Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Last 7 episodes of this show have all been 9/10+ with the bachelor party episode being 12/10.

I will have to watch the first 3 because they almost lost me, but it might have been necessary to introduce all the characters.

Kendall is not going to be leading the company and it won't be Roman either because of his douchebaggery. It's going to be Shiv when its all said and done IMO.

livewire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
show is great...crazy watching how rich fukks can get away/manipulate things with their $ & pull....

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Show started shaky, but ended with a bang. It's weird, the only part of the show I really find myself engaged with is Kendall. I still want to know what would possess him to adopt an Indian girl and an autistic boy with his ex. Like what was the point of that?
his wife wanted it, and we may find out later that she can't have children but its probably she doesn't want to bothered with the process

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
show is great...crazy watching how rich fukks can get away/manipulate things with their $ & pull....
Bitter Brew: The Rise and Fall of Anheuser-Busch and America's Kings of Beer

9780062009265.jpg

If you ever have a chance, read this or listen to the audiobook:wow:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Only watched 3 eps, and need a new place to stream this.

Any recommendations on a good site to stream this show?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I dont even know who to root for but Greg is somewhat in the lead.

I was watching it not wanting or needed to root for anybody and after listening to an interview with the Creator, that's the "right" way to watch it. He talked about liking to watch TV shows where you didn't have to like the people to be interested in their characters and enjoy the story itself.

Not every TV show needs a Hero and a Villain.

And another thing I found interesting was the fact that the whole writing team is British and they write it in London.

I knew Jesse Armstrong (Creator) was British, but I assumed they posted up in LA or NY and did it, but apparently the whole thing is written in England.

I don't think it's important either way, just found it interesting.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I was watching it not wanting or needed to root for anybody and after listening to an interview with the Creator, that's the "right" way to watch it. He talked about liking to watch TV shows where you didn't have to like the people to be interested in their characters and enjoy the story itself.

Not every TV show needs a Hero and a Villain.

And another thing I found interesting was the fact that the whole writing team is British and they write it in London.

I knew Jesse Armstrong (Creator) was British, but I assumed they posted up in LA or NY and did it, but apparently the whole thing is written in England.

I don't think it's important either way, just found it interesting.

True,

I feel the British are the best at writing cynicaly and with dark humor.

I would think Especially about plutocrats who are American with British ties.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's easy to re-watch this show in the background, so I've been watching some of the older episodes again. I just realized something I didn't pick up on the first time I watched the "fundraiser" episode:
Everything that happened in the 2nd half of the season was based on Connor's stupidity.

Kendall decided at the last minute to add a joke about his father's retirement to his fundraiser speech. The guy running the teleprompter added space for the joke as "SUPRISE LOGAN RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT"

Connor, even though he was trying to pass himself off as a neutral "UN White Helmet" guy, was already starting to think of himself as having the US Presidential potential. He was walking saying things like "watch out Middle East, I can fix anything!" just because he was moving salad forks around and firing guys in the kitchen for making the butter too cold and coming up with a plan to turn his mother's charity into a "Tea Party" movement to take over the US. So he saw the "joke" placeholder on the teleprompter as his chance to tip off his father and gain political support.

Up until that point, Logan was barely even able to get himself to make it to the party. He had no intention to come back to work that early until Connor told him Kendall was about to try to force him out. But Kendall never even got a chance to get up an tell his joke, because his father immediately got up on stage to tell everyone he's back full time.

The funny think is, Logan still thinks of Connor as a joke of a son who tried to bring him "old bread" goo as an 80th birthday present. Out of all of his kids, he has the least respect for Connor by far. Logan actually respects cousin GREG more than he respects Connor.