Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, I expected it. They pretty much had to do it to appease the internet nerds.

Once the sequel trilogy is done I'm confident we'll get some new shyt.
To me, it lessens what the Rebels accomplished in the OT seeing that after 30 years the Empire still has a hold. How long will we have to wait till the next trilogy for someone different?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dave Filoni Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Interview
PETER: I love the idea of the Force neutral creature. And I was wondering where did that come about? Like did you talk to George Lucas about like the idea of that there could be Force neutral beings in this galaxy?

DAVE: I had a lot of discussions with George about the Force and a lot of that stemmed out of our discussions for Mortis that a lot of it dealt with our discussions on the characters that were the kind of multi-personality being that Yoda finds, the Priestesses in the end of The Clone Wars. And so we were really getting into the nature of the Force as being the cosmic Force and the living Force and what that all means. And so Bendu for me is an extension of those conversations I had with George. And I’m trying to really get down in the story lore a lot of the things he and I talked about. So he wasn’t a character we talked about, but I knew there was opportunity for a character like that. Once you get beyond the concept of the Jedi and the Sith where kind of religion’s working using the Force, there is the Force itself which exists all around us. It’s just life itself. And the balance of the Force never speaks in terms of destroying one side or the other. That’s an attitude we put on it saying okay, the light must vanquish the dark and the dark wants to stop the light. Those are imbalances, which nature corrects all the time. So there were a lot of conversations around the nature of what the chosen one is and how these things operate that Bendu kind of speaks to. And but mainly my influence for Bendu was Tom Bombadil, the character from the world of Tolkien. Someone that’s not really on either side, but seems to be more on the good than the bad. But he’s not really influenced by either. And he’s so old, it’s just a whim to him and a fun thing. But if he tires of you, he will tell you to leave. So yeah, Tom Baker of course does an excellent job portraying this character. And he understands this mythic lore type of storytelling better than anyone. And you can see his voice is just fantastic.
:wow: This man gets it.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I really need to get caught up with Rebels.

I wanted to get up to date in time for season three but things got in the way.

Ezra

Daps
I really need to get caught up with Rebels.

I wanted to get up to date in time for season three but things got in the way.
giphy.gif

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Star Wars brehs i've been wondering this.

Why was yoda so weak relative too his age?

I mean he started jedi traing ate age 100 or so. He was around 850 when palpatine crushed the buildings who was around his 50's.

I always thought for someone so gifted in the force and with over 700 years practicing as a jedi he'd be way stronger in the force. I mean how can someone who has a human lifespan be on level playing field or even close to someone with 600 to 700 years in the game :mindblown:.

I'm not going to get into all stuff yoda let happen right up under his nose. But as far as the force with 700 years in the game ud think he'd be able to stop spaceships while in his rocking chair on some:coffee:.

The only thing I could think of would be he's :flabbynsick: during the movies so he's not in his prime. But even then at middle age he'd be roughly 450 years old with about 300 years of jedi experience. Was he able to do over-the-top jedi force moves then, and if no why couldn't he with all that time.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

I mean he started jedi traing ate age 100 or so. He was around 850 when palpatine crushed the buildings who was around his 50's.

I always thought for someone so gifted in the force and with over 700 years practicing as a jedi he'd be way stronger in the force. I mean how can someone who has a human lifespan be on level playing field or even close to someone with 600 to 700 years in the game :mindblown:.

I'm not going to get into all stuff yoda let happen right up under his nose. But as far as the force with 700 years in the game ud think he'd be able to stop spaceships while in his rocking chair on some:coffee:.

The only thing I could think of would be he's :flabbynsick: during the movies so he's not in his prime. But even then at middle age he'd be roughly 450 years old with about 300 years of jedi experience. Was he able to do over-the-top jedi force moves then, and if no why couldn't he with all that time.
It's a valid question. The answer is that Palpatine was quite likely the most powerful Sith in history, along with one of the most powerful beings in general. He was essentially on par with Yoda, and probably just below the Skywalkers. Also, Yoda was only 23 years away from his death, after living for nearly 900 :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yoda was probably sick already, remember he admits in JEDI that he's grown old and sick.

It's also not in his nature to use the force to try and prolong his life, YADDLE in Episode I proves Yoda's race is what allows him to live so long - not necessarily his powers.

He just accepts his mortality it's why he's smart enough to walk away from the Emperor fight.

The fact that he still holds his own shows his power. Look at how fast Obi-Wan gets :flabbynsick:, even Qui-Gon got taken out by an apprentice.

On the low Mace Windu is the most powerful fighter (physically) we've seen since he legit took out the Emperor in a fade.:mjpls: fans were riding a "Palpatine faked it" theory so hard George Lucas crushed those buildings twice by explicitly stating Mace slept him for real.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yoda was probably sick already, remember he admits in JEDI that he's grown old and sick.

It's also not in his nature to use the force to try and prolong his life, YADDLE in Episode I proves Yoda's race is what allows him to live so long - not necessarily his powers.

He just accepts his mortality it's why he's smart enough to walk away from the Emperor fight.

The fact that he still holds his own shows his power. Look at how fast Obi-Wan gets :flabbynsick:, even Qui-Gon got taken out by an apprentice.

On the low Mace Windu is the most powerful fighter (physically) we've seen since he legit took out the Emperor in a fade.:mjpls: fans were riding a "Palpatine faked it" theory so hard George Lucas crushed those buildings twice by explicitly stating Mace slept him for real.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

"with no definitive answer" is false, it's been confirmed by the god of Star Wars twice.

But dope video and happy to see he mentions George's input. However I do not agree with using sources other than George, he refers to James Luceno to try and claim that Sidious's plan went "without incident" when George directly stated that Palpatine wasn't planning on losing. So that in itself is an incident.

He also claims Palpatine kills Mace's squad "before Mace could react" which is absolutely false. As Mace stepping out of that lineup IS his reaction, not only that but KIT FISTO also managed to react to it - he just couldn't keep up after. He further contradicts himself as he later states, using the novel, that Palpatine already tried killing Mace before Anakin shows up by throwing him out of the window. Which goes against the idea that he intentionally kept Mace alive on first strike.

I also don't believe at all that the lightning was overpowering Mace, Mace's reference that Palpatine is "too powerful" was in relation to him running the senate and the courts. He's proved even further right because we next find out Palpatine runs the Clones as well.

Finally - Palpatine tries killing Mace Windu with Anakin there already on the spot. So if he really wanted to kill Mace he would've done so. If he really wanted Anakin to do it he could've immediately pretended to be powerless.

Palpatine won because he realized Anakin was undecided after/during his initial lightning strike on Mace. Mace lost because he thought Anakin was there to help him.

All in all dope video tho, Episode III was so piff :wow:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yoda was strong with the force but even he had limits. I don't think he ever explored it's full reaches seeing how it was against the Jedi code to practice the dark side.

By the time he fought Palpatine, I believe he was emotionally and physically spent plus his age.