Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So this show is actually good? :ohhh:

Might have to give it a watch.

I thought the pilot was bad when I first saw it, but when I went back and looked at it as a comedy rather than a pure drama I liked it a lot more. So, if you watch just the pilot you might not "get it".
But by the time the old man comes out his stroke and starts making moves to take his company back a few episodes later, it had become one of the best shoes on TV IMO.

Edit:
I know thread length doesn't necessarily reflect quality, but its pretty funny to me that this thread ended up longer than a lot of other hyped up shows, even though a lot of media buzz disappeared after the pilot aired.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought the pilot was bad when I first saw it, but when I went back and looked at it as a comedy rather than a pure drama I liked it a lot more. So, if you watch just the pilot you might not "get it".
But by the time the old man comes out his stroke and starts making moves to take his company back a few episodes later, it had become one of the best shoes on TV IMO.

Edit:
I know thread length doesn't necessarily reflect quality, but its pretty funny to me that this thread ended up longer than a lot of other hyped up shows, even though a lot of media buzz disappeared after the pilot aired.
After reading your post I went right into it, but the episode length tripped me up. I thought this was one of those half-hour HBO shows, I wasn't expecting it to be an hour long! :sadcam:

I'ma have to really prepare for this one. :whew:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Show started shaky, but ended with a bang. It's weird, the only part of the show I really find myself engaged with is Kendall. I still want to know what would possess him to adopt an Indian girl and an autistic boy with his ex. Like what was the point of that?

The other part that I really enjoyed was Connor saying "any schmuck can have millions of dollars." It's the company that makes the family relevant. So f'n true.
Because Rava doesn't want to mess her body up.

Another beast thing about this show on the very low is how Kendall started to become like his dad. His dad leaks that Kendall is back on drugs to the media. When that art deal with those women fell through, Kendall leaks that those women are druggies and whores. He had other smaller stuff that was showing him being like his dad but that final episode when he started the process of taking over the company showed he is a bytch ending with him basically committing depraved homicide because he wanted some coke.