Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And there was a line in this episode that wasn't a shot at Billions, but in my mind it was a shot at Billions...

When they find out that Holly Hunter's character is gonna come in and meet, old boy who just got his spot back tells Logan "It's like [INSERT LITERARY REFERENCE] switching sides"

Then Logan just looks at him and says "Why don't you take your library card and... fukk off"

Billions does that all the time (or at least in the 2 seasons I watched) where characters just spit high-brow literary and classics references at each other and no matter who hears it they get it and it's fukking pretentious and one of the reasons I stopped watching the show :mjlol:

It probably (maybe?) wasn't a shot, but to me it felt good to hear that I'm not the only person who thinks shyt like that is annoying. In real life and on TV.
Yeah, seems the difference is Billions tries to glorify uber rich people like they are actually smarter and have a special expertise on business or law. Succession is cutting them down and showing them to be dysfunctional bafoons. I like both shows but yeah Billions does have an air of pretension.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah, seems the difference is Billions tries to glorify uber rich people like they are actually smarter and have a special expertise on business or law. Succession is cutting them down and showing them to be dysfunctional bafoons. I like both shows but yeah Billions does have an air of pretension.

That's exactly it. Billions thinks Axe, Chuck, and Wendy all are intellectually superior because they can quote 70s movies.

Succession knows it's characters are idiots inside , because they call websites "groovy hubs".

Both shows had scenes with Rich people eating illegal French songbirds. In Billions it looks "elite"
. "I don't know about you but I just had a religious experience," Wagner says, after popping the bite-sized fowl into his mouth whole. "At the climax I felt the crack of its little rib cage, then the hot juices rushing out, down my gullet. Sublime."

and in Succession it looks out of touch.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
the family dynamics shows dysfunction...but a character like Logan is smart wether you like him or not.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
the family dynamics shows dysfunction...but a character like Logan is smart wether you like him or not.

He had a retreat with executives where he bullied an employee into not going to the bathroom, had three executives albeit 2 of him his relatives but in mixed company crawling on the floor for hot dogs.
Smart but a bully and very unethical. I mean his kids and people who work for him are craven and cowards in comparison but he is also no one to look up to.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
And there was a line in this episode that wasn't a shot at Billions, but in my mind it was a shot at Billions...

When they find out that Holly Hunter's character is gonna come in and meet, old boy who just got his spot back tells Logan "It's like [INSERT LITERARY REFERENCE] switching sides"

Then Logan just looks at him and says "Why don't you take your library card and... fukk off"

Billions does that all the time (or at least in the 2 seasons I watched) where characters just spit high-brow literary and classics references at each other and no matter who hears it they get it and it's fukking pretentious and one of the reasons I stopped watching the show :mjlol:

It probably (maybe?) wasn't a shot, but to me it felt good to hear that I'm not the only person who thinks shyt like that is annoying. In real life and on TV.

Billions would have done it this [and it would be Axe too] "I'm gonna fukk you over like Coriolanus fukked the Romans". Then all the characters will understand the reference when you JUST KNOW none of them are into that shyt.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I assume you mean Kendall. I was reading this like there's a randle? That scene with him and shiv was dope AF. Great acting by both. It was nice seeing them care for each other instead of competing.

It didn't cross my mind that Logan was aware of Kendall thinking of jumping. It makes sense why they built the safety glass now.

I'm wondering if Kendall took a bump in the safe room when he went into the bathroom:jbhmm:
:russ:
My bad. Yea Kendall. And he def took a bump in the bathroom cause he came out focused as hell.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
He had a retreat with executives where he bullied an employee into not going to the bathroom, had three executives albeit 2 of him his relatives but in mixed company crawling on the floor for hot dogs.
Smart but a bully and very unethical. I mean his kids and people who work for him are craven and cowards in comparison but he is also no one to look up to.
Were talking smarts.
You dont build that type of empire w/o being smart as hell.

Thats what the whole show is about.
A self made man that is out of touch w/ modern times...with children that lack his drive and hustle.

Billions is your typical CBS/Showtime show...its a lot of flash, but lazy writing.
I watch it...but its silly.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Were talking smarts.

A self made man that is out of touch w/ modern times...with children that lack his drive and hustle.

Billions is your typical CBS/Showtime show...its a lot of flash, but lazy writing.
Disagree, you can build an empire with average intelligence and very low morals. His kids are a bi-product if his rearing or lack thereof.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Were talking smarts.

ya I don’t think I’m committing to another season unless they announce it’s the final season

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billions would have done it this [and it would be Axe too] "I'm gonna fukk you over like Coriolanus fukked the Romans". Then all the characters will understand the reference when you JUST KNOW none of them are into that shyt.

Always felt that that show had weird writing. The characters would make obscured references and everyone in the room would immediately understand it. It's unrealistic but entertaining.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just watched episode 4 and I've come to this conclusion: Greg is a wolf. He's awkward right now, but you can clearly see that dude is a lot more shrewd than he's coming off to everyone else. It's like he's trying to fight it off and be this good guy, but situations and circumstances keep pushing him to reveal more of his character. Great character development.

Also, Roman and Jerri's relationship is starting to give off a BDSM-esque vibe. :patrice:

I remember in the 1st season Greg grandfather tried to warn him to not lose himself amongst these people and initially he kind of went along to get along. But now he's using the narcissism of the other family members and making moves on the low. Dude is going to work his way onto the board eventually or win in some big way.

Oh and shoutout to Roman on that dominant GILF wave.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I remember in the 1st season Greg grandfather tried to warn him to not lose himself amongst these people and initially he kind of went along to get along. But now he's using the narcissism of the other family members and making moves on the low. Dude is going to work his way onto the board eventually or win in some big way.

Oh and shoutout to Roman on that dominant GILF wave.
Is Jerri a smash or pass in your book?