Official Stranger Things Season 3 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It hasn't been confirmed but it's very likely they're doing a season 4, season 5 is a question mark. Tbh I wouldn't have even been mad if they had made this the last season.

I don't think the Lost Sister episode was a fail simply because it was outside of Hawkins, I think it was a fail because that character wasn't interesting and El couldn't carry an episode by herself. Technically when Hopper & Joyce took the Russian scientist to meet Murray that took place outside of Hawkins. The problem with that Lost Sister was episode was that it just didn't fit with everything else they were doing. Especially not on a show that only has like 8 episodes per season, you don't have really the luxury of filler.

If he had to die in that scene then I would have preferred if he sacrificed himself to kill fake Schwarzenegger. But I've come to learn in shows that if they don't show a major character actually dying on screen then it means they're leaving the door open for a return and I think with the post-credit scene of the Russians talking about an American in custody it's doing that. It wouldn't be for the first time either because they basically did the same thing with Eleven in season 1.

I do agree though that after the events they showed after his death that I would prefer if they kept him dead, because if not then it makes it seem almost pointless.
Had they not included that mid credits scene, this would've been a great series finale. Kinda obvious "the American" is Hopper, sigh.....

This show I feel like would really benefit from an anthology format. New location, new story, new cast members.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Had they not included that mid credits scene, this would've been a great series finale. Kinda obvious "the American" is Hopper, sigh.....

This show I feel like would really benefit from an anthology format. New location, new story, new cast members.
:jbhmm:
I'd have taken this as a series finale. I think it would've been a melancholy note to end on considering that the show ultimately is a pretty light hearted and fun affair, but I also like sad endings so I'd have been okay with it I think. Honestly I think the finale to season 2 would have been a great series finale as a short 2 season show. Happy ending with a fun cliffhanger full n 80's horror style, and since some of those cliffhangers never got follow-ups I think it would've been dope. But I understood that there would be more than 2 seasons.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Took 3 eps for me to get back into it post Dark. Felt a bit hammy at first. Hopper was way more over the top than I remember and him and joyce storylines did not really work for me til maybe the last ep. They became comic relief for some reason. I thought winona was awful.

Netflix really flexed their budget with the production designs and VFX. I thought the mind flayer looked great. Better than most movies I've seen this year.

I still love the show. Probably an 8/10. I still like first 2 seasons more but The characters are still great and I'm all in on s4.

Last edited:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Keep the door 3 inches open
full

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta keep in mind
dude's been to hell and back and was basically robbed of his childhood. He's just trying to fill a void from a phase of his life the rest of his crew already lived through :mjcry:
I get that aspect, but still:francis: