Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Gerri ain't new to this, she's TRUE to this....and is an attorney

She peeped from the very start of that conversation what type of time that Shiv was on

The worst part is that Gerri is Shiv's Godmother :snoop:

and frank is kendall's godfather, and logan treats that dude like complete shyt. I think he's been fired multiple times since the show started.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
and frank is kendall's godfather, and logan treats that dude like complete shyt. I think he's been fired multiple times since the show started.

He might be fired right now and just showing up out of habit

VY2wmdR.png

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I didn't think that shiv and Caroline conversation could be topped. Then they gave us that Kendall and Logan scene. That was some of the best television I've ever witnessed:wow:

"how long was that kid alive before he started sucking in water?....couple of minutes?....3,4,5?.....are you queer?.....did you try to fukk him?.....or was it just the drugs?":picard:

"You're my son. I did my best. And whenever YOU fukked up, I cleaned up your shyt. And I'm a bad person?.....fukk off, Kiddo":damn:

Only thing that woulda made it better is if he looked Kendall dead in his eyes and said "I'm gonna fukk you til you love me fakkit"

Only succession can go from those two scenes to somebody sending a dikk pic to their dad:deadmanny:......That shyt legit had me in tears. Roman sitting in the cut like
giphy.gif
the way logan looked before he said it too
like he was thinking about not saying it but then was like fukk it he needs this :banderas:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I didn't think that shiv and Caroline conversation could be topped. Then they gave us that Kendall and Logan scene. That was some of the best television I've ever witnessed:wow:

"how long was that kid alive before he started sucking in water?....couple of minutes?....3,4,5?.....are you queer?.....did you try to fukk him?.....or was it just the drugs?":picard:

"You're my son. I did my best. And whenever YOU fukked up, I cleaned up your shyt. And I'm a bad person?.....fukk off, Kiddo":damn:

Only thing that woulda made it better is if he looked Kendall dead in his eyes and said "I'm gonna fukk you til you love me fakkit"

Only succession can go from those two scenes to somebody sending a dikk pic to their dad:deadmanny:......That shyt legit had me in tears. Roman sitting in the cut like
giphy.gif

Yeah this by far best episode, Emmy award level scenes

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I was going to write down my thoughts in full on this episode but
whatever-hands.gif

The fukkery - they completely upended the power dynamics. from last episode :russ:

Roman went from Top 10 to not mentioned at all in the space of seconds and Shiv was waiting in the cut for the fukk up.

The way she did Tom was :picard:.

Greg trying to pipe his way up the social ladder :mjlol:

The way everyone was talking so openly after most of the season has been a cold war was :pachaha:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
The brilliance of this show is that these people are so rich, that money is meaningless to them. 2 billion won’t change much of anything about Kendall’s life right now. He already has fukk off money. All the kids are fighting and clawing for Logan’s love really. I don’t even think they really want to be in charge as much as they want to be the one Logan bestows as worthy.

It's right there in the opening credits. The father figure is always leaving/ walking away / in the distance with all the kids looking to see where he's gone.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Shiv has no subtlety whatsoever. It was so obvious she was making a power play. That's why Logan cut her off like "aight bytch I get it":camby:......her convo with her mom put the battery in her back. Thinking she understands the game now but she's still playing checkers. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Her reality check is gonna be devastating. Roman fukked up his momentum with that dikk pic (:mjlol:) but he was outclassing shiv in every way beforehand.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shiv has no subtlety whatsoever. It was so obvious she was making a power play. That's why Logan cut her off like "aight bytch I get it":camby:......her convo with her mom put the battery in her back. Thinking she understands the game now but she's still playing checkers. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Her reality check is gonna be devastating. Roman fukked up his momentum with that dikk pic (:mjlol:) but he was outclassing shiv in every way beforehand.

I took this from reddit i see alot people under playing just how much of a rock and a hard place Gerri has found herself.
Yeah. I think a lot of people are viewing that conversation through their lens of hating Shiv and thinking she’s dumb. And obviously, it might backfire on Shiv and Gerri might prevail! But in that conversation, Gerri was clearly aware that she was in a bad spot and trying to end it soon so she can figure out wtf she needs to do.

Keep in mind:

• The Waystar management team has JUST heard that they’re open to a merger, which would mean they would bring in some GoJo execs and that some of the management team would be phased out. A temporary CEO would be in a tough position to keep their job anyway. Meanwhile, Shiv is both a family member AND on the board now.

• Gerri is the victim, but she did cross the line consensually earlier with phone sex with Roman. That’s going to give the board wiggle room to let Roman off the hook—and they’re going to be looking for that wiggle room because Roman is a Roy and Gerri’s not. And, unfortunately, it’s fukked up but “sexual harassment victim” is not going to look good for Gerri.

• Logan made Gerri CEO because he thought she would be a good “shield” and then go quietly into the night…but now she has ammo and leverage, and he hates that.

• She’s the firm’s General Counsel so a good deal of what she knows could be considered privileged. That means she can’t just go whistleblower or even threaten it—unlike with Ken or Greg, the Roys can go after her for breach of privilege and tie her up in expensive lawsuits and threaten her law license. Even if she ultimately wins, it’s going to be at a big cost. And it’s unclear just what leverage she has on Shiv specifically.

• Shiv is taunting her a bit, but Gerri is somewhat trapped. She can report like Shiv says, which would almost certainly cut out Roman, publicly brand her a victim, etc., as well as allow Shiv to play the Defender of Women Change Agent in her role on the board. Or she stays quiet, making her appear to be defending a sexual harasser or like she was also engaged in an inappropriate sexual relationship during work with a colleague, which Shiv can STILL play “Agent of Cultural Change” with.

• Of course Gerri would fall back on noncommittal answers and legalese. She’s a lawyer, that’s an ingrained instinct. She would do that if she were panicking and needed time to think this through as well as if she had some master stroke ready to go.
Also: what sounds more like a Succession plot line?

woman who worked her way up through the ranks to gain power, prestige and wealth gets sexually harassed by the fail-son of the company patriarch in a high position solely because of his name. The fail-son’s sister wants to use this against her while pretending to be an ally. But the scrappy woman prevails against the rich entitled fail children, even with the patriarch against her, through her wits and smarts. Justice prevails! The rich fail children get what they deserve!

OR

Woman who worked her way up through the ranks to gain power, prestige and wealth gets sexually harassed by the fail-son of the company patriarch in a high position solely because of his name. The fail-son’s sister wants to use this against her while pretending to be an ally. Scrappy woman fights, but even her smarts and wits can’t overcome the machine of corrupt familial power and wealth. The wheels turn and she gets crushed even though she was the victim all along. Fail children win (in a Pyrrhic victory), justice does not prevail.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Send dikk pics to ya dad brehs :huhldup:

npezkiwiu5481.png

Logan dropping napalm on Kendall :picard:
Shiv is a piece of work sheesh :picard:

Tom is beyond beta at this point :hhh:

Greg shooting his shot :mjlol:

Broken Kendall, it was always going to end up this way :francis:

Last edited: