Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's easy to re-watch this show in the background, so I've been watching some of the older episodes again. I just realized something I didn't pick up on the first time I watched the "fundraiser" episode:
Everything that happened in the 2nd half of the season was based on Connor's stupidity.

Kendall decided at the last minute to add a joke about his father's retirement to his fundraiser speech. The guy running the teleprompter added space for the joke as "SUPRISE LOGAN RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT"

Connor, even though he was trying to pass himself off as a neutral "UN White Helmet" guy, was already starting to think of himself as having the US Presidential potential. He was walking saying things like "watch out Middle East, I can fix anything!" just because he was moving salad forks around and firing guys in the kitchen for making the butter too cold and coming up with a plan to turn his mother's charity into a "Tea Party" movement to take over the US. So he saw the "joke" placeholder on the teleprompter as his chance to tip off his father and gain political support.

Up until that point, Logan was barely even able to get himself to make it to the party. He had no intention to come back to work that early until Connor told him Kendall was about to try to force him out. But Kendall never even got a chance to get up an tell his joke, because his father immediately got up on stage to tell everyone he's back full time.

The funny think is, Logan still thinks of Connor as a joke of a son who tried to bring him "old bread" goo as an 80th birthday present. Out of all of his kids, he has the least respect for Connor by far. Logan actually respects cousin GREG more than he respects Connor.
Hmmm. . . I just saw that move as bafoonery, Connor trying trying to kiss up to his Dad but yeah it was a bit more calculated than that, I could definitely see that. :jbhmm:
So are you saying Connor is trying to be over looked by Logan or is he trying to get his respect?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Hmmm. . . I just saw that move as bafoonery, Connor trying trying to kiss up to his Dad but yeah it was a bit more calculated than that, I could definitely see that. :jbhmm:
So are you saying Connor is trying to be over looked by Logan or is he trying to get his respect?

He was trying to get respect so that his father would support him in his political attempt to transform his mother's "ghetto ballet" charity into a Tea Party movement.

Found a site with the episode transcript.
Connor talking to Logan:
What would you think about me taking
over a little on the foundation?
Could we pivot it away from sick
kids and contemporary dance
and toward tax reform?
- Huh?
- To be frank, everyone's dancing anyway,
and there are a lot of charities
that cater to sad sacks
God knows I love 'em,
but hey, what about lending a hand
to stimulate free enterprise?

Later on, Connor talking to one of the dancers:

See, I actually have this idea
that social equality could be effected
by a complete eradication
of federal support.
Just people like you and I,
doin' it together,
- fighting it out without all the
bullshyt

He actually has always seen himself as having an underappreciated brilliant political mind, if only he could get a chance to use his family's wealth and power :duck:

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I just finished watching this show.

Great show. I’m rooting for Tom because I know so many dudes like him (minus the snowballing and having your wife have a side piece)

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One part I didn't get was the agreement between Logan and the pres candidate outside.. So logans gonna support him now?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
One part I didn't get was the agreement between Logan and the pres candidate outside.. So logans gonna support him now?

From what I can understand, Logan's span of News Networks is gonna ease up (not ease off completely, just fall back on reporting and doubling down on the foul or just untrue shyt like the idea his wife didn't commit suicide but maybe he killed her) and the Candidate's side is he wasn't gonna go public with the info Shiv dug up (the Cruise Liner incidents that Tom [and Greg] found and "destroyed")

It was more of a truce than an agreement.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

From what I can understand, Logan's span of News Networks is gonna ease up (not ease off completely, just fall back on reporting and doubling down on the foul or just untrue shyt like the idea his wife didn't commit suicide but maybe he killed her) and the Candidate's side is he wasn't gonna go public with the info Shiv dug up (the Cruise Liner incidents that Tom [and Greg] found and "destroyed")

It was more of a truce than an agreement.

My understanding is that Shiv's agreement was that they would keep attacking him until he's officially nominated (in order to keep up appearances), then back off of him once she gives the word.

If they started supporting him it would be too obvious that something was up (basically Fox News supporting Bernie Sanders).

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
I just finished watching this show.

Great show. I’m rooting for Tom because I know so many dudes like him (minus the snowballing and having your wife have a side piece)
:mindblown: why he is feckless. he tried to get greg to take a fall, and he only went at that guy because he got permission, he can't even root for his homies for his bachelors party. atleast these other mufukkers have done varying thing from endearing, fighting back, standing for themselves...

Last edited:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just binge watched season 1. This show did a phenomenal job of capturing the very worst sort of people I went to high school with (got a scholarship out of the projects in Harlem to a prep in Connecticut - one of the characters from The Big Short went to school with me), as well as the family of a former close friend (for a decade I was friends with this cat whose dad s worth $500 million, and it was astonishing how similar his family was to the worst members of my family - the ultra-wealthy and ultra-poor are spiritually aligned in ways I had never realized). I was laughing and cringing throughout every episode. Really difficult to tell where the comedy ends and the horror begins.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
as someone who was around rich upper east dikkheads as a teen, i had to watch this.
anything about the upper crust/elite in Manhattan i'm in.

its no Gossip Girl Season 1 (bonafide, NY classic) but a great show
there is 4 fantastic episodes and a quite a bit of mid here and there while still being very captivating.

the scene where Kendall dressed down, opened up the box of his overpriced Lanvin sneakers to wear to the cool kids meeting then got self conscious with them midway through the pitch deck was beautiful and my favorite scene in the whole show. seen it happen.

anytime Greg and Tom are on screen together is magical.

Last edited: