Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
And there was a line in this episode that wasn't a shot at Billions, but in my mind it was a shot at Billions...

When they find out that Holly Hunter's character is gonna come in and meet, old boy who just got his spot back tells Logan "It's like [INSERT LITERARY REFERENCE] switching sides"

Then Logan just looks at him and says "Why don't you take your library card and... fukk off"

Billions does that all the time (or at least in the 2 seasons I watched) where characters just spit high-brow literary and classics references at each other and no matter who hears it they get it and it's fukking pretentious and one of the reasons I stopped watching the show :mjlol:

It probably (maybe?) wasn't a shot, but to me it felt good to hear that I'm not the only person who thinks shyt like that is annoying. In real life and on TV.

Billions often suffers from Sorkin-lite type of writing. Where successful white collar/elite characters have a super wide range of intellectual knowledge and casually reference them in conversation. "Dear White People" does this corny shyt too. When people speak like this in real life conversation, it's awkward and projects insecurity. This is a great video describing the flaws of Sorkin type writing...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I'm not but I don't have to be on rich people's dyck either. :sas1:
its not about being on rich peoples nuts...its about respecting the hustle.

Something we all can take part in (I havent had a job since 2012...so i know how rough this shyt is).

Anyway...the kids on Succession arent evil or lacking morals..they are your average people...but with a powerful father and opportunities they arent prepared for.

I dont know character names...
...but the one son could probably do the job, but has a drug problem....
...the daughter could do it, but has been stuck between the political and private worlds...
...and the McCulkin kid thinks he's smarter than what he is.

I see this dynamic in a lot of families w/ self made parents...
...the kids come up w/ no real problems...which creates their own set of issues.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
its not about being on rich peoples nuts...its about respecting the hustle.

Something we all can take part in (I havent had a job since 2012...so i know how rough this shyt is).

Anyway...the kids on Succession arent evil or lacking morals..they are your average people...but with a powerful father and opportunities they arent prepared for.

I dont know character names...
...but the one son could probably do the job, but has a drug problem....
...the daughter could do it, but has been stuck between the political and private worlds...
...and the McCulkin kid thinks he's smarter than what he is.

I see this dynamic in a lot of families w/ self made parents...
...the kids come up w/ no real problems...which creates their own set of issues.
I respect everyone who works hard at something to benefit society but working hard doesn't mean you will automatically be rich there are a lot of factors including just dumb luck.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few notes from the newest episode;

- Shiv in a pant suit? Yes please. :takedat:

- ‘donor boners’ seem to be an epidemic recently.
:troll:

- Could never stand Jodie Foster’s voice. Great actress though.

- Tom is easily the funniest character on the show. His subtlety is superb. His and Greg’s dynamic is comedic gold.

- “ol’ uncle meat hands. Dad wouldn’t let us in the pool with him.”
:mjlol:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And there was a line in this episode that wasn't a shot at Billions, but in my mind it was a shot at Billions...

When they find out that Holly Hunter's character is gonna come in and meet, old boy who just got his spot back tells Logan "It's like [INSERT LITERARY REFERENCE] switching sides"

Then Logan just looks at him and says "Why don't you take your library card and... fukk off"

Billions does that all the time (or at least in the 2 seasons I watched) where characters just spit high-brow literary and classics references at each other and no matter who hears it they get it and it's fukking pretentious and one of the reasons I stopped watching the show :mjlol:

It probably (maybe?) wasn't a shot, but to me it felt good to hear that I'm not the only person who thinks shyt like that is annoying. In real life and on TV.

I didn’t even notice the connection but it was now I think about it. I couldn’t stand that bullshyt either. I stopped watching Billions a while ago and I gave my boy that exact reason for being turned off. I’m trying to watch Wall Street ceos run shyt, be bosses and be a$$holes. Verbosity for the sake of trying to sound sophisticated is corny to me. They’d be in the middle of a random scene and drop an obscure historical reference that sounds incredibly pretentious and pompous like Pheidippides running 100 miles through the mountains to save the Greeks or something corny like that :mjlol: Like foh b, nobody cares :dame:

Oville

Pro
Daps
I don't get the comparison between this and billions. Billions has a criminal justice component to it that makes the fabric of the show completely different from this show which is about a family all competing to get to the top of their empire.