Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I don't think she did it on purpose. I think they're just pointing out that even though they're all rich by normal standards, there are whole different levels of "rich".
Kendall's ex wife is someone who married into a rich family then got divorced. But Naomi is the child of a family of multigenerational billionaires. She's always been rich, so she has no sense how much money things cost or what seems valuable to someone who is just merely "upper middle class".

Something that seems like a super expensive bottle of wine that Kendall's ex wife would pass down from generation to generation, is just an everyday thirst quencher to Naomi .

I really don't think she meant anything by it, she was just like "Greg, open this for me, I'm a little thirsty". :obama:
RAVA A Jew and while her family might not have been conglomerates, they got plenty of Jewish money, she at least is well born, like a Kate Middleton

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Man showed up to his ex's house with a staff, told his new chick to come through, was going through her bathroom drawers, got people opening up sentimental bottles of wine and hitting her with the "I'm doing this for us:blessed:"

man I was :dead: at the entire fukkery of that.

by the way, rava was lookin good tho :takedat:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Interesting thing I just found on Google about the wine:
The Wine That Greg Opened On The Succession S3 Premiere

Apparently, in real life that wine bottle is worth $2,200

Edit:
I misread the article. The 2016 version is $2200.
The one from the show is the 1996 version, which is so rare it's "priceless".

:ohhh:

they just reiterating once again, that these nikkas will set 100 dollar bills on fire to keep warm, and it wouldn't hurt them one bit.

and to keep it funky, kendall could easily replace it.

I wonder how much he's paying for alimony and child support tho :picard:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RAVA A Jew and while her family might not have been conglomerates, they got plenty of Jewish money, she at least is well born, like a Kate Middleton
Is her family's finances ever mentioned or implied?

Even if her family had money, it's nowhere near Roy money.

They opened up a priceless bottle of wine at someone else's place the same way I'd open up a bottle of Jack at a friend's place.

Last edited:
Daps
Excellent start to the season:wow:

Guess I’m the only one that finds it odd how easily Greg backed Ken. He just turned down a quarter billi from his grandfather on the promise that Logan would look out for him and then he immediately jumps ship to back a drug addict that he personally witnessed fail miserably at a coup attempt. :francis:

I guess it would make sense if Kendall appeared to be poised for certain victory, which he should be…if he re-teamed with Stewie and Sandy. Seemed like they’d be the first people he contacted after the press conference. Why didn’t he?

Shiv joining Kendall seems too telegraphed, so I’m thinking that doesn’t happen. Or if it does, she somehow swindles him.

Logan is definitely the backbone of the show. I rewatched the first two seasons, and the worst episodes by far are those when Logan was barely in it as he was recovering from the stroke. As much as I like the other characters, Logan pulling their strings makes it all work. Thank God this is on HBO and not a network like Showtime so I can trust they won’t try to extend the series beyond him.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know, I think Naomi’s reaction to Rava being upset shows that she told greg to open the wine on purpose because she knew Rava was saving it. Naomi didn’t even apologize when greg threw her under the bus while explaining what happened, and in fact she looked pleased with herself.

Naomi is from a billionaire family that quotes Shakespeare at dinner so I assume she would know the difference between an everyday wine and one covered in dust that’s being saved for a special occasion (plus she never gave off the ditzy rich girl vibe; she knows what she’s doing). If it really was a mistake then she would have apologized or at least seemed sorry, but she didn’t miss a beat while Rava was raging. She was marking her territory.

I liked Naomi’s character last season so I trust this show not to turn her into some one dimensional bad influence for my boy Ken. But I know they’re gonna crash in spectacular fashion.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't think she did it on purpose. I think they're just pointing out that even though they're all rich by normal standards, there are whole different levels of "rich".
Kendall's ex wife is someone who married into a rich family then got divorced. But Naomi is the child of a family of multigenerational billionaires. She's always been rich, so she has no sense how much money things cost or what seems valuable to someone who is just merely "upper middle class".

Something that seems like a super expensive bottle of wine that Kendall's ex wife would pass down from generation to generation, is just an everyday thirst quencher to Naomi .
Absolutely true. They mentioned on the Ringer recap, rich people don't really have intimate things they value. They can simply buy another one of it. Naomi saw Greg pouring out wine and got the, in regular folk terms, "the good china" to drink it out of, on a random day of the week because she's used to that.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Excellent start to the season:wow:

Guess I’m the only one that finds it odd how easily Greg backed Ken. He just turned down a quarter billi from his grandfather on the promise that Logan would look out for him and then he immediately jumps ship to back a drug addict that he personally witnessed fail miserably at a coup attempt. :francis:

I guess it would make sense if Kendall appeared to be poised for certain victory, which he should be…if he re-teamed with Stewie and Sandy. Seemed like they’d be the first people he contacted after the press conference. Why didn’t he?

Shiv joining Kendall seems too telegraphed, so I’m thinking that doesn’t happen. Or if it does, she somehow swindles him.

Logan is definitely the backbone of the show. I rewatched the first two seasons, and the worst episodes by far are those when Logan was barely in it as he was recovering from the stroke. As much as I like the other characters, Logan pulling their strings makes it all work. Thank God this is on HBO and not a network like Showtime so I can trust they won’t try to extend the series beyond him.
Nicca Logan was supposed to die on the pilot

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That boy wilding and my money is not on him. Even if he does appear to have the advantage.

He is not thinking straight. He on that saliva and adrenaline right now and it's hittin' like the coke used to :lolbron:

An "ex" fiend bringing his "ex" fiend GF to his ex-wife's house while in the middle of a strategic shyt-storm dapping up Greg like they came up with the cure for COVID

:mjlol:

If this side wins, it's only gonna be because Shiv maybe joins the team and keeps them outta their own way.
Shiv isn't an addict like Kendall, or spineless like Roman, but make no mistake - she is her brothers' sister. She's not as smart as she thinks she is and she will fold in her own way just like they do. That's why Logan lumps her with them as far as not being worthy of the throne.

She probably will link up with Kendall but she'll 100% try to play both sides or try to go around Kendall and fall flat on her face. It's inevitable.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This is cool because the show definitely deserves it but personally bittersweet. I don't know why but it bothers me when I like something before it was particularly 'cool' or 'in' and then it blows up. Like I want it to blow up but once it does I lose some interest.
partly because you see brehs ridin with it now when they was spittin on it before