Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Rewatch season 1 breh. Its all explained. The gate opening literally was a freak accident. When Eleven uses her physic powers to track people she enters another dimension...it's different from our world and the Upside Down.

The monster from season 1 could travel dimensions also and just happened to be in the same one Eleven was in. The scientists made her get in contact with the monster and she freaked out and opened the gate.
Exactly

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kind of a reach that she randomly made contact with a "demogorgon" while spying on Russians in her mind but I guess thats the basis of the shows plot and how it all started :manny:

Lets see where it goes from there cause they can pretty much make up anything with a story that vague
Whats a demogorgon (since thats what you call it)? where is it from and who created it?

how did she open the "gate" did they explain that?

I know the "gate" leads to the "upside down" but that just another dimension or the result of just some science experiment went wrong?
Did you even watch season 1?! What is a demogorgon ?!! It's like the first episode breh

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The material they were burning
in the lab was living material from the upside down, it simply when down in the ground, the "tunnels" in the ground was the living spore from that world, so I think you got it wrong a bit. Will did spit out a demidorgan, but the real work in the town was coming from the lab and the fact that they never were able to quickly burn the shyt out and contain it.

On second thought, the Vines/spores probably DID directly come through the gate. That's probably the stuff we see floating through the air,
and the same stuff that got sprayed in Hopper's face. But I still think the pollywogs all came from Will.

Whats a demogorgon (since thats what you call it)? where is it from and who created it?

It's apparently the final form of the creatures that humans get impregnated with (Alien-style) when the vines tie them down. You can see that Dart and the other DemoDogs had the same type of mouth as the DemoGorgon. Every time the creature shed its skin it morphed into a more advanced form.

Last season we saw slugs come out of both Barb and Will. So it looks like it goes:
Human implanted->Slug->Pollywog->2 Legged Pollywog->DemoFrog->DemoDog->....DemoGorgon

All of the "Demo" creatures (including possessed Will) have a hive intelligence controlled by the "Mind Flayer" through the gate. If the gate is closed the signal can't make it into the RightSide-Up plane.

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rewatch season 1 breh. Its all explained. The gate opening literally was a freak accident. When Eleven uses her physic powers to track people she enters another dimension...it's different from our world and the Upside Down.

The monster from season 1 could travel dimensions also and just happened to be in the same one Eleven was in. The scientists made her get in contact with the monster and she freaked out and opened the gate.

Ok now that makes sense. I was confused to where she is when she uses he physic powers. I figure she was just having visions like in a dream or something and not actually traveling anywhere physically

The show doesn't explain the all black scenes so you don't know she actually isn't "on earth"

And why did the scientists make her get in contact with the monster? Had the scientists encountered it or others like it before?

I heard someone else say the scientists created the monster and it got trapped in that dimension.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Ok now that makes sense. I was confused to where she is when she uses he physic powers. I figure she was just having visions like in a dream or something and not actually traveling anywhere physically

The show doesn't explain the all black scenes so you don't know she actually isn't "on earth"

And why did the scientists make her get in contact with the monster? Had the scientists encountered it or others like it before?

I heard someone else say the scientists created the monster and it got trapped in that dimension.
:dwillhuh: nikka go watch season 1 everything youre confused about is explained
wtf

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you even watch season 1?! What is a demogorgon ?!! It's like the first episode breh

I watched it and I'm pretty sure the scientists didn't call it a "demogorgon"

Throughout the entire season 2 that one kid kept trying to call the creatures from the upsideown "demidogs" and everyone kept looking at him crazy....

What the kids call it based off some fictional game they play might not be what it actually is.

There may be more to the story, at least I'm hoping.

Yea stranger things has many references to 80s pop culture and is inspired by movies and tv from the time but you can't take it literally as far as what's happening in the show.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:dwillhuh: nikka go watch season 1 everything youre confused about is explained
wtf

To be fair, after Season 1 ended it seemed entirely possible that Eleven's own mind created EVERYTHING due to the experiments they were doing on her. Like the "Monster from the Id" from the old "Forbidden Planet" movie.

That theory didn't really get ruled out until this year.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
To be fair, after Season 1 ended it seemed entirely possible that Eleven's own mind created EVERYTHING due to the experiments they were doing on her. Like the "Monster from the Id" from the old "Forbidden Planet" movie.

That theory didn't really get ruled out until this year

i have no idea what youre talking about

Daps
I almost hate I watched it all in a couple of days. That shyt was like sauteed crack man. It's going to be another long year plus.

11 is the real star in series and hopefully doesn't get too many roles before there is no time left for seasons 4 and maybe 5. She has the only real power to combat the inter dimensional beings. Perhaps they will introduce more numbered kids into the series.