Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It’s upsetting how bad Shiv is at reading the room for such a “smart” person. The fact that it took her this long to realize she’s not taken serious by her father is ridiculous. I’m curious if she’s going to take Tom and join Kendall’s dying ship.
Roman being the true heir is really earned and a testament to the great writing of this show. Nazi aside, dude is the best pick of the 4, he really does have the best instincts of the bunch, while Shiv is still letting her ideology cloud her judgment.

:deadrose:

tom with the straight up ether in the parking lot. :picard:

and y'all love to shyt on shiv and ken but roman? that same character kieran culkin is in every movie - that angsty, sarcastic, little prick? his time is coming too. that nazi pick is gonna blow up in his face. like the rocket launch. :hubie:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may have missed it or forgot, but what the hell happened to Sandy? Is the actor really like that now so the show had to pivot?

It's really hard for me to root for Ken these days. Dude makes horrible decisions and just want to surround himself with yes men. Tom ethered the fukk out of him and all he could do was pull his phone out to take a picture out of desperation. I do think Tom is gonna side with Ken later on down the road as a last attempt of self preservation.
To be fair you right about Kendall. But he had no choice but to wing it. His dad sacrificed him to take the criminal charge and take the PR but and ruin his life and career because Logan didn’t want to step down. It was also Logan close homies that we’re doing it too. The picture stunt was dirty but he fighting for his life lol.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair you right about Kendall. But he had no choice but to wing it. His dad sacrificed him to take the criminal charge and take the PR but and ruin his life and career because Logan didn’t want to step down. It was also Logan close homies that we’re doing it too. The picture stunt was dirty but he fighting for his life lol.
He really doesn't need to wing it though. He has a good PR and legal team, but he insists on doing dumb attention seeking shyt.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He really doesn't need to wing it though. He has a good PR and legal team, but he insists on doing dumb attention seeking shyt.
Yeah it doesn’t help. But when I say winging it
I was referring to the plan to take down his dad. It was a desperate move he oversold. But he had nothing with the papers. To take down someone as powerful as Logan he needs a bright red smoking gun.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all can ignore everything I said in my last post. Kendall is a dumbass :mjlol:

Dude really fired who is considered to be the best lawyer in the city, cuz she told him the reality of what it was :deadmanny:

Gerri was right when she said Roman is the most like Logan, out of all his children.
He's also the most self critical. When he landed the Saudi money deal and the other advisor was dikkriding Roman pitch he still shytted on the deal because he was looking out for the family before himself. Shiv would have wanted a toast lol. He is by far the most loyal kid. Him stepping up to take the presidents call given how the relationship was showed he had courage as well. He even told Shiv dont make a deal with Sandi because dads gonna come back out eventually. Shiv used it as a opportunity to push her own self interest lol

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I haven't seen anyone comment on it, but Shiv had a "wink wink" deal with that other candidate that he would work to put Logan IN JAIL and leave her in charge.
She wasn't acting according to her "ideology", she was acting in her OWN self interest and trying to hide it behind ideology in order to make it less obvious ("If we can't back blue like I want, then back THIS guy instead of the Nazi")

At the end, when Logan saw her at the bar with the other candidate, that's when he figured out that she was trying to team up to stab him in the back. That's why he was screaming at her to get in the "family photo".

Basically, Shiv this season is showing a pattern of making side deals (with Sandy's daughter and now with that presidential candidate) that benefit her personally, not her "ideology" and not the company/Logan

Roman doesn't have that "Killer Dog" instinct, though. Logan sees Roman as weak because he sees him giving up power to Gerri, which a killer dog wouldn't do. Of all the siblings, Kendall actually has the most killer instinct. The problem is, HE is turning out to be a complete buffoon.
None of the kids have the combination of Killer instinct and business skills. Connor has the least intelligence. Shiv has the least loyalty. Kendall has the worst business ideas that will ruin the company. Roman is the weakest 'dog'.

Good point on Shiv. But I read that scene like she would have backed dude regardless. I didn’t think she took what he said seriously but appreciated his faith in her. I don’t think she wants her dad out of the picture, and at that point she still foolishly believed she was next in line. But Logan seeing that she always puts her own self interest first is an angle I’m not giving enough thought into.

Disagree on the other siblings. Kendall has good business instincts actually. He just can’t execute for shyt. Buying that tech company in the first season was smart. So is his vision for the future of the company and so is this move to bury Logan. He’s just fukking it all up in the process of actually doing it.

And we know Roman has a good bullshyt detector. He’s great at reading people in negotiations ie that whole middle eastern fiasco they were in last season. Also, he did pick the best candidate for the future of the company. Like i said, he’s not all the way there yet but he’s the closest one of the three.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:deadrose:

tom with the straight up ether in the parking lot. :picard:

and y'all love to shyt on shiv and ken but roman? that same character kieran culkin is in every movie - that angsty, sarcastic, little prick? his time is coming too. that nazi pick is gonna blow up in his face. like the rocket launch. :hubie:
Did trump blow up in any media organizations face? They’re gonna get the best ratings they’ve ever gotten because EVERYONE is going to tune in to see what fukked up shyt he says it does next.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good point on Shiv. But I read that scene like she would have backed dude regardless. I didn’t think she took what he said seriously but appreciated his faith in her. I don’t think she wants her dad out of the picture, and at that point she still foolishly believed she was next in line. But Logan seeing that she always puts her own self interest first is an angle I’m not giving enough thought into.

Disagree on the other siblings. Kendall has good business instincts actually. He just can’t execute for shyt. Buying that tech company in the first season was smart. So is his vision for the future of the company and so is this move to bury Logan. He’s just fukking it all up in the process of actually doing it.

And we know Roman has a good bullshyt detector. He’s great at reading people in negotiations ie that whole middle eastern fiasco they were in last season. Also, he did pick the best candidate for the future of the company. Like i said, he’s not all the way there yet but he’s the closest one of the three.
Yeah he knew she doesn’t want her dad in prison. It was just double talk for I will be your puppet. Logan will be nothing to me. She follows up with or he resigns in a month. Then he says yeah clean break.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kendall seeing how his government meeting was a flop and his lawyer cutting and run when she sees there no case . Woke him up. I think he realized he’s going against a GOD and he needs to get his hands dirty to stand a chance . Firing the lawyer was a smart move too she basically said fukk you when the case fell apart. If you that rich your lawyers are supposed to damn near break laws to make you happy. She literally called dude a idiot.
Nah, Kendall is a dumbass who spends a bunch of money on people that are the best in the industry, just to tell them what to do.

Beginning of the episode they're practicing for the deposition, Lisa is trying to get him to take it seriously while Ken is on some :troll: shyt. Then he says "they're government attorneys, how smart can they be?:russ:"

You don't get to be a fed attorney handling cases against the heads of conglomerates without being a fukking monster.

Man got his ass lit up by those government attorneys in part because he didn't take it seriously, didn't prep, and Lisa told him that he needed to fukking listen to her.

He did the same thing with the PR team. They came in ready to give their pitch and he kept cutting them off telling them what he wanted them to do. They didn't get a chance to say shyt and he gave them the job.

In more ways than one:picard:

Last edited: