Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Probably.

Critics acted like it got significantly better and the tone switched midway through S1, but the truth is they just didn't get the tone early and when they finally got it that's when it "clicked"
Yeah I loved it right from the beginning. I saw a review mention this exact thing about not recognizing the tone during the first few episodes. A lot of reviewers didn’t realize it was supposed to be a satire/dark comedy and they treated it as a pure drama.

All I know is this show better get a sticky, especially since since fukking euphoria was stickies all season. This is one of the best shows running.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah I loved it right from the beginning. I saw a review mention this exact thing about not recognizing the tone during the first few episodes. A lot of reviewers didn’t realize it was supposed to be a satire/dark comedy and they treated it as a pure drama.

All I know is this show better get a sticky, especially since since fukking euphoria was stickies all season. This is one of the best shows running.

I tried to explain to one of my cousins (who didn't "get it") that it was a comedy. He was pushing back that HBO comedies are all 30 min long. This is an hour long, so it has to be a drama.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukkery back tonight but i gotta finish season 1 :sadcam:
Whoa if you haven't finished season one then you're in for a fukking treat, breh.
I tried to explain to one of my cousins (who didn't "get it") that it was a comedy. He was pushing back that HBO comedies are all 30 min long. This is an hour long, so it has to be a drama.
Interesting, I've never heard of that reasoning. Barry and Insecure are comedies and they usually go longer than 30 minutes.

I'm watching the first episode with Kendall hyping himself up in the back of his town car and it's clear to me that this was supposed to be a dark comedy/satire from the beginning. The actor does a great job is playing an in-over-his-head character.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

i don’t see how ppl missed the comedy, shyt had all sorts of low key laughs, dark laughs, and pure ridiculousness. shyt had dramedy all over it from episode 1 :manny: