Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How do you guys feel about the criticism of this season? Lots of critics and people on Reddit have said this season has been a lot of wheel spinning and they feel like major plot lines have been dropped a little too quickly. I think there are articles from The Atlantic and the LA Times making these same criticisms about this season.

I’ve still enjoyed this season but I do somewhat agree with the point about certain plots being built up and then dropped on a dime. The scene where Gerri convinced Logan to let the FBI in the building was some of the best drama I’ve seen in a while… but then nothing happened afterward. There was so much buildup to that point of reckoning for Logan and there was no fallout, no tension during the raid, it kind of just went away. It also feels like they sacrificed screen time for some of the best actors on the show (where’s my guy Stewie?) in favor of bringing in bigger names like Brody and Skarsgard.

I try to avoid reading too much analysis about shows for this exact reason but this season wasn’t what I expected in certain areas.

Edit: and to be clear I still really like the show and it’s the only thing I watch immediately once a new episode drops. I think a lot of the complaints are from people who binged the first two seasons and never let things breathe.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Man, the only other episode that might have been as funny as this one is the "Boar on The Floor" joint . The last 10 minutes had me:laff::laff:.

Feel bad for Gerri but she wasn't born yesterday. Wheels already turning in her head how to spin this in her favor or at least mitigate some damage.

Not gon' lie. If Kendall go out blowing snot bubbles in the pool, I aint even gon' be mad :popcorn:. His dad done sonned him to oblivion at this point. And he can FOH with that "Ima good person" shyt lol.

Shiv is embarrassing. Feel like she prob think she's a good person too or at least the "best of em" and yet she stay trying to manipulate people and/or situations to da max. :ban:

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
How do you guys feel about the criticism of this season? Lots of critics and people on Reddit have said this season has been a lot of wheel spinning and they feel like major plot lines have been dropped a little too quickly. I think there are articles from The Atlantic and the LA Times making these same criticisms about this season.

I’ve still enjoyed this season but I do somewhat agree with the point about certain plots being built up and then dropped on a dime. The scene where Gerri convinced Logan to let the FBI in the building was some of the best drama I’ve seen in a while… but then nothing happened afterward. There was so much buildup to that point of reckoning for Logan and there was no fallout, no tension during the raid, it kind of just went away. It also feels like they sacrificed screen time for some of the best actors on the show (where’s my guy Stewie?) in favor of bringing in bigger names like Brody and Skarsgard.

I try to avoid reading too much analysis about shows for this exact reason but this season wasn’t what I expected in certain areas.

Edit: and to be clear I still really like the show and it’s the only thing I watch immediately once a new episode drops. I think a lot of the complaints are from people who binged the first two seasons and never let things breathe.

Wow I follow the reddit sub heavily, and the episode discussions they seem to be praising it highly

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
It also feels like they sacrificed screen time for some of the best actors on the show (where’s my guy Stewie?) in favor of bringing in bigger names like Brody and Skarsgard.
That's like saying Rhea was taking screen time last season.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Gus Money yeah I see that as well people are said the show is really good as a individual set of acting scene but as a on going story it feel like it not going nowhere .In so ways there right but this is a show about the rich/powerful and just like in real life so long has they got the power and wealth they can get away with damn near anything.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wow I follow the reddit sub heavily, and the episode discussions they seem to be praising it highly
Most people there still love the show but I’ve noticed more and more complaints about it recently. They had an “unpopular opinion” thread about the show the other day and that was one of the most common criticisms I saw.
That's like saying Rhea was taking screen time last season.
But Rhea was around for over half of season two and she was a major character. Meanwhile Brody had one bottle episode and never showed up again, and Skarsgard will end up in three total episodes (assuming he’s in the finale). I just wish we spent more time with the supporting characters that we already had this season like Stewie, Marcia, Jess, etc. but I understand that’s not an issue to a lot of people.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree with the criticism. This season falls short of the quality of season 2.They built up the proxy battle and DOJ investigation for them to both go nowhere.The plot has not been there at all. The dialogue has still been sharp though.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I agree, although the one thing Succession does well is call backs.

A very small easter egg which my wife who barely watches the show pointed out was Kendall being disappointed about his girl buying him a watch. She mentioned that Tom bought Roman Logan a watch in the pilot episode and he had the same reaction. Its something small but this show does come back with stuff like that.

Last edited:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ti838ui0e6481.png
:deadmanny::deadrose:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I agree, although the one thing Succession does well is call backs.

A very small easter egg which my wife who barely watches the show pointed out was Kendall being disappointed about his girl buying him a watch. She mentioned that Tom bought Roman a watch in the pilot episode and he had the same reaction. Its something small but this show does come back with stuff like that.
:ohhh:I forgot about that