Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I think they could've easily swapped the mid-range (second memory option) Steam Deck for a super high end Steam Deck with OLED and slightly better specs.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Persona 5 Royal is on sale :lupe:

Very tempting because I never finished it on PS4 years back :lupe:

Giving me flashbacks to P4G on Vita :lupe:

The pick up and play capabilities :lupe:

And it's 60FPS :lupe:
I'm not buying it for a 3rd time for anything more than $20-25.

That bytch has yet to hit below $30 in any store :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anybody that's interested in picking up 2k23 on sale:

- Just realize the game is a last-gen version. 2K lazy as fukk and won't bring the new engine to PC
- If you're getting it for MyCareer mode, it won't work in 2 years when 2K shut the servers down
- Have fun with cheaters

Other than that, it's $15 so you get what you pay for :ehh:

I’ve bought it and had fun with it same with madden

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Its good for emulation and old games, definitely. But the specs are already dated.

I need to make huge compromises to play FH5 and Halo Infinite at a decent framerate, and current gen only games like Returnal arent even playable on it cause of the huge minimum requirements.

I'm sure most people here wouldve paid few hundred dollars more for a better screen and higher specs.

You trying to have it replace your hardware which is not the case or thr job. It's a PC handheld. You will never be able to reach those specs unless you spending a considerable amount of money. Can they make adjustments to the system of course but that comes with time. The next step is improvement of battery better screen and graphical performance.

Next iteration would be good at 1080P 60FPS.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You trying to have it replace your hardware which is not the case or thr job. It's a PC handheld. You will never be able to reach those specs unless you spending a considerable amount of money. Can they make adjustments to the system of course but that comes with time. The next step is improvement of battery better screen and graphical performance.

Next iteration would be good at 1080P 60FPS.

I'm not saying its a bad device. Its incredible. But you're acting like its not feasible to make a better spec'd portable PC - when existing competitors have better specs lol.

But the reality is we're going to see less and less new games work on it very soon, especially when they become dependent on SSDs, since those games require like >16gb of RAM on PC as a minimum spec to compensate (ex. Returnal).

And yes, you should be able to play most games on the lowest specs at 1080p and 60 FPS (when docked at least if the machine is gonna be 800p again). Right now you can only really do that with PS3/360 era games.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying its a bad device. Its incredible. But you're acting like its not feasible to make a better spec'd portable PC - when existing competitors have better specs lol.

But the reality is we're going to see less and less new games work on it very soon, especially when they become dependent on SSDs, since those games require like >16gb of RAM on PC as a minimum spec to compensate (ex. Returnal).

And yes, you should be able to play most games on the lowest specs at 1080p and 60 FPS (when docked at least if the machine is gonna be 800p again). Right now you can only really do that with PS3/360 era games.
Why don’t u just go get one of the other handhelds? There is a handheld with Better specs that’s like $300 more dollars. I’ll take reduced graphic settings and 40fps before I spend another $300 for 10-15 more frames. But u for sure have the variety to do so.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

So you spend 1k for a weak ass handheld running windows with no optimization that comes with Linux and the Deck. Bro they making the Deck better every month with updates and Linux OS features.

I just think you finding something to complain about. This Era of gaming with graphics is crazy.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn Divinity Original Sin 2 is on sale for $17.99 too :lupe:

It's too many options :damn:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
So you spend 1k for a weak ass handheld running windows with no optimization that comes with Linux and the Deck. Bro they making the Deck better every month with updates and Linux OS features.

I just think you finding something to complain about. This Era of gaming with graphics is crazy.

Again, I said the thing is incredible.

Damn Divinity Original Sin 2 is on sale for $17.99 too :lupe:

Gameplay is fire but it's a really generic and predictable story. Super hard and replayable cause there's millions of ways to play the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is the difference between the lowest end and the mid version worth it?

Storage space don’t matter, I’m probably only gonna play small games on it and i’m sure it will buy more storage anyway.

dfresh

Pro
Daps