Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That being said, Yang went on to state that none of these improvements would likely be possible for quite some time which means "a true next-gen Deck with a significant bump in horsepower wouldn't be for a few years."

You good breh buy it now
Good looks. i’m bout to hit the button now.

i been having less time for gaming due to daddy duties and sharing the screens around the house(have my own setup but my 1 and 3 year olds don’t give af about what’s mine:mjlol:)

With this i can play pretty much anytime and don’t have to feel bad about kicking them off my tv :blessed:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

i been having less time for gaming due to daddy duties and sharing the screens around the house(have my own setup but my 1 and 3 year olds don’t give af about what’s mine:mjlol:)

With this i can play pretty much anytime and don’t have to feel bad about kicking them off my tv :blessed:

It's the goat breh trust me, since I got it I've rarely played any games on my pc or ps5.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

Bruh greatest dad duty device. I just follow my son around the house playing while he gets into any and everything. And my girl actually said she likes the steam deck because I’m willing to sit on the couch with her while she watches her stupid shows on tv. I’ve cleared 4 games in the last month that I probably never would have finished if I had to do it at a desk

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

Every new Dad should leave the hospital with a baby and a steam deck. My kids commandeer every available screen in my house too. Steam Deck solve the problems perfectly.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The grips just make the playing experience much better and it's obviously less likely to slip and drop too.

the only thing I didn’t like is it took a while for me to get used to using the L1/R1 buttons with the case on…it’s a minor adjustment mentally but still lol

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
the only thing I didn’t like is it took a while for me to get used to using the L1/R1 buttons with the case on…it’s a minor adjustment mentally but still lol

Yeah they get in the way of those buttons for sure and you kinda need to press over the case to hit them.

It would be bad if you were playing a game competitively on this device like some twitch shooter or whatever, but otherwise not a big deal.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
yall making me want to get 1 but :

just paid mechanic 1100.
need stackable washer and dryer.
need to update wifes comp.

but alas that is life

If it makes you feel better, it's really underpowered lol. That's the only issue I have with it. I lowkey feel like I could've just waited for the second iteration since it's apparently a "few years" away.

Like you really need to compromise in every way to get a decent framerate in a current gen cross gen game.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
If it makes you feel better, it's really underpowered lol. That's the only issue I have with it. I lowkey feel like I could've just waited for the second iteration since it's apparently a "few years" away.

Like you really need to compromise in every way to get a decent framerate in a current gen cross gen game.

It's a handheld it's no problem most games can get 40fps at least. I play it more than my ps5 and series x because of the flexibility. Game library over 8k plus games and emulation. My kids were playing Kirby Switch on the big screen.

I need to sell these two oled switches

tgu

Pro
Daps
I did but never knew how easy it was to throw switch Roms on there
:jbhmm: Do you just need the roms or do you need to find bios like files too? I held off on switch emulation cuz I couldn’t find a good source for roms and it seemed like more work to setup

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:jbhmm: Do you just need the roms or do you need to find bios like files too? I held off on switch emulation cuz I couldn’t find a good source for roms and it seemed like more work to setup

It’s easy you just need the roms and then copying the Roms and prod key to a folder

• Dap
Reactions: tgu