Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Crazy how close Microsoft and Steam has gotten over the years

alot of these new handhelds won't do anything though. The great thing about the steam deck is the openness and as well steam vaunted library. The handheld market is already small. I know for me I'm not spending another 500 plus on a handheld for a few years.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
alot of these new handhelds won't do anything though. The great thing about the steam deck is the openness and as well steam vaunted library. The handheld market is already small. I know for me I'm not spending another 500 plus on a handheld for a few years.
Microsoft isn't making a handheld. they're trying to make a better handheld Windows11 UI, for devices "like the Steam Deck"

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
As much as people hated on it, the Windows 8 Metro UI was amazing for a touchscreen or handheld device. So Microsoft clearly has the chops to make a great gaming UX.

The thing with Windows 8 is that it came at the most weirdest of times. You got to factor in that Windows XP was still the wave and MS had to grab people dragging and screaming to get Windows 7. Then comes Windows 8 like WTF :why:

I actually didn't mind W8 and actually enjoyed 8.1

Folks failed to see that Microsoft was trying to push in the direction of smartphone UI capabilities. I bet you that if they brought back W8 for free and with 10 years of support, folks would ride the wave because it's adaptable to the ecosystem of a typical smartphone.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
As much as people hated on it, the Windows 8 Metro UI was amazing for a touchscreen or handheld device. So Microsoft clearly has the chops to make a great gaming UX.
their phone ui was crazy too but ppl wouldnt develop for it

or is that what youre talking about

my bad i feel stupid

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The thing with Windows 8 is that it came at the most weirdest of times. You got to factor in that Windows XP was still the wave and MS had to grab people dragging and screaming to get Windows 7. Then comes Windows 8 like WTF :why:

I actually didn't mind W8 and actually enjoyed 8.1

Folks failed to see that Microsoft was trying to push in the direction of smartphone UI capabilities. I bet you that if they brought back W8 for free and with 10 years of support, folks would ride the wave because it's adaptable to the ecosystem of a typical smartphone.
Windows 8 was released 2 years after the iPad. Sites like The Verge and Engadget were constantly fawning over iOS and how touch interfaces were the future of computing. So Microsoft gave them what they asked for, a PC OS with a touch based interface, but they crapped all over it for how it worked with keyboard and mouse. Window 8 Metro UI was waaaay ahead of its time. The swipe gestures and charms bar fit right in today, 10 years later. Microsoft reskinned it with a Windows 7 layout and called it Windows 10, and all the haters loved it.

their phone ui was crazy too but ppl wouldnt develop for it

or is that what youre talking about

my bad i feel stupid

Don't. Windows Phone also used the Metro UI. I owned about 5 different Windows Phones. I was referring to the PC interface as Microsoft is attempting to make a gaming UI for Windows 11.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I haven’t played this in months. I want to get Jedi Survivor, but I heard it might run bad on the steam deck.:francis:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
just grabbed cyberpunk and detroit. i might actually do all the branches in detroit this time

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
81444-F9-F-E247-4-E5-A-BC7-D-4960-C8-BC5881.jpg

Stickers came not so bad now