Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I'll put it this way to see if you and @Tha_Mac can see where I'm coming from:

Snitching is a huge 'no no', you're not even supposed to snitch on your adversary. You can't walk into a police station and tell on your enemies. That's against the code, that's not acceptable on the streets. However, you absolutely CAN set your enemies up (be it with other gangsters or with the police, or the IRS, their family, etc). That's all fair game.

What makes this situation foul is that Ghost did this to someone he's supposed to be cool with. So it's fukked up, it's dishonorable, but it ain't snitching.

I see that point of view but if you Ghost and Tasha trying to set somebody up why not just rob and kill Kanan? Instead of busting out his tail light, him going to jail with him possibly figuring out somebody set him up and coming back looking for revenge like he doing now.

Setting him up to go to jail leaves the avenue of him accusing Ghost and Tasha of his situation where if they killed him Ghost take over his business is the top dog and don't have to worry about Kanan coming back at them. Maybe some loyal soldiers but they soldiers and not bosses for a reason.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I'll put it this way to see if you and @Tha_Mac can see where I'm coming from:

Snitching is a huge 'no no', you're not even supposed to snitch on your adversary. You can't walk into a police station and tell on your enemies. That's against the code, that's not acceptable on the streets. However, you absolutely CAN set your enemies up (be it with other gangsters or with the police, or the IRS, their family, etc). That's all fair game.

What makes this situation foul is that Ghost did this to someone he's supposed to be cool with. So it's fukked up, it's dishonorable, but it ain't snitching.
Using the authority to help you is definitely not fair game

It might not be snitching in the most literal sense but it has the same intent/outcome so it's the same thing to me.

This reminds me of the Wire, when Marlo forced Andre to snitch on Omar, while Marlo didn't snitch on Omar directly, what he did still counts as snitching. Just like if you pay someone to do a hit, it still makes you a murderer.

Daps
Using the authority to help you is definitely not fair game

It might not be snitching in the most literal sense but it has the same intent/outcome so it's the same thing to me.

This reminds me of the Wire, when Marlo forced Andre to snitch on Omar, while Marlo didn't snitch on Omar directly, what he did still counts as snitching. Just like if you pay someone to do a hit, it still makes you a murderer.

If the streets found out you set up your enemy to catch a fed charge they wouldn't treat you the same as if they found out you acted as a CI. But it's ok, we have different definitions of snitching. :yeshrug:

Daps
I see that point of view but if you Ghost and Tasha trying to set somebody up why not just rob and kill Kanan? Instead of busting out his tail light, him going to jail with him possibly figuring out somebody set him up and coming back looking for revenge like he doing now.

Setting him up to go to jail leaves the avenue of him accusing Ghost and Tasha of his situation where if they killed him Ghost take over his business is the top dog and don't have to worry about Kanan coming back at them. Maybe some loyal soldiers but they soldiers and not bosses for a reason.

We don't know, may never know.

Could be that he had too much love for Kanan, could be that he couldn't think of a way to kill him without people thinking that Ghost did it. It's pretty clear that his right hand man (Tommy) wouldn't be ok with it.

Hell, we don't even fully know WHY he sent Kanan upstate. Was it just a power play, or was Kanan's recklessness becoming a liability? I get the impression that we'll learn more and more about all of this as the show unfolds.

Side bar: LMAO @ Kanan's lawyer only being able to get him out a year early over that inaccurate police report. Kanan minus whale finished his sentence at that point :mjlol:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
We don't know, may never know.

Could be that he had too much love for Kanan, could be that he couldn't think of a way to kill him without people thinking that Ghost did it. It's pretty clear that his right hand man (Tommy) wouldn't be ok with it.

Hell, we don't even fully know WHY he sent Kanan upstate. Was it just a power play, or was Kanan's recklessness becoming a liability? I get the impression that we'll learn more and more about all of this as the show unfolds.

Side bar: LMAO @ Kanan's lawyer only being able to get him out a year early over that inaccurate police report. Kanan minus whale finished his sentence at that point :mjlol:
Clean that up homie, I'm assuming "might as well".

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
speaking of the broads on this show, angela looks very average to me. I don't get her appeal physically. my boy was talkin bout she clean as hell. I don't see it.
900x900px-LL-6be0b7c1_2ns25vs.gif

:camby:

Daps
Why you going against the grain?

Clearly the director wanted to show Kanan didn't appreciate the disrespect towards Tommy, otherwise they would have simply had the young nikka disrespecting Kanan instead....if you watch the scene again, Kanan emphasizes specifically that the crew was to answer to him AND Tommy....right after the young nikka kept talking stupid.....so he was perturbed about it and he cut a look at the dude right afterward for laughing.

I think Kanan got love for him. If Kanan kills Tommy, its simply to have no loose ends but, that would be straight business, as in not personal. I don't think Kanan has the same hatred for Tommy as he does Ghost. He knows Ghost set him up. He knows Ghost is the brain, Tommy is the muscle. He saw how Ghost was living in the penthouse like Donald Trump and wanted to cancel him that moment. Tommy's not smart enough or ballsy enough to cross Kanan. I'm not understanding where you're getting this from.

And that's his money nikka.....go head and spend up a crazy murderer's money if you want homie :mjlol:
Tommy didn't take it as disrespect and he's a loose cannon himself. Tommy asked "where's it at" when Rock made the joke about watermelon & red kool-aid.

Kanan doesn't respect or fear Tommy. When Kanan first met up with Dre, he said he was going to play Tommy to get to the plug, then kill his ass.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Tommy didn't take it as disrespect and he's a loose cannon himself. Tommy asked "where's it at" when Rock made the joke about watermelon & red kool-aid.

Kanan doesn't respect or fear Tommy. When Kanan first met up with Dre, he said he was going to play Tommy to get to the plug, then kill his ass.

I gotta watch that scene again because i don't remember that. Either way, assuming the show ever went into that false reality where Kanan wins and Ghost dies, that would be incredibly stupid killing Tommy. Tommy's the only dude that's loyal to him. Dre doesn't know him, his boys don't know him and there atleast a 15 year age gap. Tommy would ride for him because they grew up together. Dre and his boys would murk him out one day like Lil Ze.

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina

Like Beans did bleek in state property i was always :dahell: at that scene nikka agreed to snitch in a movie. And he a street nikka.

to Set Up is snitching fuk all that lol.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still confused as to why Kanan is perceived as the bad guy because he wants to kill Ghost for setting him up to go to prison for 10 years, who wouldn't? And I bet you Tommy's girl will say that James is Ghost to the fed and Angela will assume she is just lying to protect Tommy and disregard it and her...until a later episode when she will consider it. Tommy will end up killing that chick before the end of the season and I think Kanan's son will be the cause of Kanan getting merked somehow