Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way Kanan can pry open that door with the wound he had

Maybe dre was there to get him out since 50 had him tell ghost that he killed shawn and he played that part well cause i was convinced til he hopped in his car. He will be ghost right hand man while fif heals up then slide back in when the heat is on.

Or like someone else said Dre flip on ghost after he teaches him the business and send him to jail like a ghetto Sith Lord. James is going to be on file with feds while dre only had juve cases so he might put shyt in his name so that tasha cant get half in a Divorce??

:ohhh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
this show isn't really the highlight of good writing... ENTERTAINING??? yes... extremely so... but i personally "wrote" out 3-4 eps last season, weeks before they dropped

and others were doing the same exact thing... describing details of what would play out and then it would happen exactly the same way

the coli is pretty good about that.... GOT is the only show that really kept everyone guessing cause they don't do normal tv type shyt
nah he said he saw the episode way before everybody else. thought he was joking but turned out he actually was telling the truth.
he wrote details like 50 wrapping the plastic around ghost's face and shyt, and ghost stabbin him with a piece of glass.

Daps
Eh, none of the other ones did anything close to what Kanaan did.

He knew Shawn was manipulated into that shyt.

He had a feeling Rolla had nothing to do with the shyt.

Kanaan turned damn near all of his connects against him, sent a couple of people to kill him and then had a gun in his face and beat the shyt out of him before Ghost got the upper hand.
Kanan's actions are based on the actions of Ghost. Same with Tommy, Shawn and everyone else.

Shawn was manipulated, but that doesn't excuse the fact he chose to put a gun to Ghost. Ghost was manipulated into killing Rolla against his better judgement.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Rolla would've been dead after this last episode anyway :lolbron:

And man...they better have some cool shyt lined up for season 3 after how they ended this season.

I was let down by that fukkin fight scene though. Shyt was ultra cheesy action movie-esque. I bet you that shyt was 50's idea in the damn room of writers.

50: "Yea yea..aight, check it. Why don't we do the big fight scene where i walk in, ghost got me dead to rights...i flip it on the dude, right? we fight like wesley snipes & stallone, break wood & glass. then, i almost kill the mothafukka with a bag on his head, he grabs a piece of glass and stabs me in the liver...i fall out and look dead. But check it, he doesn't shoot me even tho we had the guns on us. So he takes some gas, throws it directly on me and around me...but bust it, i DO NOT light up on fire when he ignites the shyt!! So, when the cops come, they don't find a body & they see somebody broke out the basement. So, it's a cliffhanger for season 3!! WHAT Y'ALL THINK?!"

oprah-wet-4-50-cent-o.gif

Daps
:heh:

Some of y'all are straight up grasping for straws defending this show's sloppy writing.

He kills Rolla who he has a personal connection with based on hearse... Then let's Shawn live who had a gun to his head.

He doesn't kill Ruiz when he knew he was conspiring to kill him... Again, but he bodied Rolla tho.

Now y'all in here saying it makes sense that he didn't put a bullet in Kanan's head after he did all he did trying to take him out? Just say you were entertained and leave it at that.

All this about this show being the best on TV is ridiculous and tells me who doesn't watch much of anything
The writing is sloppy, but most of the sloppiness occurred prior to the finale.

To save Rolla, he would have had to kill Tommy and Ruiz.

How dumb would it be to kill Ruiz right before his daughter is supposed to testify?

Ghost biggest mistake was apparently not cutting off the water.

Daps
We all watch a lot of media so we can see the fallback tropes that TV and film writers use all the time.

The thing with Power is if it was realistic, the show would be over in a few episodes. We need mistakes and stupid decisions to create the drama that pushes the narrative forward.

You're also right GoT goes against those tropes which is why people get pissed off at it on the regular as it undermines what an audience expects. It's the difference between things being good and bad. GoT is more ambivalent about it's characters and less scared of killing them if the story calls for it. Audiences don't like that they believe in justice and fairness and bad guys losing. Despite it being a fantasy GoT is realer than most other shows.
Why would a realistic show only last a few episodes?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Something tells me that 50 is going to be the last one standing when the series is done. I would like for them to spend half of season 3 explaining how and why Ghost and Tasha set up Kanan. His loose tail light story seems a little too light and easy.

Something I been wondering is did Ghost talk with a cop or somebody first to tell them 50 had drugs in the car prior to the setup. How'd a taillight being out lead to the car getting searched and 50 popped with the drugs.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another thing that was hilarious to me is how Ghost tells Ruiz to "disappear" because Lobos is taking all of them out, and he flies his family to Cali, and the FEDs know he did so.

How exactly is that "disappearing" if the FEDs know where you flying to? Aren't you supposed to be on some blacklist kind of shyt if you're "disappearing" where nobody knows shyt? New identities? New documentation?

This dude flies his whole family to Cali of all places to get away from the Mexican Cartel.
:stopitslime:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Something I been wondering is did Ghost talk with a cop or somebody first to tell them 50 had drugs in the car prior to the setup. How'd a taillight being out lead to the car getting searched and 50 popped with the drugs.

Ghost unscrewed the tail light and Tasha called the cops with an anonymous tip that there was drugs in the car. This is according to Kanan but I think it's safe to assume this happened since Tasha and Ghost have admitted to each other they set Kanan up.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing that was hilarious to me is how Ghost tells Ruiz to "disappear" because Lobos is taking all of them out, and he flies his family to Cali, and the FEDs know he did so.

How exactly is that "disappearing" if the FEDs know where you flying to? Aren't you supposed to be on some blacklist kind of shyt if you're "disappearing" where nobody knows shyt? New identities? New documentation?

This dude flies his whole family to Cali of all places to get away from the Mexican Cartel.
:stopitslime:
bodies are dropping fast you gonna take time to get a fake ID?:snoop: Probably get killed on the way..Maybe they got to Cali then got fake Ids and went somewhere else? :sas2: You guys are questioning a story that continues next year but you should wait to see what happens next.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
bodies are dropping fast you gonna take time to get a fake ID?:snoop: Probably get killed on the way..Maybe they got to Cali then got fake Ids and went somewhere else? :sas2: You guys are questioning a story that continues next year but you should wait to see what happens next.
I'm sure when you're in that line of work you know how to "disappear" quickly and have contacts on deck when the time comes.

When you need to go, and protect your family you have the resources to do so. Maybe you should stop making excuses for basic common sense :sas2:

You don't disappear by hopping on a commercial flight.