Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Some of yall tripping, I fukked with Episode 7
I guess they were setting up a group of "Chronicle"-style superheroes for future seasons.

Aside from the :mjpls: I liked the addition of cokeboy. Dude had the mama soaking :wow:
They needed to add a new 80's "bully" character now that Steve is officially a Good Guy.

Maybe I missed something but they didn't explain the shadow/smoke monster or reveal anything to build on what they started in season one.

Sure they did:

What else do you need to know?

Anyway, something I didn't think of until this morning. I don't know if this was obvious to everyone else out there, but I didn't think of this until after the show was over:
Every time Will was having one of his "episodes', while his mind was seeing the Upside-Down his body was throwing up another DemoPollywog. So dozens of dogs=dozens of blackouts since the end of last season.

Dart and all of the other DemoDogs were half DemoGorgon and half Will. That's they only way they could get into "our" plane of existence. They couldn't come through the gate directly because the scientists were burning everything in the immediate area.

That's also what killed Barb in the end. She just stat there spitting out DemoPollywogs until there was nothing left of her :picard:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I guess they were setting up a group of "Chronicle"-style superheroes for future seasons.

They needed to add a new 80's "bully" character now that Steve is officially a Good Guy.

Sure they did:

Anyway, something I didn't think of until this morning. I don't know if this was obvious to everyone else out there, but I didn't think of this until after the show was over:
Every time Will was having one of his "episodes', while his mind was seeing the Upside-Down his body was throwing up another DemoPollywog. So dozens of dogs=dozens of blackouts since the end of last season.

Dart and all of the other DemoDogs were half DemoGorgon and half Will. That's they only way they could get into "our" plane of existence. They couldn't come through the gate directly because the scientists were burning everything in the immediate area.

That's also what killed Barb in the end. She just stat there spitting out DemoPollywogs until there was nothing left of her :picard:

With regard to your 2nd spoiler
I think you are very wrong. Its clear the creatures were operating without will using the gate, that is how it was able to slowly burrow under the Lab and spread across the town.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
With regard to your 2nd spoiler
I think you are very wrong. Its clear the creatures were operating without will using the gate, that is how it was able to slowly burrow under the Lab and spread across the town.

What I think is that
Once Will got the first pollywogs into our "Rightside-Up" world in the Season 1 finale, they were able to start digging the tunnels all around town themselves. They only needed the open gate to get the psychic control signals from the Mind Flayer to direct them.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sure they did:

[/SPOILER]

No that was a explanation on the fly that the kid (i forget his name) borrowed from warcraft and nobody bought it. They just moved on without expanding on it, like it didn't matter.... cause it didn't really at the time.

But the whole idea of another dimension and other life forms and stuff shouldve been explored more and how the gate got open, exactly what is the "upside down", who created it, where is it and what is a metaphor for, what happens when people get trapped there.....

and the scientists experiments and all the kids they tested and alternate reality stuff, how does it continue to tie into the story. they couldve got into all that more.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Finished the season tonight, some random thoughts.

A lot of moments that really tugged at the heart strings, especially in the last two episodes. The dance :mjcry: the reunions :mjcry: the bonds between them all :wow:

Max’s brother stole damn near every scene he was in :dead: Dude reminded me a lot of Mel Gibson from Lethal Weapon with his hair and insanity, plus Max being referred to as Mad Max. Guy was every bad guy 80’s cliche wrapped in one.

I actually enjoyed a lot of the illusions to other films/shows. Eleven’s look was very reminiscent of Ripley in Alien as were several scene themselves. Nancy’s style of dress and name reminds me of Nancy from a Nightmare on Elm St. Steve reminded me of Michael J. Fox from that era. The Dart/Gremlins similarities. Max looked like Chucky in her first scene.

I understood the complaints about episode 7 but it’s not enough to really raise that much of a fuss. It’s a self contained episode mostly, you could skip it without it really effecting episodes 8 and 9. It felt like they were testing the waters for a spin-off.

If anything I could have a minor complaint that they did repeat some tropes here with Will being incapacitated most of the season and Eleven coming through in the clutch and nearly sacrificing herself in the process. They’ll need to avoid those next season or else it’ll feel like too much of the same.

Dustin and Steve had a really fun chemistry and I wouldn’t mind seeing some type of spinoff centered on their hijinks

I found the conspiracy theorist’s interaction with Johnathon and Nancy creepy tbh. Egging them on to have sex in his house, then fukking with them when they did. Had to figure that was Johnathon’s first time too. Can’t lie the pullout joke got me though :mjlol:

I would’ve liked to have seen more scenes focus on the kids growing up and how that complicates their unusual circumstances, which they kind’ve started with Eleven and Mike’s outbursts but didn’t really build upon.

All in all I thought they built upon the world they’ve created well and I really anticipate season 3. The strongest part of this show for me is the bond and chemistry the kids have together, and it’ll be interesting to see how that continues to develop over time.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Oh yeah
I don’t know how Steve was still alive after that ass whooping he took. It seemed like Max’s brother beat on him FOREVER, I legit went :picard:during those blows. Then once he regains consciousness he’s walking around fine, putting a bandana and sunglasses on top of what’s gotta be a broken nose and a few broken bones in his face. A month later he didn’t even have a bruise. :gucci:

A lot of really violent beat downs and deaths this season. It was refreshing because you’re conditioned to not really see that level of violence around a cast full of kids.