Official Succession Thread šŸŸ  Season 4 Currently Airing

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good first episode. Kendall crashing and burning on drugs would be too predictable, however I do think his addiction to the fame and attention (a different kind of drug) will do him in at some point. He has an addictive personality which he canā€™t turn off.

He also holds grudges; he couldā€™ve found anywhere in the world to stage his operation but chose his ex-wifeā€™s house so he can pull his ā€œlook at me nowā€ routine. Rava basically told everyone whatā€™s going to happen eventually. Heā€™ll never change

Roman and Shiv still havenā€™t realized their father values loyalty to the family above almost everything. The fact they canā€™t help but throw each other under the bus is why he wonā€™t choose them to become CEO. He also knows Shiv is an opportunist at the end of the day. If she doesnā€™t get what she wants, she will maneuver until she does.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Convince me to watch this brehs. I think I watched the first couple of episode and was like :ld:

It looks like some rich white nonsense.
Yeah it is but it is consistently funny and the entire show is making fun of "rich white nonsense".
There is an ep maybe 5 or 6 in season 1 where there is a board meeting to decide who is the CEO at the end. Watch until then, if you don't think the show is funny/good after that stop. It just isn't your type of thing then.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Good first episode. Kendall crashing and burning on drugs would be too predictable, however I do think his addiction to the fame and attention (a different kind of drug) will do him in at some point. He has an addictive personality which he canā€™t turn off.

He also holds grudges; he couldā€™ve found anywhere in the world to stage his operation but chose his ex-wifeā€™s house so he can pull his ā€œlook at me nowā€ routine. Rava basically told everyone whatā€™s going to happen eventually. Heā€™ll never change

Roman and Shiv still havenā€™t realized their father values loyalty to the family above almost everything. The fact they canā€™t help but throw each other under the bus is why he wonā€™t choose them to become CEO. He also knows Shiv is an opportunist at the end of the day. If she doesnā€™t get what she wants, she will maneuver until she does.

Kendall has more than enough money to rent an office to set up operations. He's just a dikk.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendall has more than enough money to rent an office to set up operations. He's just a dikk.
Man showed up to his ex's house with a staff, told his new chick to come through, was going through her bathroom drawers, got people opening up sentimental bottles of wine and hitting her with the "I'm doing this for us:blessed:"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is cool because the show definitely deserves it but personally bittersweet. I don't know why but it bothers me when I like something before it was particularly 'cool' or 'in' and then it blows up. Like I want it to blow up but once it does I lose some interest.

Better discussions when something is still bubbling under. When you get all of twitter talking about something and SNL skits it dilutes the product. Like whats happening with Squid Game right now.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We'll see. Maybe the reveal of just how much or if the documents are even relevant enough is a part of the season.

When you say "come out on top" what do you mean?

I don't think this is the kinda show where Greg's gonna end up CEO and it turns out he was smarter than we all thought, but I do agree that he's gonna weasel his way into making sure him and his mother are OK.

He already got a fly ass NY apartment from Kendall last season just by scoring him coke.
I feel like the entire purpose of this show is that these people in these advanced positions in such a powerful corporation arenā€™t even that bright or talented. Aside from Logan and Gerri, every last character is a fukking dumb ass.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
edit- forgot to say its funny to see two people you sort of know from a while back (Kendalls piece and the blonde that Greg had the awkward convo with) end up such a popular show and one you love,

This is cool because the show definitely deserves it but personally bittersweet. I don't know why but it bothers me when I like something before it was particularly 'cool' or 'in' and then it blows up. Like I want it to blow up but once it does I lose some interest.

you can't gatekeep a big prestige HBO show with money behind it.. c'mon now.

the show was popular and but really blew up with season two and if they didn't watch it then most likely they watched it during lockdown/quarantine.. of course it was going to do crazy numbers.

its always had that cool tag to it. twitter has been making memes about it and fancams's of Kendall over fukkin Flo Millie since season one.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Heā€™s on drugs again or high of the rush. He was on some Rick flair shyt this episode. He was trying to flex on his wife setting shop at her crib. His new bytch is shady af and did that wine stunt on purpose. Kendall is going to get wrecked this season.

I don't think she did it on purpose. I think they're just pointing out that even though they're all rich by normal standards, there are whole different levels of "rich".
Kendall's ex wife is someone who married into a rich family then got divorced. But Naomi is the child of a family of multigenerational billionaires. She's always been rich, so she has no sense how much money things cost or what seems valuable to someone who is just merely "upper middle class".

Something that seems like a super expensive bottle of wine that Kendall's ex wife would pass down from generation to generation, is just an everyday thirst quencher to Naomi .

I really don't think she meant anything by it, she was just like "Greg, open this for me, I'm a little thirsty". :obama: