Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

Ezra

Daps
How does it rank in the new canon, in your opinion? Is it worth reading? Would it serve as a sort of followup to the Death Star & Tarkin aspects of Catalyst?
It's more of a character study than a novel/story. Its really dry and meticulous and I feel like that was a stylistic choice to mimic Tarkin's personality.

I enjoyed it. Gave a lot of insight into Tarkin and Palpatine. It's definitely worth reading, but I dont think it serves as a follow up to Catalyst. There really isn't a lot of crossover and most of the events take place before the events of Catalyst. The reason being, I doubt they had any of the story lined up for Catalyst/Rogue One when Tarkin was being written.

Ezra

Daps
Except for the kids books, ive read or watched every piece of new Canon. All the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, Books and Comics.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Except for the kids books, ive read or watched every piece of new Canon. All the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, Books and Comics.
All the books and comics? :merchant::leon:

Given that, which comics would you say are the best thus far? Kanan? Vader?

Ezra

Daps
Keeping in mind Ive never read comics before, and the only reason I read these is because Im a massive SW nerd...

I like the mini series better than the longer on going series.

Lando was by far the best.
Kanaan, Obi-wan & Anakin, and Shattered Empire I all enjoyed a lot.

Leia and Chewy were just bad.

Han Solo was good, but the ending was really weird and so far outside of what Star Wars usually does it really threw me for a loop.

The ongoing series - Darth Vader, and Star Wars, some good some bad. They had a crossover arc that was amazing.

Poe Dameron is only 5 or so issues in. It's not great so far.

Ezra

Daps
If I had to rate the book, I'll group them in Tiers.

1. Bloodline
2. Lost Stars
3. Aftermath:Life Debt
4. Dark Disciple
5. Catalyst

6. Lords of the Sith
7. A New Dawn
8. Tarkin
9. Battlefront

9. Heir to the Jedi
10. Ahsoka

11. Aftermath

Top group are great books and add a ton to the new canon.

Second group is good, but not great. If I read A New Dawn agian, I'd probably like it more because I have more familiarity with the Rebels group than I did when I read it.

Third group was just ok. Not mad I read them but didnt offer much at all

Aftermath was so so bad, if I had to pay for it I'd be pretty pissed off I wasted the money. However, Life Debt is so good, it almost makes up for needing to read Aftermath to get to it.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping in mind Ive never read comics before, and the only reason I read these is because Im a massive SW nerd...

I like the mini series better than the longer on going series.

Lando was by far the best.
Kanaan, Obi-wan & Anakin, and Shattered Empire I all enjoyed a lot.

Leia and Chewy were just bad.

Han Solo was good, but the ending was really weird and so far outside of what Star Wars usually does it really threw me for a loop.

The ongoing series - Darth Vader, and Star Wars, some good some bad. They had a crossover arc that was amazing.

Poe Dameron is only 5 or so issues in. It's not great so far.
You never read the Dark Horse, Star Wars comic books? If not and you are interested, for $9.99 a month you can read them all with Marvel Unlimited.

Ezra

Daps
You never read the Dark Horse, Star Wars comic books? If not and you are interested, for $9.99 a month you can read them all with Marvel Unlimited.
Nah never did. I use to think I was a big star wars nerd. In that I had seen all the movies, could quote them and shyt. Never read any of the books or event the Clone Wars cartoon. Then I found threads like this and realized I knew less than a snot nosed padawan on his first day.

That was about 3 years ago when Disney bought Lucasfilm and I was starting to get excited about TFA and I dove right in. Stayed up to date on the new books from the jump, and about a year ago decided I wanted to read the comics. Im finally caught up with all the new canon material.

No lie - Ive probably read 25-30 SW books in the past few years. It's been quite the crash course.

As I said, Im not really a comic book guy and since the old stuff isn't relevant anymore, I probably wouldn't be too interested. Only caveat would be if there are any that cover The Old Republic and deal with Revan. He's the one I know least about, and feel like I should know more. He's from the video game, and Im not much of a gamer either.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah never did. I use to think I was a big star wars nerd. In that I had seen all the movies, could quote them and shyt. Never read any of the books or event the Clone Wars cartoon. Then I found threads like this and realized I knew less than a snot nosed padawan on his first day.

That was about 3 years ago when Disney bought Lucasfilm and I was starting to get excited about TFA and I dove right in. Stayed up to date on the new books from the jump, and about a year ago decided I wanted to read the comics. Im finally caught up with all the new canon material.

No lie - Ive probably read 25-30 SW books in the past few years. It's been quite the crash course.

As I said, Im not really a comic book guy and since the old stuff isn't relevant anymore, I probably wouldn't be too interested. Only caveat would be if there are any that cover The Old Republic and deal with Revan. He's the one I know least about, and feel like I should know more. He's from the video game, and Im not much of a gamer either.
That's kinda like how I was
They got all or nearly all of the Old Republic comics Dark Horse dropped.
I believe you can browse the app without signing in