Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Shiv... :ohlawd:

Watching this show after finishing The Loudest Voice is interesting. Is Peach supposed to be Roger Ailles?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're not paying attention, you might think the show is a cross between Billions and House of Cards. It's not directed like a comedy, and if you're not paying attention you'll miss the jokes and think the show takes itself seriously.
But, yeah, in reality it is much closer to Veep and Arrested Development. With a lot of mean-spirited "British"-styled humor hiding inside.

thats a stretch IMO

hjnm

All Star
Daps
thats a stretch IMO

Dysfunctional family, manipulative and Machiavellian patriarch, fukked up kids trying to take over a company that their dad has no desire to relinquish control over. It really is not a stretch at all.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dysfunctional family, manipulative and Machiavellian patriarch, fukked up kids trying to take over a company that their dad has no desire to relinquish control over. It really is not a stretch at all.
yeah, i meant from a pure comedic aspect, not subject matter, which is how the comparison was framed

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Tom got in his feelings bout his suits :mjlol:
Greg running round his apartment and his air kick :russ:
Shiv booty one of them things that once you see it you cant unsee it :leon:
You can see the Gil putting his hands all over her like :shaq:.
That's probably when she decided to quit.

yeah, i meant from a pure comedic aspect, not subject matter, which is how the comparison was framed

One of the few comedy "cues" on the show is that they sometimes do an Arrested Development style camera zoom. Especially on Kendal's face after he says something ridiculous. But I also think that the subject matter sometimes IS the comedy, since both shows make fun of clueless excess.

And Season 1 Greg started out as practically a Michael Cera imitation, and there's a bit of GOB in Roman.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that's why he took those batteries and gave Greg the apartment. Small moments where he actually has power to make his own choices, even though he didn't seem to enjoy them still. Dude showed no emotion after gutting the same company that he was dying to buy in the very first episode. He sat down at that empty table in Logan's office like a puppet waiting to be taken off the shelf. His character development is my favorite part of the show.

that shyt reminded me of marlo taking those 2 lollipops...no fukking reason other than he could...granted someone died behind those lollipops :merchant:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this was the pic that made me slow down on getting too crazy over this chic

her ass seems to look long and flat in spandex...but if she wears the right shyt it could look a bit more curvy than it is

Sarah-Snook-at-Vancouver-International-Airport--04-662x993.jpg