Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Redheads are the black women of white women :mjgrin:

90683834_ryu-twist.gif

In the wrong section this would get a plat thread and a bunch of hate, but I totally understand what you meant, even if you don't mean what I think :patricelol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I highly recommend it. It's similar to Billions in terms of the presence of wealth and jockeying for power/influence, but the humor is more dry and subtle. It's got plenty of family/work drama and a lot of tense moments but think of it like a satire instead of a drama overall. A lot of people and critics were turned off when the show first started because they thought it was supposed to be a super serious drama and the humor went over their heads since they didn't expect it. Someone mentioned Wolf of Wall Street and I can see that to a point, but there's less slapstick comedy. The drug use is more realistic but still funny (sometimes).
It’s better than billions in the fact that it’s way less corny.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you're not paying attention, you might think the show is a cross between Billions and House of Cards. It's not directed like a comedy, and if you're not paying attention you'll miss the jokes and think the show takes itself seriously.
But, yeah, in reality it is much closer to Veep and Arrested Development. With a lot of mean-spirited "British"-styled humor hiding inside.
It’s like Mad Men and House of Cards. Ridiculously realistic