Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, im not gonna explain everyfukking thing for you
everything your asking was all in season 1

Ok, fair enough. Just tell me two things then. Who/what created the "Demogorgon" monster from season 1? Does Eleven travel between dimensions when she uses her psychic powers to contact people?

Thanks

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i have no idea what youre talking about

Forbidden Planet was an old 1950's SciFi movie with Leslie Neilson from Naked Gun (before he became a comedy actor).
To make a long story short, a scientist out in space found some ancient ruins that contained a machine that manifested an ultra-powerful monster from his own negative emotions.

Last season, a lot of people were guessing that maybe the scientists unleashed the psychic powers within Eleven, but she was SO powerful that the Upside-down plane (and everything in it) was just the manifestation of her own hatred of what they were doing to her. So that if she died, the Upside-Down and the Demogorgon would just cease to exist, because it never existed independently of her.

I never believed that theory myself, but it couldn't really be totally ruled out until this year. So, its not 100% true to say they really explained everything last season.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's kind of a reach that she randomly made contact with a "demogorgon" while spying on Russians in her mind but I guess thats the basis of the shows plot and how it all started :manny:

Lets see where it goes from there cause they can pretty much make up anything with a story that vague
What happened was she was spying on the important Russian dude but low and behold while doing that she came across this monster(demogorgon/demodog) in the cut chillin' gorging himself on some type of flesh. When she awoken they told her to next time get closer to the demodog but she refused. Then finally on another session she finally got the courage and reached out and physically touched it and when did that it opened up the portal/gate between dimensions. When she tries to touch the people she's spying on they disappear and turn to vapor but when she touched the monster it was skin on skin- no vapor and it started a chain reaction.

I would like them to get deeper into the Hawkins Lab as well. They're on the hook for at least five seasons so maybe its coming up

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Forbidden Planet was an old 1950's SciFi movie with Leslie Neilson from Naked Gun (before he became a comedy actor).
To make a long story short, a scientist out in space found some ancient ruins that contained a machine that manifested an ultra-powerful monster from his own negative emotions.

Last season, a lot of people were guessing that maybe the scientists unleashed the psychic powers within Eleven, but she was SO powerful that the Upside-down plane (and everything in it) was just the manifestation of her own hatred of what they were doing to her. So that if she died, the Upside-Down and the Demogorgon would just cease to exist, because it never existed independently of her.

I never believed that theory myself, but it couldn't really be totally ruled out until this year. So, its not 100% true to say they really explained everything last season.
never heard that theory
its has legs until you remember that the science teach was talking to them about the theory of different dimension parallel to us
and yeah season 2 debunks that

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I might have to re-watch this. we binged it saturday, but I was in and out and I went to get food and was in the bathroom taking a shower and what not and missed some crucial plot points. plus I was kinda playing on my phone for a lot of it.

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
And why did the scientists make her get in contact with the monster? Had the scientists encountered it or others like it before?

True to their nature the cac scientists couldn't leave the monster breh alone and had to be nosey :manny:

The shadow monster, who seems to control all the creatures inside the Upside Down, didn't even know about our dimension. Or maybe it did and just didn't have away to our world.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True to their nature the cac scientists couldn't leave the monster breh alone and had to be nosey :manny:

The shadow monster, who seems to control all the creatures inside the Upside Down, didn't even know about our dimension. Or maybe it did and just didn't have away to our world.

Yea its kinda weird a monster just sitting there in an alternate reality. I guess they figured it wasn't real or all her imagination that she was making it up like some sort of game.

Then again maybe she found what they were looking for. Im convinced the scientists know what theyre doing and want to use eleven to do more stuff for them and help them get in to other dimensions and who knows whatelse :manny:

I think the "shadow monster" is a lame idea to begin with. It can be anything.

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 2 >>> Season 1

Also the red head bytch that plays Max is a horrible actress way over the top acting that is cringe worthy to watch at times :scust:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Drive by posting: episode 5 is where it got good for me. The others before are meh

I HATE build ups in supernatural films. It’s just people not believing things. That’s what episodes 1-4 were. But maybe I’m being impatient

The character build up of Bob and Max is awesome. Taking my time with it. Not binging :ehh: