Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Good episode:
  • Logan holding that murder over Kendall's head got Kendall doing his bidding coldly and precise. lol He turned him into a robot.
  • Shiv was feeling herself and torpedoed her current gig. You can see a mile away this is all going to blow up in her face.
  • Speaking of which Greg I don't know if he is being purposeful or not but digitizing fake FOX news' files is gonna open them up to a hack and the network will have serious PR issues. And Tom will be the fall guy. Greg said he doesn't like the network so it might be a set up, but seems more than likely he is being honest and doesn't see the impending problem with his plan.
  • Roman is hilarious although not likable. lol @ his girl teasing Tom about swallowing his own load.
  • Logan is the man, you see how he is playing Shiv and his wife simultaneously? He knows how to keep everyone in edge and not comfortable. He's got all his kids and wife right where he wants them psychologically and emotionally.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy because it's one of the best shows on TV. I hate to say this but this is the reason I join a lot of subreddits for my tv shows. The discussions be insane pre and post. I watched Baskets I don't think I've ever seen a thread about that show on here

I swear to god...

There are points of that show that I forget Louise Armstrong is actually a real person.

Christine Baskets has taken over his soul.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
"shading the debate...in the shape of a burning cross"

:merchant:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kendal very rarely has moments of joy in his life.

Its crazy.
I think that's why he took those batteries and gave Greg the apartment. Small moments where he actually has power to make his own choices, even though he didn't seem to enjoy them still. Dude showed no emotion after gutting the same company that he was dying to buy in the very first episode. He sat down at that empty table in Logan's office like a puppet waiting to be taken off the shelf. His character development is my favorite part of the show.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Always looking for new shows to start with my girl. I've been hearing a lot about this and I see Joanna Robinson is doing a podcast about it so I might start just to have that to listen to. Without spoiling anything, what other shows does this compare favorably to? Tone? Style?
I highly recommend it. It's similar to Billions in terms of the presence of wealth and jockeying for power/influence, but the humor is more dry and subtle. It's got plenty of family/work drama and a lot of tense moments but think of it like a satire instead of a drama overall. A lot of people and critics were turned off when the show first started because they thought it was supposed to be a super serious drama and the humor went over their heads since they didn't expect it. Someone mentioned Wolf of Wall Street and I can see that to a point, but there's less slapstick comedy. The drug use is more realistic but still funny (sometimes).

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that's why he took those batteries and gave Greg the apartment. Small moments where he actually has power to make his own choices, even though he didn't seem to enjoy them still. Dude showed no emotion after gutting the same company that he was dying to buy in the very first episode. He sat down at that empty table in Logan's office like a puppet waiting to be taken off the shelf. His character development is my favorite part of the show.
tenor.gif

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Shiv is feeling herself and I think she’s making the wrong move, especially only having lame ass Tom to bounce ideas off.

She’s a shark but she’s a baby shark and she hasn’t been bit yet so she’s not wary enough to watch her back.

Logan could be on the up and up with her but never in a million years should she cut off her other opportunities and go full force. If she gets fukked it’s gonna be her fault. But she’ll blame Tom :mjlol:

I would too. That subtle shot of Tom’s loose fitting suit pants after they got back from roasting him at dinner was masterful.

This shyt is grimey high art :faketears:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Is it just camera tricks or does Shiv have a little somethin back there :patrice:

EDIT: Just read the most recent posts, I wasn't the only one...:russ:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Always looking for new shows to start with my girl. I've been hearing a lot about this and I see Joanna Robinson is doing a podcast about it so I might start just to have that to listen to. Without spoiling anything, what other shows does this compare favorably to? Tone? Style?

Veep, Arrested Development, & a bit of Wolf of Wall Street

If you're not paying attention, you might think the show is a cross between Billions and House of Cards. It's not directed like a comedy, and if you're not paying attention you'll miss the jokes and think the show takes itself seriously.
But, yeah, in reality it is much closer to Veep and Arrested Development. With a lot of mean-spirited "British"-styled humor hiding inside.