Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thx for the replys. I think the consensus is yoda was:flabbynsick:. As I said before what about when yoda was in his middle age years around 450 or so?. He would have like 300 years as a practicing jedi then and still be in good health. I would think he'd be doing outlandish force feats even if it was just using the light side.

The conclusion I'm coming to is yoda wasn't that great of a force user/jedi relative to the other jedi who had far less time time to practice.

Where would Mace Windu be if you gave him 300 years of being a jedi :sas2:

Their probably

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thx for the replys. I think the consensus is yoda was:flabbynsick:. As I said before what about when yoda was in his middle age years around 450 or so?. He would have like 300 years as a practicing jedi then and still be in good health. I would think he'd be doing outlandish force feats even if it was just using the light side.

The conclusion I'm coming to is yoda wasn't that great of a force user/jedi relative to the other jedi who had far less time time to practice.

Their probably
What made Mace such a good swordsman was that he tapped into the darkside similar to what Luke in Return of the Jedi.

Don't get it twisted tho, Yoda was a top tier force user.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What made Mace such a good swordsman was that he tapped into the darkside similar to what Luke in Return of the Jedi.

Don't get it twisted tho, Yoda was a top tier force user.

Who wouldn't be with 700 years of practice

:heh:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

Their probably

The fact that he's so old and still going toe to toe with Dooku/Palpatine IS an outlandish feat though. He can barely walk yet when he calls upon the force he's damn near flying around.

We see what happens to "humans" when they grow old, they're almost instantly :flabbynsick:

Mace was probably at his peak in Episode III.

And don't forget Palpatine tried running from Yoda, plus he's the first one to run from the saber fight and start throwing pods. Dooku also ran from Yoda.

Give him his props. Nikka was on his deathbed lifting X-Wings out of swamps and teaching Luke :ohlawd:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that he's so old and still going toe to toe with Dooku/Palpatine IS an outlandish feat though. He can barely walk yet when he calls upon the force he's damn near flying around.

We see what happens to "humans" when they grow old, they're almost instantly :flabbynsick:

Mace was probably at his peak in Episode III.

And don't forget Palpatine tried running from Yoda, plus he's the first one to run from the saber fight and start throwing pods. Dooku also ran from Yoda.

Give him his props. Nikka was on his deathbed lifting X-Wings out of swamps and teaching Luke :ohlawd:

what about when he was half the age when he died. He should have been pulling spaceships out of orbit when he was 400 years old if he wanted to.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what about when he was half the age when he died. He should have been pulling spaceships out of orbit when he was 400 years old if he wanted to.
Not necessarily, it more likely took centuries to get where he was at when we saw his fights with Dooku and Palpatine

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not necessarily, it more likely took centuries to get where he was at when we saw his fights with Dooku and Palpatine

But everybody else in the thread said he was sick and flabby n that's why Palpatine could compete with Yoda who has 700 more years experience.

If what it saying is true Yoda a slow learner if it took him 700 years to get to that point. Dooku was what 60's. It shouldn't have been as close as it was.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Not really.

Dooku was old as shyt and still good. So was Palpatine.

I think the only old force user we've seen that became :flabbynsick: was Obi-Wan, and I think that had more to do with the psychological effects of Order 66 and Anakin's betrayal than anything.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
We don't know the specifics of Yoda's race so it's difficult to speculate on what his physical prime was.

What we do know is that the times we've seen him he needed a cane to walk, or that flying chair thingy, was hunchbacked and still had Dooku and Palpatine running away (Palpatine being forced to fight anyway).

That's amazing.

Qui-Gon got taken out by a Sith apprentice. I agree that Dooku was still a great fighter, but he did get slept by a Knight (even if it was the chosen one). Palpatine got slept by Mace, initially ran from Yoda and later admits Vader will not take long to be more powerful than him.

While Dooku was old he also wasn't Yoda-old relatively speaking.

So force powers are one thing, but the whole point is that the nature still overrides the force - age matters. We saw Yoda in the last thirty/fourty years of his life.

We saw Yoda fight two of the most powerful force users in the galaxy. I'm pretty sure guys like him and Mace would've jacked Maul for his lunchmoney, as tough as Maul was.

Shyt we see what happened when Grievous squared up with Mace :ufdup:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
But everybody else in the thread said he was sick and flabby n that's why Palpatine could compete with Yoda who has 700 more years experience.

If what it saying is true Yoda a slow learner if it took him 700 years to get to that point. Dooku was what 60's. It shouldn't have been as close as it was.
Development of force powers doesn't necessarily follow a linear, constant rate. It's not like if you train x amount of hours per day over x amount of years, you are guaranteed to have x amount of power; or that if Dooku lived another 500 years he was guaranteed to become vastly more powerful than he was. There are natural ceilings to many force abilities for each force user, unless you can uncover ways to manipulate the Force to grant you more power (eg Plagueis).

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a valid question. The answer is that Palpatine was quite likely the most powerful Sith in history, along with one of the most powerful beings in general. He was essentially on par with Yoda, and probably just below the Skywalkers. Also, Yoda was only 23 years away from his death, after living for nearly 900 :yeshrug:
Also the Jedi were complacent and flabby when he started his plan . They weren't prepared