Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Mace Windu getting his own comic. Hopefully it's pre-episode 1.

Anyone else been keeping up w the comics? Nothign all that great lately. None of them have had anything note worthy recently. The first Dr. Aphra arc was great.
Takes place shortly after AOTC:
http://www.starwars.com/news/mace-windu-goes-solo-in-new-marvel-comic

Haven't the opportunity yet to dive into the comics as I have with the novels, but I may have to read this particular one as soon as the first issue is released in August :lupe:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
If Boba Fett, became a fan favorite with 3 lines and 5minutes total, why couldn't the aforementioned?

boba fett being somewhat limited and mysterious in ESB is precisely the reason he became a fan favorite though.

Ezra

Daps
Read both Rebel Rising and Guardian of the Whills. Neither are must reads.

Biggest takeaway from Rebel Rising was how much of a terrorist Saw became.

Guardian of the Whills - Not a ton. Some very surface level stuff about the Force Religions and different factions of them. Not much else to talk about

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Read both Rebel Rising and Guardian of the Whills. Neither are must reads.

Biggest takeaway from Rebel Rising was how much of a terrorist Saw became.

Guardian of the Whills - Not a ton. Some very surface level stuff about the Force Religions and different factions of them. Not much else to talk about
:mjlol:

Rebel Rising takes place before Jyn leaves the Partisians, which is 6 years prior to R1, right? So this is well before Saw's appearance in Rebels Season 3?

Regarding the Guardians of the Whills, any mention of the Jedi Order & their potential association with the Guardians during their early history?

Ezra

Daps
:mjlol:

Rebel Rising takes place before Jyn leaves the Partisians, which is 6 years prior to R1, right? So this is well before Saw's appearance in Rebels Season 3?

Regarding the Guardians of the Whills, any mention of the Jedi Order & their potential association with the Guardians during their early history?

Rebel Rising takes place from when Saw pics her up out of the well to when Cassian and K2SO break her out of the prison camp

No mention of that connection during early history

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Rebel Rising takes place from when Saw pics her up out of the well to when Cassian and K2SO break her out of the prison camp

No mention of that connection during early history
After the point in the novel where Jyn leaves Saw's group, are there any more scenes with him?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just have no interest in Jyn and Saw outside of what we saw in Rogue One. Really the rebel forces between the time after Order 66 and until Luke joins are just :ld: to me. The Empire, however, are tons more interesting, imo.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I just have no interest in Jyn and Saw outside of what we saw in Rogue One. Really the rebel forces between the time after Order 66 and until Luke joins are just :ld: to me. The Empire, however, are tons more interesting, imo.
I'd agree that during this time period, there is probably a higher amount of interesting stories that are primarily focused on the Empire; however I still think there are several compelling Rebel-focused stories. For example, a novel involving Bail Organa & Mon Mothma having to navigate the Imperial Senate while secretly establishing the Rebel Alliance could be really interesting imo. It could begin shortly after ROTS, with the purging of the Delegation of 2000 , and culminate with Mon Mothma's speech decrying Palpatine, which occurs during Rebels Season 3.