Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

Ezra

Daps
Yeah I was wondering if there's a grey area. Since this is obviously post re-set but still part of Old Republic.

It doesn't really matter until they do something that contradicts it. Plaguies is still canon to me, and there aint shyt you can tell me where I'll feel differently :wtb:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Yeah I was wondering if there's a grey area. Since this is obviously post re-set but still part of Old Republic.

It doesn't really matter until they do something that contradicts it. Plaguies is still canon to me, and there aint shyt you can tell me where I'll feel differently :wtb:
19e8b5d33db0e398f232b455dc35e878d444756e27d2af979b43e8c4fe00f05b.jpg

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Wait...what are yall talking about? Isnt Darth Plaguies super canon since he was mentioned in the movies?

Ezra

Daps
The only thing about Plagueis that's officially canon is the 2 min convo Sidius had with Anakin about him.

He was so strong in the force, he could influence midichlorians to keep his loved ones alive, and that his apprenticed killed him.

However - If we're really getting technical - we dont even know if he actually existed. Could have been all BS Palpatine was feeding Anakin to manipulate him
:troll:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The only thing about Plagueis that's officially canon is the 2 min convo Sidius had with Anakin about him.

He was so strong in the force, he could influence midichlorians to keep his loved ones alive, and that his apprenticed killed him.

However - If we're really getting technical - we dont even know if he actually existed. Could have been all BS Palpatine was feeding Anakin to manipulate him
:troll:

This.

One of the OG story outlines George wrote for Episode III had Anakin scouring through the Jedi archives trying to find shyt on Plageuis. Not being able to find anything he deduces that either the Jedi are trying to hide shyt from him OR Palpatine made that shyt up. He ends up believing the former of course because he's not that bright.

Originally Anakin was genuinely going to turn dark because he felt the Jedi had been corrupted, it's only later that George threw in the Padme shyt because he felt that Anakin had to fully realize he was doing a terrible thing for him to be a true villain.

That's what I love about the turn, a lot of people complain that Anakin's not likeable - but that's kind of the point. You don't become Vader by just putting on a mask. Vader was never some romantic villain - he was a scumbag goon who's only dream was to take over the galaxy from his master.

George Lucas :wow::salute:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucas bounced ideas around with Luceno when he wrote Darth Plagueis, so I hope they don't completely wipe away everything from that novel. Plus it adds so much to the Prequels