Official Stranger Things Season 3 Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Anyone think that

Hopper

Didn't die but got teleported to the Russians' side? Post credit scene alludes to it
[/spoiler]
I went to high school with the Duffer bros and have a lot of thoughts on this season (which I enjoyed but also thought was all over the map) and I'll post them in a little. I just finished the finale.

I mean...I hate to say this but I honestly feel like the Duffers are going to use fan reaction to Hopper's 'death' and the post-credit scene in order to decide whether to bring Hopper back or not. They've always kind of had a reciprocal relationship with fans where they clearly do or don't do certain things based on feedback to seasons.

I hope he's gone, only because I think bringing him back would cheapen the emotional impact of the final 15 mins or so, which I thought was pretty powerful. His death served as good motivation for me to believe the Byers family would actually leave Hawkins, and I think the show needs to move into some new territory. And I choked up at the note he wrote for El, and them saying their goodbyes was well done.

I also found his death frustrating, because with everything that he and Joyce have been through, for them to at least not get a kiss is crazy. I also assumed they had fukked before season 1, and was as surprised as the Russian in the car that they hadn't.

Anyways...I do think they'll bring him back, or they certainly can and I don't think most will care. They didn't show him die. There's a reason they showed those other guys turning into dust and melting but not him. And I don't know who else 'The American' in the Russian prison could refer to.

TL:DR; I don't like how the character's exit from this season was handled but I hope they have the balls to commit to it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’m on episode three & I’m so confused
Prepare to just go for the ride or try to piece some things together in your mind, because besides some very obvious things, not much you could be confused about in episode 3 gets explained more clearly.

It sounds like I'm hating on the season and while I actually had a great time with it, it's a house built on a shaky foundation that doesn't make a ton of sense if you really think about it.

spoilers for first 3 episodes for everyone else.

To you, if you're wondering why...
The Russians want to open the Upside down, I don't know. I also don't understand how the Mind Flayer this season works. I sort of get it, but not really. If you're wondering about the chemicals and why the rats and stuff are eating them, it never really gets explained.

Is it good brehs. All the hype got me :russell: I haven’t exactly been stoked to watch the new season
If you liked the 1st 2 seasons you'll like it. It's more of the same. In many ways it's the second season's story but re-told with a few additional elements. It's definitely way more graphic and gory, and there's a theme about growing up and losing your childhood that's handled very well. There's some good acting and new additions to the cast. If you watch it just be prepared for a lot of product placement and well as lots of nostalgia pings. Don't expect anything totally brand new and I think you'll enjoy it. It's not many episodes and at the very least it's pretty good fun IMO.

It moves at a fast pace and it does fly by, so I suggest watching it. I give the whole season a 3.5 out of 5. I want to give it a solid 4/5 but something from the finale is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
D-sIvP9UIAA4FDW.jpg
Another thing that bothered me about her, she looks a good 35 in the face, acted about 25 and then had the nerve to be 10 :dead:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't like how mans is being treated like a third wheel this season either.
Man, I couldn’t feel bad for him. His boys had girlfriends, Dustin took it like a g and went off to clique up with Steve and Robin (and Erica)...plus Dustin actually had a gf too :pachaha: don’t know why Will didn’t bounce and go hang with Dustin since he apparently “cared” that D was MIA.

Only messed up thing was Mike hitting him with the line about not liking girls :sadcam:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I dunno how Will does it. I'd blown my brains out by now :francis:
Right?

At least he didn't have to be missing or be a host all season, but he still got the least amount of stuff to do out of all the main kids.

Only messed up thing was Mike hitting him with the line about not liking girls :sadcam:
That shyt was cold blooded G. me and my girl both yelled "GOD DAMN" out loud at that part. The timing of that line was vicious. That's a bar you can't take back either. It doesn't help that Will looks kind of feminine already and then they stay throwing him in wizard outfits and clothes that look like girl clothes.
:lolbron:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Another thing that bothered me about her, she looks a good 35 in the face, acted about 25 and then had the nerve to be 10 :dead:
I feel like they should tone down her level of sass next season. I know that's all her character was for a while but if she's going to be a part of the main group she's going to have to :whoa: and pump the brakes at least a little bit.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I don't think they don't care, I just think Will is longing for something that's been bypassed. He's trying to make up for lost time still trying to hang out with his boys, wants things to go back to how it was before, and they've moved on.
And :mjcry: because in many ways he already got his childhood robbed, because he didn't get to experience a lot of their adventures because he was either missing or possessed.

He reminds me of a kid version of the friend in The Hangover movies that's always the one that ends up missing.

Someone joked in here and I didn't even think about it before) that it's fukked up how his main contribution to the group is knowing when the Mind F;ayer is about to show up...but only like 5 seconds before everyone else finds out anyways.
:mjlol:

Honestly though I kind of feel for the writers, because I don't know how much you can do with him, right? He was basically a plot device in season 1, and in season 2 they got him a little more involved but he was still largely a plot device again. So now I think they knew they needed to do something fresh and not use him in the same way again, yet so much has happened without him in the picture that it would be hard to do a lot of potential story arcs for him without introducing new characters.

Speaking of story arcs

Can my man Steve catch a break? Holy shyt. Dude went from being a weaker character in season 1 to being one of the best parts of the entire show. I feel like he ended up in the same situation he started in. I wish they would've just let him hook up with Robin. The reveal about her being a lesbian felt kind of forced. Her and Steve had great chemistry, and Steve started the season working a dead end job because he didn't apply himself in school. And at the end of the season he wants to work another dead end job doing something he's not really into (video games) just to what....spend more time with a girl that is a good friend but isn't interested in him sexually?

:snoop: Just let Steve get a W. This is 2 seasons in a row where Steve catches an L in the romance department.

Again, I'm sounding very complainy about this season so far, but it felt unfulfilling to not have any positive outcome or coming together romantically for Steve and Robin AND for Hopper and Joyce. The fact they took Hopper out the frame without he and Joyce ever kissing is crazy to me. Like the Russian in the back seat, I also was positive Hopper and Joyce had fukked before. Didn't they allude to them hooking up prior to season 1? :dwillhuh: