Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know the phrase "best show on TV" gets thrown around a lot on here but this actually is one of the best shows on TV. I don't understand why this thread isn't twice the size.

Shiv is an idiot for accepting Logan's offer straight up like that. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see him actually appointing her next CEO, at least not in the streamlined way that he sold her on.
Did the first season get nominated for anything? I thought it was the best show on TV too.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I know the phrase "best show on TV" gets thrown around a lot on here but this actually is one of the best shows on TV. I don't understand why this thread isn't twice the size.

Shiv is an idiot for accepting Logan's offer straight up like that. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see him actually appointing her next CEO, at least not in the streamlined way that he sold her on.
He will name a successor, they still have to wait until he croaks for it to go into practice.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
He probably has the best chance while Logan is still alive. He is a murderer or took part in a death he is easily controlled. Kendall will do exactly what Logan says.

True, but if I only want someone I could use as a puppet if I was gonna be around to pull the strings.

It's one thing to have a puppet, it's another thing when your puppet is a junkie. He can use him for little games now, but CEO when he's dead is a no IMO

BTW, show still fire, theme still fire, Shiv still fire :faketears:

Daps
Probably.

Critics acted like it got significantly better and the tone switched midway through S1, but the truth is they just didn't get the tone early and when they finally got it that's when it "clicked"

First season did get significantly better for me. When I first watched the show I actually threw it in the bushes after the first few episodes. Then a few weeks ago I picked it up again after my boy’s insistence. Re-watching the first few episodes had me ready to bush it again, but I powered through it and I’m glad I did. Loving this show now.

I dunno that the tone changed, tho. Don’t see how anyone missed its comedic aspects, they were always there, especially with Greg’s character.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I feel like Logan is gonna toughen Ken up to give him the company. Shiv is just a smoke screen to take care of the political problem

Looking back at it now, I don't think Logan even cares about what happens to his company after he dies. He's entirely focused on going after his "enemies" while he is alive.

I think he was being accidentally honest when he said he could name an "empty suit" as a successor. That's how he thinks of Shiv.

To him, the only reason to name a successor is to keep the stock price from dropping while he is still in charge. After he's dead, for all he cares they can ALL go broke.