Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I thought Tasha was gonna murk her when Jamie left her and Angie went and threw the trash away. Angela is dirty. I ain't even a fan of Greg's character but what she did to him is not cool. That bytch gotta die. Too many red flags popping up for her character imo.

The finale imo could not live up to the last 2 eps it was impossible. It was good but man that direction for season 3 could go anyway. I don't like the rift between Ghost and Tommy. I hope they can put they differences aside and be cool again. But I won't be mad at a Tasha, Tommy and Kanan crew distributing Lobos dope.

I know Ghost is gonna get pulled back in some kinda (Carlito's) way. And I don't think Tommy is gonna kill Ghost but the start of season 3 is gonna be piff becuz they might swerve my ass and do some other shyt which is welcomed.
I really don't like Angela's character, even if she's on Ghost's side now she's a selfish bytch and unstable
He stabbed em dead in the kidney, 9 x outta ten that ass is :dead:
The vast majority of people who get stabbed survive

People in here calling Power unrealistic while a show with a high school teacher with terminal cancer with his brother in law being a DEA becomes the biggest drug kingpin in New Mexico in less than a year is viewed as the best show of all time :heh:

Killing people with a bell attached to a wheelchair :mjlol:

But let's hate on Power's writing. We know why :mjpls:
Breaking Bad is so overrated in my opinion

Ghost is a cold, heartless, calculated motherfukker until his emotions get involved and he makes things personal. That's why he can go kill all these guys on some Metal Gear Solid shyt, yet couldn't clip DWade (when he had every reason to) and had to have a whole dialog with Kanan instead of just putting a few in his head. It's the same reason he's still fukking with Angela and even told her he's Ghost. It's his character flaw, which makes him much more unpredictable (which is a good thing), but damn if it isn't frustrating to watch sometimes.
Ghost didn't want to kill Shawn since he knew he was being manipulated, and it would be insanely dumb to kill someone in your own club anyway (even though he sorta did that in the first episode)
I just knew Tasha was gonna clap Angie when she stepped off the elevator :heh:

Greg's unstable ass is gonna be fun to watch next season

notice the teams have switched:wow:

tommy will bring kanan on his side because now he has some1 who really wants to kill ghost

n ghost now has dre on his side.....to help him run the club,dre wants that peaceful life :mjcry:
I doubt Kanan would trust Tommy

Also I wonder who the hell Kanan would even have now other than himself
people talking that Kanan shyt remember this?

The guy Omar is loosely based off of jumped out of a window on the 6th floor

They changed the ending last second

Kanan was originally dead, they rerecorded the last scene

Regardless its more realistic than breaking bad
Do you know how Kanan was supposed to die originally?

And yes it's more realistic than Breaking Bad

I really enjoyed that last episode, but I am typically NOT a fan of tv shows/movies, where EVERYONE is double crossing each other at the same time. just not a fan of that type of confusion used as a central plot element.
I feel the same way, it's a little too confusing and it seems like there are pretty much no likeable main characters at this point aside from Ghost

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you know how Kanan was supposed to die originall?

And yes it's more realistic than Breaking Bad

I feel the same way, it's a little too confusing and it seems like there are pretty much no likeable main characters at this point aside from Ghost

no i dont bro

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
This finale was entertaining as fukk but the writing was pretty awful

Ghost murders like 8 people in one day by himself, yet fails to successfully kill Kanan, and nearly got killed by doing something he knew better than to do (standing too close)

I also don't like how Ghost has god like qualities, being practically all knowing and all powerful. I know the dude is "calculated" or whatever but the amount of power he has is ridiculous. He successfully broke into the houses of drug dealers, murdered them with ease, on top of doing whatever else he was doing that day.

And why would Kanan be dumb enough to trust Tommy to that extent, when he knew him and Ghost were so close? Tommy didn't even seem to play off the thing in the rib joint well

But I'm actually not that mad about Kanan surviving, I think his character is one of the best things about the show even if him surviving is stupid. I'm guessing one of the upcoming season finales will involve him being brutally murdered, or maybe he'll end up coming out on top. I was actually rooting for him at first when it was revealed that Ghost essentially ratted him out, but then Kanan was shown to be a mega scumbag who wasn't even above murdering his own son.

Also I hope Tommy and Ghost become close again, I was starting to like Tommy's character a lot in Season 2 so it will be disappointing if he stays with Holly or does some other fukkboy shyt

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I think Ruiz was left alive not only because of the situation with his daughter, but because he's the only kingpin aside from Ghost/Tommy who's interesting, Vlad and Marlo were just generic kingpins who don't really serve much of a purpose on the show

Also I really hope they don't continue any further with the Stern storyline

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think Ruiz was left alive not only because of the situation with his daughter, but because he's the only kingpin aside from Ghost/Tommy who's interesting, Vlad and Marlo were just generic kingpins who don't really serve much of a purpose on the show

Also I really hope they don't continue any further with the Stern storyline

I'm glad Ruiz made it too and I suspected that's why he didn't get clapped as well. I'm hoping he has more an impact next season.

shyt is looking like it's about to be a free for all :wow:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This finale was entertaining as fukk but the writing was pretty awful

Ghost murders like 8 people in one day by himself, yet fails to successfully kill Kanan, and nearly got killed by doing something he knew better than to do (standing too close)

I also don't like how Ghost has god like qualities, being practically all knowing and all powerful. I know the dude is "calculated" or whatever but the amount of power he has is ridiculous. He successfully broke into the houses of drug dealers, murdered them with ease, on top of doing whatever else he was doing that day.

And why would Kanan be dumb enough to trust Tommy to that extent, when he knew him and Ghost were so close? Tommy didn't even seem to play off the thing in the rib joint well

But I'm actually not that mad about Kanan surviving, I think his character is one of the best things about the show even if him surviving is stupid. I'm guessing one of the upcoming season finales will involve him being brutally murdered, or maybe he'll end up coming out on top. I was actually rooting for him at first when it was revealed that Ghost essentially ratted him out, but then Kanan was shown to be a mega scumbag who wasn't even above murdering his own son.

Also I hope Tommy and Ghost become close again, I was starting to like Tommy's character a lot in Season 2 so it will be disappointing if he stays with Holly or does some other fukkboy shyt
I bet it they made a TV series about a Mexican cartel Boss that got caught for drugs and murder, escaped jail, ran shyt for 13 years being calculated, got caught again, escaped again you would say that's unreal.. But in reality that's El Chapo..

I bet it somebody got shot 9 times at point blank range and lived you would say "that's lazy writing" but in reality that's 50 Cent..

Before you question what's realistic and not just remember anything is possible.. I've seen someone knock a gun out of somebody's hand before just like the scene with ghost and Kanan but my boy did get shot partially in his hand though.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
some dude on another forum said exactly what would happen in the finale 4 days ago... Told him he was full of sht. Now i watch it and everything dude said was true :beli:
this show isn't really the highlight of good writing... ENTERTAINING??? yes... extremely so... but i personally "wrote" out 3-4 eps last season, weeks before they dropped

and others were doing the same exact thing... describing details of what would play out and then it would happen exactly the same way

the coli is pretty good about that.... GOT is the only show that really kept everyone guessing cause they don't do normal tv type shyt

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
People in here calling Power unrealistic while a show with a high school teacher with terminal cancer with his brother in law being a DEA becomes the biggest drug kingpin in New Mexico in less than a year is viewed as the best show of all time :heh:

Killing people with a bell attached to a wheelchair :mjlol:

But let's hate on Power's writing. We know why :mjpls:

I like BB but I've found it really resonates with white boys who wish the fantasy that a guy like that could become a drug kingpin. If that shyt was true to life the cartels would kidnap Walt's entire family and send a piece of them back weekly with video until he played ball.

Last edited:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
this show isn't really the highlight of good writing... ENTERTAINING??? yes... extremely so... but i personally "wrote" out 3-4 eps last season, weeks before they dropped

and others were doing the same exact thing... describing details of what would play out and then it would happen exactly the same way

the coli is pretty good about that.... GOT is the only show that really kept everyone guessing cause they don't do normal tv type shyt

We all watch a lot of media so we can see the fallback tropes that TV and film writers use all the time.

The thing with Power is if it was realistic, the show would be over in a few episodes. We need mistakes and stupid decisions to create the drama that pushes the narrative forward.

You're also right GoT goes against those tropes which is why people get pissed off at it on the regular as it undermines what an audience expects. It's the difference between things being good and bad. GoT is more ambivalent about it's characters and less scared of killing them if the story calls for it. Audiences don't like that they believe in justice and fairness and bad guys losing. Despite it being a fantasy GoT is realer than most other shows.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the more i think about it, tommy going against ghost makes no sense, how will he even justify that? ghost broke him free from jail, hell, he offed the whole org and could've killed him there but let him walk away, but more importantly, ghost was trying to bring him along to the legit club business on some "lemme save your life shyt", tommy was saying selling drugs the only thing i'm good at and bruh said "fukk that, you're great at it. but i have more to offer"...like, if that does not show that he has love for tommy on some level what does? how can you go against someone, especially someone you consider a brother, after that? he better not partner up with lobos foreal

ghost = franklin
Tommy = michael
Lobos = Trevor

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I thought he was gonna stab her ass up:dame:. I believe she really is stupid. Cause holly is back, Tasha hates her, tommy hates her, and now she has stalker.

I predict her being dead by the end of the next season. :comeon:

Dont forget that she is now on Lobos Radar cause her snooping put him in that position to get stabbed plus tommy gonna tell him ghost is fawkin her so the fed boss going after him from the legal side on top of the street shyt.

I love how everybody in this show is a dirtbag somehow and who ever u root for just reflects what kind of shytbag u are