Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I finally copped one of these and I'm hoping one of you nikkas who are better than me with this kind of shyt can help.

I figured enough out on how to get my (cracked) copy of NBA 2k19 (yeah.. I'm well invested in this game lol) via Warpinator but I can't figure out how to import my save files from my PC, which is the main reason I even wanted to do this shyt.

Even if that wasn't possible, I can't figure out how to get it to save any settings for that matter. When I change some settings or start a new Association, my shyt resets everytime I exit and restart this game.

I know the easy answer is throw the old ass game in the bushes and move on, but I hated the new myleague in the newer 2ks,and I'd also like to be able to play my current season, currently in season 2045-2046 on the go without starting all over
I used lutris to install window games, and it creates the file structure you would see if it was installed on pc.

Do you know if the game has similar file structure layout?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
🤣🤣I got a dog ass squad right now. I definitely be simulating the seasons tho..

OT but I might get into that…it’s still fun (I enjoy tracking stats) and eliminates the minor stress that comes with playing against the cheating ass CPU

• Dap
Reactions: Eza

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
OT but I might get into that…it’s still fun (I enjoy tracking stats) and eliminates the minor stress that comes with playing against the cheating ass CPU

shyt is my stress reliever bruh lol.. Right now my squad ain't made the playoffs in about 20 years but that's part of the fun, dying to finally get back over the fukking hump 😢

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I used lutris to install window games, and it creates the file structure you would see if it was installed on pc.

Do you know if the game has similar file structure layout?
Yeah I initially use lutris but it still wouldn't boot, I had to go into steam, click on the game, properties, compatability, and click 'force the use of a specific steam play compatability tool' just to get it to boot.

So I can start it up with no issues now, just can't save shyt or figure out how to import my saved files from pc.

I went through all of the folders, pasting the saves in different ones but same result

Daps
I'm about to play through Xenogears on the Steamdeck. The main reason I got this was to use the system as my be all end all emulation source. I've been happy with it in that regard.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
How does running EA games work on Steam Deck? I refuse to touch any EA games on PC cause of that origin shyt

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
How does running EA games work on Steam Deck? I refuse to touch any EA games on PC cause of that origin shyt
I went ahead and made an EA account for Mass Effect.

You'll get 2 blank boxes to come up before the game actually loads but it works. Every now and then, the launcher will "update" and you just have to keep restarting the game before it'll play.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Also, Live A Live coming to the Steam next month...my Switch is effectively done for :russ:

I think we all long gone from the Switch at this moment:mjlol:. It gets real when you could make a damn igloo with the amount of Switch boxes at a local gamestop. Nobody gives a shyt about a console that a budget smartphone can run circles around it.