much name herself :deadmanny:

This is a $25B+ company we're talking about, picking a CEO like it's pickup basketball :mjlol:

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Revisiting this cuz this is still hilarious to me. ...the episode after I laughed at the blatant nepotism, Logan does move forward with forming a search for a CEO outside of the family. Only for the head of that searching effort to pretty much name herself :deadmanny:
Didn't dikk Cheney do that? Bush picked him to lead the VP search and he ended up as VP.

Daps
Didn't dikk Cheney do that? Bush picked him to lead the VP search and he ended up as VP.
I dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised lol

To be clear I wasn't painting any of this as unrealistic. Nepotism is very real and after that it's all about who you know in business, that's why they stress networking so much. That's also why once you reach that C-suite level, you're pretty much guaranteed to stay there for the rest of your career. Do a shytty job, get a golden parachute to the landing pad of another executive position at a new firm. :mjlol: