Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Excellent start to the season:wow:

Guess I’m the only one that finds it odd how easily Greg backed Ken. He just turned down a quarter billi from his grandfather on the promise that Logan would look out for him and then he immediately jumps ship to back a drug addict that he personally witnessed fail miserably at a coup attempt. :francis:

I guess it would make sense if Kendall appeared to be poised for certain victory, which he should be…if he re-teamed with Stewie and Sandy. Seemed like they’d be the first people he contacted after the press conference. Why didn’t he?

Shiv joining Kendall seems too telegraphed, so I’m thinking that doesn’t happen. Or if it does, she somehow swindles him.

Logan is definitely the backbone of the show. I rewatched the first two seasons, and the worst episodes by far are those when Logan was barely in it as he was recovering from the stroke. As much as I like the other characters, Logan pulling their strings makes it all work. Thank God this is on HBO and not a network like Showtime so I can trust they won’t try to extend the series beyond him.

Greg has been backing Kendall ever since Logan told him to make sure Kendall doesn't OD, and Greg became his drug courier.

Way back in the 2nd episode his mother told him to latch on to the "strongest" sibling.

"Roman's out"

:russ:
Logan would never back anyone who showed as much hesitation as Roman in that phone call. I think he was leaning towards Roman up until he said "if not me, then pick Gerri".

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Greg has been backing Kendall ever since Logan told him to make sure Kendall doesn't OD, and Greg became his drug courier.

Way back in the 2nd episode his mother told him to latch on to the "strongest" sibling.

Logan would never back anyone who showed as much hesitation as Roman in that phone call. I think he was leaning towards Roman up until he said "if not me, then pick Gerri".

Yeah. I was listening to a podcast that thought that Roman got overlooked because he wanted it and showed hesitation or that he was too eager, but I think Roman's real reason for making the call was to purposefully show hesitation because he didn't want it. I don't think he wanted it or Shiv wanted it either. Not now and not in the situation the company is currently in.

The moment Roman mentioned Gerri and the idea of working under her for a year or two and learning from her, I knew that was his play. He knew by saying that Logan would x him.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Roman is an everlasting coward from season 1 when he wouldn't even put up his hand at the board vote his been:rudy: status for me.

Logan knows he doesn't have it in him to be ruthless. I can see a situation that even with Kendall betraying him Logan is quietly loving that one of his kids has some fight in them.

But knowing Kendall, his going to fukk himself over again at some point :francis:

Daps

The latch on comment is irrelevant, cuz a) it was about which sibling to back, it wasn’t about backing a sibling over Logan and b) Greg didn’t get close to Kendall because he views Kendall as the “strongest”… he was the weakest when they got close. Greg got close to Kendall cuz he was supplying Kendall with drugs and Kendall returned the favor by giving him a dope apartment.

But all this was BEFORE he turned down a quarter billion. When making that decision he didn’t seek out Kendall to ensure that he’d have a future at Waystar Royco, he sought that from Logan. I just find it odd that he so easily flipped on Logan, given that was his “assurance” that he’d still be taking care of. Seems more plausible that Greg just made a spur of the moment decision sitting next to Kendall after watching him immediately kick Karolina out of the car for showing any hesitation. Certainly fits his character as, generally, a push over.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah. I was listening to a podcast that thought that Roman got overlooked because he wanted it and showed hesitation or that he was too eager, but I think Roman's real reason for making the call was to purposefully show hesitation because he didn't want it. I don't think he wanted it or Shiv wanted it either. Not now and not in the situation the company is currently in.

The moment Roman mentioned Gerri and the idea of working under her for a year or two and learning from her, I knew that was his play. He knew by saying that Logan would x him.
That's a good point. He knows how his father thinks so he could have been sabotaging himself. But he has to pretend he wants it a little or else it's too obvious. Makes sense.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems more plausible that Greg just made a spur of the moment decision sitting next to Kendall after watching him immediately kick Karolina out of the car for showing any hesitation. Certainly fits his character as, generally, a push over.
That's what I think.

Dude had the :dwillhuh::patrice::ld:when asked if he was in.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The latch on comment is irrelevant, cuz a) it was about which sibling to back, it wasn’t about backing a sibling over Logan and b) Greg didn’t get close to Kendall because he views Kendall as the “strongest”… he was the weakest when they got close. Greg got close to Kendall cuz he was supplying Kendall with drugs and Kendall returned the favor by giving him a dope apartment.

But all this was BEFORE he turned down a quarter billion. When making that decision he didn’t seek out Kendall to ensure that he’d have a future at Waystar Royco, he sought that from Logan. I just find it odd that he so easily flipped on Logan, given that was his “assurance” that he’d still be taking care of. Seems more plausible that Greg just made a spur of the moment decision sitting next to Kendall after watching him immediately kick Karolina out of the car for showing any hesitation. Certainly fits his character as, generally, a push over.

Good points, I didn't consider that he already went against his grandfather (and lost his inheritance for it), and in the past his grandfather was not willing to side with Kendall over Roman.
But maybe this time Greg figures that Logan looks SO bad that his grandfather HAS to side with Kendall, which would help make his case to get his inheritance back.

He can't have made in the decision right there in the car, though. Since at this point he has already given the "death pit" folder to Kendall. So he had to decide at some point before the press conference.

Daps
Good points, I didn't consider that he already went against his grandfather (and lost his inheritance for it), and in the past his grandfather was not willing to side with Kendall over Roman.
But maybe this time Greg figures that Logan looks SO bad that his grandfather HAS to side with Kendall, which would help make his case to get his inheritance back.

He can't have made in the decision right there in the car, though. Since at this point he has already given the "death pit" folder to Kendall. So he had to decide at some point before the press conference.

Good point, I hadn’t realized that