Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But I get his point with the gift, he is a billionaire and you buy him a watch, no engraving or anything.
:gucci:

Could understand why he wanted to find his kids gift, as that actually meant something to him, spesh after realising almost everyone at his party were not his friends and/or actually liked him. Damn even his siblings were only there for other reasons.

Reality hit home for him, but like I said in my last post he is POS so can't feel bad for him lol but I understand where he coming from.
ehh, his lashing out was more about him spiraling from being shyt on than actually upset with the present. she's from a billionaire family and a multi-millionaire herself....rich people buy expensive watches amongst other BS.

Edit: I actually feel like they haven't given this relationship enough development/screen time this season. Watching them in season 2 was interesting as she helped him get some of his confidence back, but now he's in a spiral of eternal L's and they haven't given her much of a role in his current arc.

kendall aint built for this life and needs to go be a free spirit like connor, shiv is built for it but let's her morals and need for acknowledgment get in the way, roman aint built for it cuz he only understands operating on full a$$hole/in it for me mode and you won't get far in business not building reciprocal relationships - he's the epitome of the people you step on on your way up are the ones you cross on your fall down. roman has to have a massive L coming (probably at the hands of gerri)

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
ehh, his lashing out was more about him spiraling from being shyt on than actually upset with the present. she's from a billionaire family and a multi-millionaire herself....rich people buy expensive watches amongst other BS.

Edit: I actually feel like they haven't given this relationship enough development/screen time this season. Watching them in season 2 was interesting as she helped him get some of his confidence back, but now he's in a spiral of eternal L's and they haven't given her much of a role in his current arc.

kendall aint built for this life and needs to go be a free spirit like connor, shiv is built for it but let's her morals and need for acknowledgment get in the way, roman aint built for it cuz he only understands operating on full a$$hole/in it for me mode and you won't get far in business not building reciprocal relationships - he's the epitome of the people you step on on your way up are the ones you cross on your fall down. roman has to have a massive L coming (probably at the hands of gerri)
yeah, she's watered down for sure. almost a different character really

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Z

Think its more the realisation none of them care, hence the questioning about engraving, saying "I have a watch"

His girl couldn't even be bothered to get a gift with sentiment, just a generic watch.

The theme of this ep was him wanting something genuine, hence why he was so hell bent on finding the gift from his kids - prob the only ones that like him

But he has bought all of this on himself
:yeshrug:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Z

Think its more the realisation none of them care, hence the questioning about engraving, saying "I have a watch"

His girl couldn't even be bothered to get a gift with sentiment, just a generic watch.

The theme of this ep was him wanting something genuine, hence why he was so hell bent on finding the gift from his kids - prob the only ones that like him

But he has bought all of this on himself
:yeshrug:
This.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
So...with the proposal to buy out (and fukk OFF!) Kendall, with Roman....did Logan just choose Roman officially? He was killing Ken and marginalizing Shiv and using shiv to help do it which is pretty clever.

Was Roman just chosen and its up to him to get Kendall to sign?

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
It wasn't part of this episode's main event but the scene where they're celebrating the DOJ news convinced me that Shiv is the only sibling that has any semblance of morality or real decency or sense of fairness.

Kendall only pretends to to gain approval, Roman doesn't even bother to pretend, Connor is clueless and only good at intellectual posturing(tax reform!). But Shiv's reaction/double take when they're toasting "for justice" is revealing. Even though she was there to ass kiss, hearing the whole thing described as justice is a little too much for her and she instantly recoils.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

i disagree. This episode spoke ALOT about the relationship. If their was a lesser relationship there, she would have cussed him out and left. But she stayed and consoled him through the night. When he told his dad “she’s good for me” last season, we’re seeing what that meant. She understands him in a way Raya never could, being the fukked up child of an insanely wealthy parent.

I think the watch part was honest. She sucks at giving gifts but didn’t realize what he needed in that moment, until she got in that moment. Which was anything real or thoughtful, which she gave to him physically when they left the party.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
It wasn't part of this episode's main event but the scene where they're celebrating the DOJ news convinced me that Shiv is the only sibling that has any semblance of morality or real decency or sense of fairness.

Kendall only pretends to to gain approval, Roman doesn't even bother to pretend, Connor is clueless and only good at intellectual posturing(tax reform!). But Shiv's reaction/double take when they're toasting "for justice" is revealing. Even though she was there to ass kiss, hearing the whole thing described as justice is a little too much for her and she instantly recoils.
She has a medicom of morality but is probably the most egotistical and self-serving person out of all of them. She has a supreme superiority complex that she believes she is outsmarting everyone including her dad when she fumbles at the goal line, a lot. She compromises all her morals for self gain; she was willing to send her dad to prison for self gain...she was willing to take a photo with a nazi to stay in the family...she wanted them to support a democrat until they laughed at her and compromised to basically Marco Rubio, in exchange for...sending her dad to prison.

She was going to go along with kendall until she realized she wouldn't gain
she was all fine with, and is actually disappointed her husband isn't going to prison

she's every bit of immoral and scumbaggy as the rest, just with a sheen of moral standards she doesn't even abide by

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i disagree. This episode spoke ALOT about the relationship. If their was a lesser relationship there, she would have cussed him out and left. But she stayed and consoled him through the night. When he told his dad “she’s good for me” last season, we’re seeing what that meant. She understands him in a way Raya never could, being the fukked up child of an insanely wealthy parent.
this is the first episode their relationship has been given any screen time...i think we all understand that about these two, the issue is for a relationship that solid - she's the only one who truly has his back - her role has been minimized with lack of screentime/major plot points.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So...with the proposal to buy out (and fukk OFF!) Kendall, with Roman....did Logan just choose Roman officially? He was killing Ken and marginalizing Shiv and using shiv to help do it which is pretty clever.

Was Roman just chosen and its up to him to get Kendall to sign?

I don’t think so. I think he’s using Roman just like he used Shiv. He’s not loyal to anyone, just who can help him in the situation he’s in at the moment. Of Shiv would have come up with the idea he’d have let her deliver the card.