Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I swear y'all nikkas solution for everything is to just kill someone. Killing Angela does nothing for the situation. Angela's not even part of the task force. Greg knows enough to make an aggressive push after Tommy. Angela said she'd prove to Ghost that Tommy was a criminal meaning she'll keep him up to date with the info she has. Why would you kill the best source of info on an investigation centered on your criminal organization, especially if that source doesn't suspect you in the slightest?:dahell:

Yup, I knew this season would spiral into a whirlwind of fukkery and start being trash

:francis:

You're gonna catch a lot of flack for this, but I see it too.

Guess it's what nikkas want tho :yeshrug:
This has always just been a fukkery show, though, just like Empire. It's an entertaining show but I don't think cats are expecting this to be in Emmy consideration:pachaha:nikkas go overboard with the praise because if a show has black people, guns, murder, drugs, bad bytches, and love triangles they eat it up. Starz and Fox know exactly what they're doing:mjpls:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear y'all nikkas solution for everything is to just kill someone. Killing Angela does nothing for the situation. Angela's not even part of the task force. Greg knows enough to make an aggressive push after Tommy. Angela said she'd prove to Ghost that Tommy was a criminal meaning she'll keep him up to date with the info she has. Why would you kill the best source of info on an investigation centered on your criminal organization, especially if that source doesn't suspect you in the slightest?:dahell:

This has always just been a fukkery show, though, just like Empire. It's an entertaining show but I don't think cats are expecting this to be in Emmy consideration:pachaha:nikkas go overboard with the praise because if a show has black people, guns, murder, drugs, bad bytches, and love triangles they eat it up. Starz and Fox know exactly what they're doing:mjpls:

nikkas think they playing GTA:russ:

GhettoNintendo

chill its a secret b
Daps
Reppin
nyc.
I'm still tryna figure out the name of the song towards the end of the second episode in the second season. when kantos is in the car with simon and pulling up to the club. that beat is pure heatrocks :scust::ohlawd:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Preach breh..keep preaching..Coli writers would have a character die every episode of every season in every show ever.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

To be fair, shows with guns, murder, drugs, bad bytches and love triangles do well across all demographics, that'll always be the hollywood formula for adult tv shows. You can include the whole cops and robbers trope as well.

Starz (or Agboh and 50) simply did a good job of providing a compelling script with enough blacks, latinos and whites involved to appeal to everyone. Throw in the musical score and overall presentation, and I don't think the praise is overboard. Hell, there's not an ep that goes by without people calling Ghost a simp or Tommy a dumbass. But flaws and all, it's a very good show imo

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, shows with guns, murder, drugs, bad bytches and love triangles do well across all demographics, that'll always be the hollywood formula for adult tv shows. You can include the whole cops and robbers trope as well.

Starz (or Agboh and 50) simply did a good job of providing a compelling script with enough blacks, latinos and whites involved to appeal to everyone. Throw in the musical score and overall presentation, and I don't think the praise is overboard. Hell, there's not an ep that goes by without people calling Ghost a simp or Tommy a dumbass. But flaws and all, it's a very good show imo
It's entertaining, but i wouldn't necessarily call it a "good show". I personally think "Magic City" was better.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.

damn that second paragraph is the epitome of this
d583fb1c_th_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

lmao I wanted to be mad as shyt at that but damn if it aint some true ass shyt :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
exactly, I cringe every time I see somebody say Angela needs to get killed.. and I hear it a lot.:drizzywtf: Angela gets killed and the boys are still gonna be after Ghosts organization and now he doesnt have any inside info to maneuver around it.. killing her would be shooting himself in the foot.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
exactly, I cringe every time I see somebody say Angela needs to get killed.. and I hear it a lot.:drizzywtf: Angela gets killed and the boys are still gonna be after Ghosts organization and now he doesnt have any inside info to maneuver around it.. killing her would be shooting himself in the foot.

Not only that but killing her would eliminate one of the core pieces of drama in the show and you'd be taking away so much conflict and inner conflict of your main character. And the show would be terrible

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not only that but killing her would eliminate one of the core pieces of drama in the show and you'd be taking away so much conflict and inner conflict of your main character.
True but no way the show can continue with every major character remaining. A couple of them have to go.