Official Stranger Things Season 3 Thread

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Solid season

Hoping the monster was going to try and get lit in the fairgrounds...:unimpressed:

Erica stole the show...:damn:

The real actress, Priah Feguson, is gone have a great career. I guarantee she is going to get a Black Girls Rock nomination.

Who the fukk is this Russian Terminator? :mjskiplol:

This show is all about 80s nostalgia :wow:

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The way they juggled 4 different arcs (Mike/Lucas/Will/Max/El, Nancy/Johnathan, Hopp/Joyce/Alexei/Murray, Dustin/Steve/Robin/Erica) and had them all remain entertaining & intertwine seamlessly is impressive.

That's 15 characters you felt invested in and they still managed to keep you interested in Billy, Bootleg Terminator, the Mayor, etc.

Last edited:

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Man, I couldn’t feel bad for him. His boys had girlfriends, Dustin took it like a g and went off to clique up with Steve and Robin (and Erica)...plus Dustin actually had a gf too :pachaha: don’t know why Will didn’t bounce and go hang with Dustin since he apparently “cared” that D was MIA.

Only messed up thing was Mike hitting him with the line about not liking girls :sadcam:

Right?

At least he didn't have to be missing or be a host all season, but he still got the least amount of stuff to do out of all the main kids.

That shyt was cold blooded G. me and my girl both yelled "GOD DAMN" out loud at that part. The timing of that line was vicious. That's a bar you can't take back either. It doesn't help that Will looks kind of feminine already and then they stay throwing him in wizard outfits and clothes that look like girl clothes.
:lolbron:

I could be remembering wrong but Season 1 with Will’s memorial, the boys said how Will’s crush mourning hard for him would have made him so happy. Not sure if was the same girl who asked him to dance during S2 finale, but his face lit up. One of the few times he was so happy. Will is not gay but he does look kinda feminine. What’s messed up about the line is Will was constantly teased and maybe bullied because of it and his best friend threw it in his face. We would have to throw hands after that.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Was thinking this as I watched..I’m in nyc so malls are far away in like Westchester so I never got to experience it with my childhood friends, was always with a relative or something ....was it really lit like that for groups of kid friends?
I was a kid so I missed the true heyday of malls but I remember how older kids would lock down new arcade games and you wouldn’t get to play anything.

They’d line up quarters on the machine so you knew they were serious.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
D-rWGyoXkAEqtv6.jpg

@3Rivers
u1eBQ0L.png

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm real interested to see how they move forward with this. If I remember correctly, the original plan from the Duffer Brothers was for four seasons. I'm guessing with the post-credit scene referencing an American in Russian custody, combined with the fact that they never showed his death on-screen is leaving the door open for Hopper. But then you also have the question mark of the Byers + El moving away.

My theory for now is that the next season with them presumably in high school they'll have them all kinda gone their separate ways, and we have the cliche trope of an event bringing them back together. And then I guess they'll have the storyline of El trying to regain her powers.

I could see one of the OGs going out at the beginning to bring everybody back :mjcry: long as it ain’t Lucas idc :umad:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
First two episodes were pretty meh to be honest. Best thing was Dustin, Steve and Robin fukkery, those three - specially Dustin and Steve - are gold with each other and you can tell the writers knew that. Episodes 3 & 4 shyt picks up to :whoo: levels, left me wanting more.

Hopper's on and off swtich is :wow:

Got the rest of the day off so I'm binging this shyt with the quickness ::blessed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I could see one of the OGs going out at the beginning to bring everybody back :mjcry: long as it ain’t Lucas idc :umad:
I won't spoiler tag this because it's not a spoiler but I think Lucas is the best actor of the kids on the show. He and Max also seem to have more chemistry than Mike and El. Lucas and Max were one of my favorite parts of this season.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Ol girl who plays Robin, the girl with Steve, is the daughter of Uma Thurman/Ethan Hawke :ohhh:

She looks like both of them, but moreso her mother :ehh:
:ohhh: I can see it

The way they juggled 4 different arcs (Mike/Lucas/Will/Max/El, Nancy/Johnathan, Hopp/Joyce/Alexei/Murray, Dustin/Steve/Robin/Erica) and had them all intertwine seamlessly is impressive.

That's 15 characters you felt invested in and they still managed to keep you interested in Billy, Bootleg Terminator, the Mayor, etc.
I agree. They're juggling a lot of characters off doing their own thing and sure there are convenient things that happen to get them to come back together but they do a pretty good job of it.

Does anyone know if they're gonna do a season 5? I'm sure they'd get the green-light of they want to, but I think they should probably stop after 4 if 4 ends up being dope.

@SchoolboyC

I'm also interested to see what happens with a breath of fresh air outside of Hawkins. I like the news story talking about Hawkins being a freaky place at the end of the finale, because it's showing that the Duffers understand that all this shyt constantly happening in one town is kind of ridiculous. I know in Season 2 they wanted to explore stuff outside of Hawkins but the episode failed miserably (that Lost Sister episode that everyone hated) and I think they realized they'd need to approach it differently.

How do you feel about Hopper? The way they handled his exit kind of left a sour taste after what I thought was a really fun and awesome season. I think if they intended to kill him off that they should have made it clear he was dead. If they bring him back then (to me at least) it sort of cheapens the emotional punch of the final 10-15 mins of this season. If they don't bring him back then I'm still a little bummed at his actual death scene.

I said this earlier but it wouldn't surprise me if the Duffers don't know what they're going to do yet and want to gauge fan and critic reaction and decide whether they want to bring him back or not.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: I can see it

I agree. They're juggling a lot of characters off doing their own thing and sure there are convenient things that happen to get them to come back together but they do a pretty good job of it.

Does anyone know if they're gonna do a season 5? I'm sure they'd get the green-light of they want to, but I think they should probably stop after 4 if 4 ends up being dope.

@SchoolboyC

I'm also interested to see what happens with a breath of fresh air outside of Hawkins. I like the news story talking about Hawkins being a freaky place at the end of the finale, because it's showing that the Duffers understand that all this shyt constantly happening in one town is kind of ridiculous. I know in Season 2 they wanted to explore stuff outside of Hawkins but the episode failed miserably (that Lost Sister episode that everyone hated) and I think they realized they'd need to approach it differently.

How do you feel about Hopper? The way they handled his exit kind of left a sour taste after what I thought was a really fun and awesome season. I think if they intended to kill him off that they should have made it clear he was dead. If they bring him back then (to me at least) it sort of cheapens the emotional punch of the final 10-15 mins of this season. If they don't bring him back then I'm still a little bummed at his actual death scene.

I said this earlier but it wouldn't surprise me if the Duffers don't know what they're going to do yet and want to gauge fan and critic reaction and decide whether they want to bring him back or not.

It hasn't been confirmed but it's very likely they're doing a season 4, season 5 is a question mark. Tbh I wouldn't have even been mad if they had made this the last season.

I don't think the Lost Sister episode was a fail simply because it was outside of Hawkins, I think it was a fail because that character wasn't interesting and El couldn't carry an episode by herself. Technically when Hopper & Joyce took the Russian scientist to meet Murray that took place outside of Hawkins. The problem with that Lost Sister was episode was that it just didn't fit with everything else they were doing. Especially not on a show that only has like 8 episodes per season, you don't have really the luxury of filler.

If he had to die in that scene then I would have preferred if he sacrificed himself to kill fake Schwarzenegger. But I've come to learn in shows that if they don't show a major character actually dying on screen then it means they're leaving the door open for a return and I think with the post-credit scene of the Russians talking about an American in custody it's doing that. It wouldn't be for the first time either because they basically did the same thing with Eleven in season 1.

I do agree though that after the events they showed after his death that I would prefer if they kept him dead, because if not then it makes it seem almost pointless.