Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It's a handheld it's no problem most games can get 40fps at least. I play it more than my ps5 and series x because of the flexibility. Game library over 8k plus games and emulation. My kids were playing Kirby Switch on the big screen.

I need to sell these two oled switches

Its good for emulation and old games, definitely. But the specs are already dated.

I need to make huge compromises to play FH5 and Halo Infinite at a decent framerate, and current gen only games like Returnal arent even playable on it cause of the huge minimum requirements.

I'm sure most people here wouldve paid few hundred dollars more for a better screen and higher specs.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its good for emulation and old games, definitely. But the specs are already dated.

I need to make huge compromises to play FH5 and Halo Infinite at a decent framerate, and current gen only games like Returnal arent even playable on it cause of the huge minimum requirements.

I'm sure most people here wouldve paid few hundred dollars more for a better screen and higher specs.

Nah, only tech enthusiasts and huge PC cats would've done that.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, only tech enthusiasts and huge PC cats would've done that.
Yeah I have no need for a super powerful handheld that costs $1k because honestly, the performance is still not gonna be what I want at that price point. PC gaming on a handheld is gonna be a compromise no matter what. Might as well find the right balance in price for performance

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I have no need for a super powerful handheld that costs $1k because honestly, the performance is still not gonna be what I want at that price point. PC gaming on a handheld is gonna be a compromise no matter what. Might as well find the right balance in price for performance
Right. It would only be a extremely select audience to even bother trying to attract for that. Casuals won't want due to price and heads wouldn't want due to other options/sacrifices.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Persona 5 Royal is on sale :lupe:

Very tempting because I never finished it on PS4 years back :lupe:

Giving me flashbacks to P4G on Vita :lupe:

The pick up and play capabilities :lupe:

And it's 60FPS :lupe:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Right. It would only be a extremely select audience to even bother trying to attract for that. Casuals won't want due to price and heads wouldn't want due to other options/sacrifices.

exactly the price point is perfect how it is now for basically 200 more than the switch lite :scust: you can literally play switch games, gamepass, ps5 remote, games on different launchers and the thousand and thousand of games on the steam store

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody that's interested in picking up 2k23 on sale:

- Just realize the game is a last-gen version. 2K lazy as fukk and won't bring the new engine to PC
- If you're getting it for MyCareer mode, it won't work in 2 years when 2K shut the servers down
- Have fun with cheaters

Other than that, it's $15 so you get what you pay for :ehh: